Jim

Default WANTED: PLANER

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12".
This should be in or around the Houston area. May even
consider one located in Austin as I travel through there
occasionally.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where it can be seen.

Thank you.

LRod

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12".
This should be in or around the Houston area. May even
consider one located in Austin as I travel through there
occasionally.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where it can be seen.

Thank you.

This gets posted about once a week. Earlier this week someone posted a
planer for sale in the Houston area and yet this guy is still posting
this.

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Upscale

"LRod" wrote in message
This gets posted about once a week. Earlier this week someone posted a
planer for sale in the Houston area and yet this guy is still posting
this.

At this point, I'm guessing he put his computer on autopost once per week
and suffered a fatal coronary just after sending the original message. That
was several months ago. They haven't found his body because he told his
neighbours he was going out of town for awhile. The neighbourhood kid hired
to remove his mail is still doing so and that's why the mailman hasn't
noticed anything unusual yet.

Of course, they won't find his body since he had a rather large dog who
naturally, has to eat. So, he's been 100% consumed and these messages will
continue for awhile longer until the electric company shuts off his power
for non-payment and the computer goes off ~ in three more months.

Doug Miller

In article O25Me.641$UI.386@okepread05, "Rob Mills" wrote:
lordhelpus

Please don't feed the trolls.

--
Regards,

J. Clarke

Upscale wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
This gets posted about once a week. Earlier this week someone posted a
planer for sale in the Houston area and yet this guy is still posting
this.

At this point, I'm guessing he put his computer on autopost once per week
and suffered a fatal coronary just after sending the original message.
That was several months ago. They haven't found his body because he told
his neighbours he was going out of town for awhile. The neighbourhood kid
hired to remove his mail is still doing so and that's why the mailman
hasn't noticed anything unusual yet.

Of course, they won't find his body since he had a rather large dog who
naturally, has to eat. So, he's been 100% consumed and these messages will
continue for awhile longer until the electric company shuts off his power
for non-payment and the computer goes off ~ in three more months.

Unless he has autopay on his electric bill and a big bank balance in which
case it will continue until he fails to pay his property tax enough times
that they put his house up for auction.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
BillyBob

"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

Its not a scam. I have communicated with the poster via email. I connected
them to the for-sale stuff in Houston. Basically there was a huge gap
between selling and buying price. So they are still looking. Its a
persistentent legitimate poster.

Bob Davis in Houston, Texas tryng to calm the waters.

Duane Bozarth

BillyBob wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

Its not a scam. I have communicated with the poster via email. I connected
them to the for-sale stuff in Houston. Basically there was a huge gap
between selling and buying price. So they are still looking. Its a
persistentent legitimate poster.

Bob Davis in Houston, Texas tryng to calm the waters.

It's only a $300 item list, so can't seem to be too much room unless
one or the other is totally out of line--and I'm guessing buyer here is
looking for an unknowing seller...
BillyBob

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

It's only a $300 item list, so can't seem to be too much room unless
one or the other is totally out of line--

I think the one listed sells for $377. The asking price was a little too
close to full retail.

Bob

J. Clarke

BillyBob wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

It's only a $300 item list, so can't seem to be too much room unless
one or the other is totally out of line--

I think the one listed sells for $377. The asking price was a little too
close to full retail.

Home Depot has new 12-1/2" Deltas for $179. How cheap does he _want_?

Bob

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Kevin Miller

LRod wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12".
This should be in or around the Houston area. May even
consider one located in Austin as I travel through there
occasionally.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where it can be seen.

Thank you.

This gets posted about once a week. Earlier this week someone posted a
planer for sale in the Houston area and yet this guy is still posting
this.

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

My guess is they're trying to put together a mailing list to sell to
spammers - both email and snail mail. Could be way off base, but who
but telemarketers need your email, telephone number or address?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
bridger

BillyBob wrote:
"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

Its not a scam. I have communicated with the poster via email. I connected
them to the for-sale stuff in Houston. Basically there was a huge gap
between selling and buying price. So they are still looking. Its a
persistentent legitimate poster.

Bob Davis in Houston, Texas tryng to calm the waters.

OK, Bob...
think you could send them another email explaining that nobody here has
a planer cheap enough for them and that we're getting tired of the spam?

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, the opaque Jim
clearly wrote:

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12".
This should be in or around the Houston area. May even
consider one located in Austin as I travel through there
occasionally.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where it can be seen.

Thank you.

Um, haven't I seen this ad here many times before?

Try www.Ebay.com , Jim.

Try ALL the local newspapers, Jim.

Try www.OnlineAuction.com , Jim.

Just stop trying here, Jim.

[...]

I hope you understand where I'm going with this, Jim
OK?

---=====---
After all else fails, read the instructions.
---=====---
Website Design and Update http://www.diversify.com
Lew Hodgett

Larry Jaques wrote:

Try www.Ebay.com , Jim.

Try ALL the local newspapers, Jim.

Try www.OnlineAuction.com , Jim.

Just stop trying here, Jim.

I hope you understand where I'm going with this, Jim
OK?

You forgot, save up $400 and buy what you need.

Lew
Mark & Juanita

clearly wrote:

I am wanting to buy a used thickness planer of at least 12".
This should be in or around the Houston area. May even
consider one located in Austin as I travel through there
occasionally.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where it can be seen.

Thank you.

Um, haven't I seen this ad here many times before?

Based upon another's posting, it seems as if Jim is not just looking for
*any* planer, but the *right* planer at the *right* price. It might be
helpful if Jim would be a bit more specific, i.e, more details on the type
of planer he is looking for and the price range he is interested in.

Upscale

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Based upon another's posting, it seems as if Jim is not just looking for
*any* planer, but the *right* planer at the *right* price.

Aren't we all? I'd like a high end 24" planer in perfect working condition
with three spare sets of carbide blades for under $10.00. Doesn't mean that
I'm going to post what I'd like on a regular basis until I find it.

Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:16:11 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Based upon another's posting, it seems as if Jim is not just looking for
*any* planer, but the *right* planer at the *right* price.

Aren't we all? I'd like a high end 24" planer in perfect working condition
with three spare sets of carbide blades for under $10.00. Doesn't mean that
I'm going to post what I'd like on a regular basis until I find it.

You forgot to add that you need the person's phone number and the address
where you can view it :-)

As I indicated, Jim might have a bit better response if he were to post
the price range he is willing to pay -- he might get some feedback
regarding whether his expectations are realistic.

Upscale

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

As I indicated, Jim might have a bit better response if he were to post
the price range he is willing to pay -- he might get some feedback
regarding whether his expectations are realistic.

Well, he's posted the ad a number of times while being completely free to
view the comments and questions associated with the repeated posting. He's
failed in every respect to answer those questions here (in effect helping
himself out by doing so). That suggests to me that he doesn't merit any
additional consideration.

Dan Bollinger

My guess is they're trying to put together a mailing list to sell to
spammers - both email and snail mail. Could be way off base, but who
but telemarketers need your email, telephone number or address?

A good mailing list goes for $100 per thousand contacts, or 10¢ each.
Lessee, woodworkers having cheap planers for sale in Houston. Outta be
about 23 names. Maybe. Wow, he can quit his day job on that $2.30.

Clint

If you really don't want to see the message, just block them. Or learn to
ignore the posts that you don't want to read. It's not that big of a deal,
is it?

It's also not spam, by any stretch of the imagination. Unless the
definition has changed to "messages that don't meet with my personal
approval".

Clint

"bridger" wrote in message
oups.com...

BillyBob wrote:
"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:08:34 GMT, Jim wrote:

Any ideas? It seems far too crude and localized to just be an email
harvesting gambit or a phishing expedition.

Its not a scam. I have communicated with the poster via email. I
connected
them to the for-sale stuff in Houston. Basically there was a huge gap
between selling and buying price. So they are still looking. Its a
persistentent legitimate poster.

Bob Davis in Houston, Texas tryng to calm the waters.

OK, Bob...
think you could send them another email explaining that nobody here has
a planer cheap enough for them and that we're getting tired of the spam?

Kevin Miller

Dan Bollinger wrote:
My guess is they're trying to put together a mailing list to sell to
spammers - both email and snail mail. Could be way off base, but who
but telemarketers need your email, telephone number or address?

A good mailing list goes for $100 per thousand contacts, or 10¢ each.
Lessee, woodworkers having cheap planers for sale in Houston. Outta be
about 23 names. Maybe. Wow, he can quit his day job on that $2.30.

Smoken' income opportunites at that rate! I just figured out what to do
to augment my retirement plan! Hey, anybody got *anything* to sell?
Send me your name, address, email and telephone number. Your credit
card number wouldn't hurt either. ;-)

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Andy Dingley

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:09:47 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

It might be helpful if Jim would be a bit more specific, i.e, more details on the type
of planer he is looking for

He should get a square-head planer.

Larry Jaques

wrote:

It might be helpful if Jim would be a bit more specific, i.e, more details on the type
of planer he is looking for

He should get a square-head planer.

Hehehe. You're baaaaad, Andy.

-
Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap.
-----------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Bruce Barnett

"Clint" writes:

If you really don't want to see the message, just block them. Or
learn to ignore the posts that you don't want to read. It's not
that big of a deal, is it?

That's simple netiquette - like deleting unnecessary lines before posting.

[27 lines deleted.]

Bruce Barnett wrote:
"Clint" writes:

If you really don't want to see the message, just block them. Or
learn to ignore the posts that you don't want to read. It's not
that big of a deal, is it?

That's simple netiquette - like deleting unnecessary lines before posting.

[27 lines deleted.]

Well, when someone top-posts they don't have to worry about deleting
unnnecessary lines because _they_ don't see them.

I'm sure there are plenty of stores that sell planers in the Greater
Houston area. Maybe we should give him the addresses and phone
numbers of a few.

--

FF