Frank Drackman

Default What Happened to Jesada?

When reading the earlier post about router bits I wondered what the status
was with Jesada Tools. When I connected to their site it said that Razor
Tools was taking over the internet order process for them.

For a while in the 90's it seemed that they were an up and coming company.
The owner seemed concerned with customer service and was very involved in
the woodworking forum on CompuServe. I know that the nasty split with CMT
hurt them but they seemed to come out of it OK. Does anyone know what has
happened lately?

Leon

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message
When reading the earlier post about router bits I wondered what the status
was with Jesada Tools. When I connected to their site it said that Razor
Tools was taking over the internet order process for them.

For a while in the 90's it seemed that they were an up and coming company.
The owner seemed concerned with customer service and was very involved in
the woodworking forum on CompuServe. I know that the nasty split with CMT
hurt them but they seemed to come out of it OK. Does anyone know what has
happened lately?

Once the American CMT and ordered by the courts to change names to Jesada
sold a year or two ago and the new owners and their service suck.
David, the original owners son started and runs Infinity tools.

Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:01:51 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message
When reading the earlier post about router bits I wondered what the status
was with Jesada Tools. When I connected to their site it said that Razor
Tools was taking over the internet order process for them.

For a while in the 90's it seemed that they were an up and coming company.
The owner seemed concerned with customer service and was very involved in
the woodworking forum on CompuServe. I know that the nasty split with CMT
hurt them but they seemed to come out of it OK. Does anyone know what has
happened lately?

Once the American CMT and ordered by the courts to change names to Jesada
sold a year or two ago and the new owners and their service suck.
David, the original owners son started and runs Infinity tools.

Leon, have you tried any Infinity bits? Just curious what their quality
and value are.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Leon, have you tried any Infinity bits? Just curious what their quality
and value are.

I'm not Leon, but their bits are very good quality. I'd rank them right
up with Whiteside, Amana, etc. They offer some good discounts and specials
if you are on the email list.

Frank Drackman

"Leon" wrote in message news:3mRdf.17582$
Once the American CMT and ordered by the courts to change names to Jesada
sold a year or two ago and the new owners and their service suck.
David, the original owners son started and runs Infinity tools.

That is great to know. I had heard that Infinity had a good reputationm but
didn't know the link with David. If anyone here was a member of the
CompuServe forum they will remember that Carlo was fantastic.

Todd Fatheree

wrote:

[...]

I'm not Leon either, and I don't know about their router bits, but I *did*
just receive a rip blade from them and it cuts sweeeeet.

todd

Leon

wrote:

Leon, have you tried any Infinity bits? Just curious what their quality
and value are.

Yes, I bought a rail and stile and raised panel set about 1 year ago from
them. To that I will add that I have had a CMT rail and stile bit set for
about 10 years and have done probably 15 pieces of furniture with the set
and only touch the carbide up with a diamond file. The CMT bits seem to cut
cleaner and better than the new Infinity set.
Further however I have not used the Infinity rail and stile set yet, only
the railed panel bit and that is the only Infinity bit I have used so far.
Value, they seem to be priced fairly but so far I believe that the old
Jesada and CMT bits cut better. I know that I am not comparing apples to
apples here but it's my gut feeling. The Jesada and CMT bits certainly
looked better than the Infinity bits when new. IIRC Infinity does not do
its own manufacturing rather they have their bits made to their specs. This
may have changed.

Leon

"Leon" wrote in message
Once the American CMT and ordered by the courts to change names to Jesada
sold a year or two ago and the new owners and their service suck.
David, the original owners son started and runs Infinity tools.

That is great to know. I had heard that Infinity had a good reputationm
but didn't know the link with David. If anyone here was a member of the
CompuServe forum they will remember that Carlo was fantastic.

A side note I mentioned in another part of this thread, while Jesada
manufactured its own bits, Infinity has its bits made to their specs by
another company. At least that is the way I understood it 1 year ago.

David Venditto

Hello Frank,

years ago. The people who bought the company from him did not have
much luck with it and are no longer in the business. At Jesada I worked
in the manufacturing division where I was responsible for tool design
and production.

Infinity Tools was started about three years ago and is an American
company. We design and engineer all of our cutting tools in-house
(Clearwater, Florida) to ensure the best quality possible. We currently
partner with American, Italian and Taiwanese facilities to produce to
our exact specification.

As far as our quality and value are concerned; Infinity was founded on
two guiding principles, only the highest quality, only the best
service. In fact, if you or any forum member would like to try our
products, I'd be happy to give you 30% off any selection of router bits
until the end of this week. I would only ask that you post your opinion
of our products on the forum for others to view.

As always, if you have any questions you can reach me directly at the
office at 877-872-2487.

David Venditto
Infinity Tools

p.s.
For those of you who used to know my dad, he is loving Florida
retirement where he lives with my mom and his two golden retrievers,
Charlie and Charlotte.

Greg G.

David Venditto said:

As far as our quality and value are concerned; Infinity was founded on
two guiding principles, only the highest quality, only the best
service. In fact, if you or any forum member would like to try our
products, I'd be happy to give you 30% off any selection of router bits
until the end of this week. I would only ask that you post your opinion
of our products on the forum for others to view.

I'm glad to see that someone has been handed the torch.
Although how you guys handle the daily gridlock of JFK and Alt19 is
beyond me.

As for the opinions - you could get more than you asked for.
Hmm... maybe I'll order up a set. g

Greg G.

Upscale

"David Venditto" wrote in message
Infinity Tools was started about three years ago and is an American
company. We design and engineer all of our cutting tools in-house
(Clearwater, Florida) to ensure the best quality possible. We currently
partner with American, Italian and Taiwanese facilities to produce to
our exact specification.

http://www.infinitytools.com/ for anybody that wants to know.

Patrick Conroy

"David Venditto" wrote in
oups.com:

As far as our quality and value are concerned; Infinity was founded on
two guiding principles, only the highest quality, only the best
service.

I own 'em. I think you've succeeded on both counts.
Frank Drackman

"David Venditto" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks David, I definately remember your dad. In my mind he is one of the
models of customer service that I try to remember. Even in the ugly split
with the other CMT he took the high road. I wish him well and will head to
your site when I need some tooling.

Vic Baron

Thanks David, I definately remember your dad. In my mind he is one of the
models of customer service that I try to remember. Even in the ugly split
with the other CMT he took the high road. I wish him well and will head

your site when I need some tooling.

I ditto that - Carlo is a class act. I also will visit your site as needs
arise.

Vic

Billy

I would only ask that you post your opinion of our products on the
forum for others to view.

I've bought six Infinity bits in the last two months and recommend them
without reservation. They are well balanced, properly designed, and cut
very nicely.
Now if you only made replacement bits for my Keller dovetail jig.
Billy.

FS: Jesada Cutters M. Ginter Woodworking 1 November 30th 04 11:17 AM
Jesada ist Kapoot Gogain Woodworking 33 October 30th 04 02:04 AM
Update on Jesada Tools situation Seeker Woodworking 6 July 28th 04 11:22 AM
FA: Brand new CMT & Jesada router bit sets, last day! David F. Eisan Woodworking 0 November 16th 03 01:38 AM
FA: Brand New CMT and Jesada router bit sets. David F. Eisan Woodworking 2 November 12th 03 01:02 AM