Leon

Default What Happened to Jesada?

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:01:51 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Leon, have you tried any Infinity bits? Just curious what their quality
and value are.

Yes, I bought a rail and stile and raised panel set about 1 year ago from
them. To that I will add that I have had a CMT rail and stile bit set for
about 10 years and have done probably 15 pieces of furniture with the set
and only touch the carbide up with a diamond file. The CMT bits seem to cut
cleaner and better than the new Infinity set.
Further however I have not used the Infinity rail and stile set yet, only
the railed panel bit and that is the only Infinity bit I have used so far.
Value, they seem to be priced fairly but so far I believe that the old
Jesada and CMT bits cut better. I know that I am not comparing apples to
apples here but it's my gut feeling. The Jesada and CMT bits certainly
looked better than the Infinity bits when new. IIRC Infinity does not do
its own manufacturing rather they have their bits made to their specs. This
may have changed.