UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 93
Default Can we agree...

....that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:35:24 -0000 (UTC), Bev wrote:

...that T i m knows everything,


Nope, even he has never suggested anything along those lines? Is he
intimidating you because you are so thick?

is always correct in what he says


And again, other than if he says it there is a fair chance he knows it
to be reasonably correct.

and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.


Ah, you seem to be confusing that with left brainers throwing their
toys out of the pram when he stands up for himself. Does the fact that
he has his own POV upset you then?

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


Oh no! I wonder how he is going to cope without *your* incitefull
contributions 'Bev'?

Oh, please respect all the others here by marking your personal issues
as off topic.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know your little post probably says more about you than you
intended, 'Bev @invalid.com'. ;-(

  #3   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 24/04/2021 20:19, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:35:24 -0000 (UTC), Bev wrote:

...that T i m knows everything,


Nope, even he has never suggested anything along those lines? Is he
intimidating you because you are so thick?


What a faceplant. Can't you see sarcasm when it hits you in the face?

is always correct in what he says


And again, other than if he says it there is a fair chance he knows it
to be reasonably correct.


Like trillions of animals slaughtered every year.

and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.


Ah, you seem to be confusing that with left brainers throwing their
toys out of the pram when he stands up for himself. Does the fact that
he has his own POV upset you then?


More abuse to save a lost argument.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


Oh no! I wonder how he is going to cope without *your* incitefull
contributions 'Bev'?


You rarely respond to me. Perhaps others should follow my lead?

Oh, please respect all the others here by marking your personal issues
as off topic.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know your little post probably says more about you than you
intended, 'Bev @invalid.com'. ;-(


I'm sure her B12 levels are higher than yours.


  #4   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 20:29:51 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 20:19, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:35:24 -0000 (UTC), Bev wrote:

...that T i m knows everything,


Nope, even he has never suggested anything along those lines? Is he
intimidating you because you are so thick?


What a faceplant.


Another one mirroring now ... brilliant. They (the trolls) wouldn't
have a unique idea amongst them (assuming it's not all the same
troll).

Can't you see sarcasm when it hits you in the face?


O M G. You *really* are thick aren't you! (and yet more mirroring).
Now I really do feel sorry for you, not only being so devoid of the
most basic human understanding but stuck down that hole you are still
digging and covered in my ****. Obviously I wouldn't have ****ed on
you if you were on fire ...

is always correct in what he says


And again, other than if he says it there is a fair chance he knows it
to be reasonably correct.


Like trillions of animals slaughtered every year.


Yup. Fact. Suck it up troll.

and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.


Ah, you seem to be confusing that with left brainers throwing their
toys out of the pram when he stands up for himself. Does the fact that
he has his own POV upset you then?


More abuse to save a lost argument.


Aww, princess, is that still all you've got. ;-(

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


Oh no! I wonder how he is going to cope without *your* incitefull
contributions 'Bev'?


You rarely respond to me.


Oh, sorry. ;-( Maybe that's because you are just a sick and twisted
troll?

Perhaps others should follow my lead?


No, don't do that, I wouldn't have anyone to **** on and laugh at! ;-(

Oh, please respect all the others here by marking your personal issues
as off topic.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know your little post probably says more about you than you
intended, 'Bev @invalid.com'. ;-(


I'm sure her B12 levels are higher than yours.

Brilliant. I've recently had a blood test and it came back as 'normal'
(and I specifically asked for B12 etc tests because we were vegan) and
you already share Bevs medical records to know that it's levels are
ok? You are even assuming your B12 levels are good simply because you
eat meat, when 40% of the population (who will be mainly meat eaters)
are B12 deficient! But then we already know you are thick. ;-(

So, I'm (still) working from fact and you are still away with the
fairies!

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If you are really upset that I don't generally reply to you, how
about stopping making up BS as all the sensible people here can see
straight though it and just talk normally for a change ... if you can
that is?

https://ibb.co/HzVPM23

  #5   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 24/04/2021 21:33, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 20:29:51 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 20:19, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:35:24 -0000 (UTC), Bev wrote:

...that T i m knows everything,

Nope, even he has never suggested anything along those lines? Is he
intimidating you because you are so thick?


What a faceplant.


Another one mirroring now ... brilliant. They (the trolls) wouldn't
have a unique idea amongst them (assuming it's not all the same
troll).


It wasn't intended a a mirror, more the choice of words I knew there was
a fighting chance you might just understand.

Can't you see sarcasm when it hits you in the face?


O M G. You *really* are thick aren't you! (and yet more mirroring).
Now I really do feel sorry for you, not only being so devoid of the
most basic human understanding but stuck down that hole you are still
digging and covered in my ****. Obviously I wouldn't have ****ed on
you if you were on fire ...


All that guff but no denial.
is always correct in what he says

And again, other than if he says it there is a fair chance he knows it
to be reasonably correct.


Like trillions of animals slaughtered every year.


Yup. Fact. Suck it up troll.


It's not, as well as you know, unless you include poor amoebas.

and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

Ah, you seem to be confusing that with left brainers throwing their
toys out of the pram when he stands up for himself. Does the fact that
he has his own POV upset you then?


More abuse to save a lost argument.


Aww, princess, is that still all you've got. ;-(


I don't need anything else when you attempt to end a losing argument
through abuse.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

Oh no! I wonder how he is going to cope without *your* incitefull
contributions 'Bev'?


You rarely respond to me.


Oh, sorry. ;-( Maybe that's because you are just a sick and twisted
troll?


The sick person is described by the following?

1) You are a fanatic
2) Hypocrite in terms of incarcerating your pets unbecoming of a vegan.
3) Keeping a dog in captivity, admitting you subjecting it to pain
through full bladders and bowels.
4) Likely deficient in B12
5) Being an unworthy example of a vegan
6) Abusing others who disagree with you, questioning their brain
7) In denial you abuse others who disagree with you
8) Not caring for animal welfare, as indicated by the snipping of
petitions and not wanting to improve slaughter procedures.
9) You believe in a deity like father christmas and endorse religious
practises employed in cruel animal slaughter
10) Admit you don't want the conditions during the animal's life to be
improved
11) Subject children to age restricted violence
12) Endorse the cruel force feeding of geese so you can enjoy fois gras
13) Endorse the cruel practice of caging bears for their raw bile
14) Endorse cruel blood sports

Perhaps others should follow my lead?


No, don't do that, I wouldn't have anyone to **** on and laugh at! ;-(


I'm saddened you laugh at animal welfare. You are sick and need help.

Oh, please respect all the others here by marking your personal issues
as off topic.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You know your little post probably says more about you than you
intended, 'Bev @invalid.com'. ;-(


I'm sure her B12 levels are higher than yours.

Brilliant. I've recently had a blood test and it came back as 'normal'
(and I specifically asked for B12 etc tests because we were vegan)


From being economical with the truth when it suits you I simply don't
believe you.

and
you already share Bevs medical records to know that it's levels are
ok? You are even assuming your B12 levels are good simply because you
eat meat, when 40% of the population (who will be mainly meat eaters)
are B12 deficient!


There is a good chance I have good B12 levels. I just had a fix with a
beef casserole. It was gorgeous.

But then we already know you are thick. ;-(


We know differently. It is a narcissistic tendency to believe you have
the right to speak for others.

So, I'm (still) working from fact and you are still away with the
fairies!


It's a fact that more vegans are B12 deficient than meat eaters, however
much you wish this not to be true.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If you are really upset that I don't generally reply to you, how
about stopping making up BS as all the sensible people here can see
straight though it and just talk normally for a change ... if you can
that is?


I am talking normally, when I talk using words you understand you say
I'm mirroring you. When you don't like facts I, and others, publish you
resort to abuse. Those are not traits of a normal person, but of a fanatic.

https://ibb.co/HzVPM23


You are free to have your opinion and your way of life. Why would you
think otherwise?




  #6   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default Can we agree...

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.

T i m has a bad case of 'One True Stick'-ness. The delusion that one
single personal *interpretation* of the world is, in fact, the
world-in-itself, as Kant put it.

It is a condition that many vaguely intelligent people suffer from. It
doesn't afflict the truly thick, because they know they are truly thick
and don't pay their minds as much attention. It doesn't afflict the
truly intelligent, because they realise that their worldview is, in the
end, only a view.

But it afflicts the middle orders and their third rate brains alarmingly...

Hence Marxism, Socialism, Veganism, Environmentalism, Wokeism, Religious
fundamentalism...


--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."
- George Orwell
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 460
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 07:27, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.


Mine too.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can we agree...

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

I like Tim ...
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 07:27:37 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.


Because you have been a coward for ages, preferring to throw stones
over the wall than face me directly. I can't blame you though, given
you generally have **** all else.

T i m has a bad case of 'One True Stick'-ness. The delusion that one
single personal *interpretation* of the world is, in fact, the
world-in-itself, as Kant put it.


That might be the case if it were true, but as with most things you
state about me (because you are too petrified to sat 'to' me), it's
complete bollox.

If we are on the subject of veganism, I am only one and was far from
the first who knows our treatment of a subset of species is not only
(very) bad for them (especially considering it's also completely
unnecessary in most cases) but bad for us as well, as conformed by all
the medial bodies, all the environmental bodies and all the animal
rights bodies.

So the irony here it is you who are different, countering the common
thought and direction, but such is the way for basement dwelling
trolls desperate to protect their selfish way of life.

It is a condition that many vaguely intelligent people suffer from. It
doesn't afflict the truly thick, because they know they are truly thick
and don't pay their minds as much attention. It doesn't afflict the
truly intelligent, because they realise that their worldview is, in the
end, only a view.


Bwhahahahaha!! OMG, if there was ever a statement of Turnip putting
himself on some pedestal, that was it!

But it afflicts the middle orders and their third rate brains alarmingly...


Aw bless ... and that's the best he's got unfortunately. ;-(

Hence Marxism, Socialism,


Strawmen.

Veganism,


Consideration for the animals we share this rock with and we are
dependent on in many cases (for our existence, not even to consume /
exploit).

Environmentalism,


Consideration for the rock we all have to share and breath the air on
and drink the water from and are dependant on for our existence.

Wokeism, Religious
fundamentalism...


Strawmen.

Cheers, T i m
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,704
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 10:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

I like Tim ...


I expect even Bedlam got boring after a time...

--
Max Demian


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 09:42:58 +0100, Another Dave
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 07:27, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.


Mine too.

Awww bless, 'cowardly killfile friends' ... ;-)

It's amazing how deep people will bury their heads in the sand to
avoid *the truth* (not just my truth).

But hey, the world is already a-changing and like it on not, everyone
will have to change their lifestyles sooner or later, even if they
want to carry on causing unnecessary death and suffering to innocent
creatures.

Cheers, T i m

  #12   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:19:01 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 10:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

I like Tim ...


I expect even Bedlam got boring after a time...


You expect or know?


Cheers, T i m
  #13   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 13:58, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 09:42:58 +0100, Another Dave
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 07:27, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.


Mine too.

Awww bless, 'cowardly killfile friends' ... ;-)

It's amazing how deep people will bury their heads in the sand to
avoid *the truth* (not just my truth).

But hey, the world is already a-changing and like it on not, everyone
will have to change their lifestyles sooner or later, even if they
want to carry on causing unnecessary death and suffering to innocent
creatures.

Cheers, T i m


Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?

Could it be that more noise emanates from you consisting of mindless
waffle and abuse than anything of substance or assistance to this group.


  #14   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 11:36, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 07:27:37 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

Been on my filter for ages.


Because you have been a coward for ages, preferring to throw stones
over the wall than face me directly. I can't blame you though, given
you generally have **** all else.


That's a bit rich coming from you. You can never justify many aspects of
the twaddle you spout and throw abuse every time you've lost your argument.

T i m has a bad case of 'One True Stick'-ness. The delusion that one
single personal *interpretation* of the world is, in fact, the
world-in-itself, as Kant put it.


That might be the case if it were true, but as with most things you
state about me (because you are too petrified to sat 'to' me), it's
complete bollox.

If we are on the subject of veganism, I am only one and was far from
the first who knows our treatment of a subset of species is not only
(very) bad for them (especially considering it's also completely
unnecessary in most cases) but bad for us as well, as conformed by all
the medial bodies, all the environmental bodies and all the animal
rights bodies.


Really "conformed by all the medial bodies"?

As an aside, dieticians are quick to point out the deficiencies of a
vegan diet.

So the irony here it is you who are different, countering the common
thought and direction, but such is the way for basement dwelling
trolls desperate to protect their selfish way of life.


Another sign you've lost the plot resorting to abuse, not the sort of
thing you'd say to NP's face.

It is a condition that many vaguely intelligent people suffer from. It
doesn't afflict the truly thick, because they know they are truly thick
and don't pay their minds as much attention. It doesn't afflict the
truly intelligent, because they realise that their worldview is, in the
end, only a view.


Bwhahahahaha!! OMG, if there was ever a statement of Turnip putting
himself on some pedestal, that was it!


Is that agreement that you're too thick to realise you're thick?

But it afflicts the middle orders and their third rate brains alarmingly...


Aw bless ... and that's the best he's got unfortunately. ;-(


The truth hurts.

Hence Marxism, Socialism,


Strawmen.

Veganism,


Consideration for the animals we share this rock with and we are
dependent on in many cases (for our existence, not even to consume /
exploit).


If you had consideration for animals you would care about their welfare
while they're alive, and not show an insane jealousy of us eating them
when they no longer have a care in the world.

Environmentalism,


Consideration for the rock we all have to share and breath the air on
and drink the water from and are dependant on for our existence.

Wokeism, Religious
fundamentalism...


Strawmen.


Hardly when you are the very definition of fanaticism.
  #15   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 14:07, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:19:01 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 10:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

I like Tim ...


I expect even Bedlam got boring after a time...


You expect or know?


Are you illiterate? The poster said "expect". Is that really so
difficult for you to accept?


  #16   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,704
Default Can we agree...

On 25/04/2021 14:07, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:19:01 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 10:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his
pre-
conceived ideas.

I like Tim ...


I expect even Bedlam got boring after a time...


You expect or know?


I'm thinking of the audience.

--
Max Demian
  #17   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43,017
Default Can we agree...

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?

--
*Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #18   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default Can we agree...



"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
...
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their
killfile?


Same reason little kids close their eyes, put their fingers
in their ears and chant "nyah, nyah, cant hear ya"

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


Or act like little kids, more likely.

  #19   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:59:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


;-)

It seems the old plonk seems to have gone out of fashion as well,
maybe because people doing it were then called 'plonkers', like people
who toss litter are now being called '*******'. ;-)

https://ibb.co/MgTG4T2

Cheers, T i m
  #20   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,904
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:06:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:59:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


;-)

It seems the old plonk seems to have gone out of fashion as well,
maybe because people doing it were then called 'plonkers', like people
who toss litter are now being called '*******'. ;-)

https://ibb.co/MgTG4T2


And taking the dog for a walk in the park is called ...

Was it you who blocked me a long time ago? If it was, I won't expect
to see an answer obviously :-)


  #21   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 20:19:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread


--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID:
  #22   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Can we agree...

On 26/04/2021 10:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


And the same sort of person who tells us that he is going to
deface his polling slip, to "make a statement".
Why not just do so, and not tell us ?.
  #23   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25,191
Default Can we agree...

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.



--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/
  #24   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:09:42 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 26/04/2021 10:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?


I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


And the same sort of person who tells us that he is going to
deface his polling slip, to "make a statement".


What about those doing that asking questions that may change that,
'troll'?

Why not just do so, and not tell us ?.


Because it was a question in a discussion group ... and just to prove
you aren't just a biased harasser, I'm hoping you are going to also
harass those here you just use it as their blog, don't use OT or just
harass people ... oh ...

Cheers, T i m

  #25   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:01:39 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:06:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:59:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?

I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?


;-)

It seems the old plonk seems to have gone out of fashion as well,
maybe because people doing it were then called 'plonkers', like people
who toss litter are now being called '*******'. ;-)

https://ibb.co/MgTG4T2


And taking the dog for a walk in the park is called ...


Erm, no, let me think ... the direct answer would be 'Dog walking' but
did you expect 'Dogging'? ;-)

Was it you who blocked me a long time ago?


I've never blocked anyone ever Scott so no?

If it was, I won't expect
to see an answer obviously :-)


There are a few on here I can happily ignore, not reply to, even if I
read what they type, especially those who seem to have their own
problems, blow hot and cold etc.

Cheers, T i m



  #26   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:48:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.


A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of contributions
has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the
victimisation?

Cheers, T i m
  #27   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,904
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:03:43 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:01:39 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:06:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:59:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?

I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?

;-)

It seems the old plonk seems to have gone out of fashion as well,
maybe because people doing it were then called 'plonkers', like people
who toss litter are now being called '*******'. ;-)

https://ibb.co/MgTG4T2


And taking the dog for a walk in the park is called ...


Erm, no, let me think ... the direct answer would be 'Dog walking' but
did you expect 'Dogging'? ;-)


Yes, a weak joke unfortunately.

Was it you who blocked me a long time ago?


I've never blocked anyone ever Scott so no?

If it was, I won't expect
to see an answer obviously :-)


There are a few on here I can happily ignore, not reply to, even if I
read what they type, especially those who seem to have their own
problems, blow hot and cold etc.

Cheers, T i m

  #28   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:19:50 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:03:43 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:01:39 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:06:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:59:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you ever thought why you might be in their killfile?

I must admit to wondering why anyone would inform all about their killfile?

My guess is they have a rather over inflated view of their own importance?

;-)

It seems the old plonk seems to have gone out of fashion as well,
maybe because people doing it were then called 'plonkers', like people
who toss litter are now being called '*******'. ;-)

https://ibb.co/MgTG4T2

And taking the dog for a walk in the park is called ...


Erm, no, let me think ... the direct answer would be 'Dog walking' but
did you expect 'Dogging'? ;-)


Yes, a weak joke unfortunately.


Hey, it was worth a go and much better than most of the cr*p the
trolls come out with. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. On the '*******' litter sign thing, I've since seen another which
seems to have tried to copy the St Albans one but without the
explanation. eg, It says:

'Don't be a tosser, take your litter home with you ... '

not:

'Why are you tossing your litter here, don't be a tosser ...' etc.
  #29   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 26/04/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:48:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.


A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of contributions
has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the
victimisation?


Safe to say, less than your contribution, but not by much of a margin.
  #30   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25,191
Default Can we agree...

On 26/04/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:48:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.


On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.


A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of contributions
has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the
victimisation?


Note sure if that is the bigger question, or just a case of shooting the
messenger?

There are plenty that lurk here and post infrequently, if at all. That
does not mean they are going to relish a relentless barrage of
proselytising any more than the rest of us. Be that a former poster's
incessant messages on "cultural enrichment", or a blow by blow posting
commentary from Mr speeds' vegetable peeler paramour!


--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/


  #31   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,938
Default Can we agree...

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 26/04/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:48:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with his pre-
conceived ideas.

On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.

A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of
contributions
has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the
victimisation?


Note sure if that is the bigger question, or just a case of shooting
the messenger?

There are plenty that lurk here and post infrequently, if at all. That
does not mean they are going to relish a relentless barrage of
proselytising any more than the rest of us. Be that a former poster's
incessant messages on "cultural enrichment", or a blow by blow posting
commentary from Mr speeds' vegetable peeler paramour!


There are lots of online tests for locating one's place on the Autistic
spectrum. Aspergers syndrome may be more relevant for those at the
intelligent end.

My results don't lead to a *seek help urgently* recommendation but
certainly not *middle of the road* normal:-)



--
Tim Lamb
  #32   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default Can we agree...


On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.



--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/


Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup. Speaking of whom we do not seem to have heard anything from him for quite a while.

Richard
  #33   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,061
Default Can we agree...

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:

On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.



--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/


Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.
Speaking of whom we do not seem to have heard anything from him for quite
a while.


Richard


don't tempt fate

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
"I'd rather die of exhaustion than die of boredom" Thomas Carlyle
  #34   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default Can we agree...



"charles" wrote in message
...
In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:

On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.


Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.
Speaking of whom we do not seem to have heard anything from him for quite
a while.


don't tempt fate


Unlikely he is lurking waiting for someone to mention him, stupid.

  #35   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Can we agree...

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 01:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

snip

Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.


How so? Harry used to go on about things that advantaged him, what
(direct) advantage is it to me if I ask people to consider aligning
their actions with their morals (unless your morals dictate that you
think it's ok to do anything you like to any animal)?

Everything I've stated is supported by both millions of other people
and all the science so what's your issue, other than your own
ignorance or selfishness of course?

Cheers, T i m


  #36   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:39:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread
  #37   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Can we agree...

On 27/04/2021 09:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 26/04/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:48:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 24/04/2021 18:35, Bev wrote:
...that T i m knows everything, is always correct in what he says and
that no amount of help and information will ever persuade him
otherwise.

That way we can all save time and effort in responding to his requests
for information when he ignores it anyway as it does not fit with
his pre-
conceived ideas.

On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully
"on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion
on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with
his skills and experience.
*A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of contributions
has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the
victimisation?


Note sure if that is the bigger question, or just a case of shooting
the messenger?

There are plenty that lurk here and post infrequently, if at all. That
does not mean they are going to relish a relentless barrage of
proselytising any more than the rest of us. Be that a former poster's
incessant messages on "cultural enrichment", or a blow by blow posting
commentary from Mr speeds' vegetable peeler paramour!


There are lots of online tests for locating one's place on the Autistic
spectrum. Aspergers syndrome may be more relevant for those at the
intelligent end.


For those at the intelligent end they can learn empathy, effect and
result. A fanatic by definition is not going to be at the 'intelligent end'.

My results don't lead to a *seek help urgently* recommendation but
certainly not *middle of the road* normal:-)


I would put it in the 'recommended' area if only to show their campaign
is counterproductive.
  #38   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default Can we agree...

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 10:55:32 AM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 01:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

snip
Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.

How so? Harry used to go on about things that advantaged him, what
(direct) advantage is it to me if I ask people to consider aligning
their actions with their morals (unless your morals dictate that you
think it's ok to do anything you like to any animal)?

Everything I've stated is supported by both millions of other people
and all the science so what's your issue, other than your own
ignorance or selfishness of course?

Cheers, T i m


Oh dear, oh dear! There was I thinking I had posted a semi-supportive comment, quoting the final paragraph of Johns post, using the word regrettably and now I am ignorant or selfish simply for pointing out how you have become the target of much of the vitriol that Harry was subject to.

A not very cheerful
Richard
  #39   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,204
Default Can we agree...

On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 10:55:32 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 01:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

snip
Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup.

How so? Harry used to go on about things that advantaged him, what
(direct) advantage is it to me if I ask people to consider aligning
their actions with their morals (unless your morals dictate that you
think it's ok to do anything you like to any animal)?


You've been supporting the idea of staying in the EU which supports the transporation of
animals for slaugter between countries and overseas.
Activly and encourage subsidising meat eating and producing dairy products to sell cheap to other counties
that could produce their own.
They support bull fighting, force feeding for foie gra and fishing industry.
Also in germany seems ok to have nearly 10X the number of coal powerstations than the UK has.


Everything I've stated is supported by both millions of other people


You mean the 74 million Trump supporters that's more than the number of UK voters
that voted to leave and join the EU and yet you think the 25K odd spoilt papers are the key
inteligent people without even know how or why the spoilt their papers.
We know some placed marks outside the box some voted for more than one option.
But seem to think these peolpe are the most inteligent and want change.

and all the science so what's your issue, other than your own
ignorance or selfishness of course?


Well, surley science is logic, maths , fact and reason and that is what left brainers do,
where as right brainers use is for arts , imagination, feelings and rhythum etc...

So maybe it's time for yuo to try to use the other part of your brain the left side if it exists and functions
normally that is, unless you only have a right brain user as you appear to claim.


Cheers, T i m

  #40   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Can we agree...

On 26/04/2021 15:00, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:09:42 +0100, Andrew


Because it was a question in a discussion group ... and just to prove
you aren't just a biased harasser, I'm hoping you are going to also
harass those here you just use it as their blog, don't use OT or just
harass people ... oh ...

Cheers, T i m


Bit rich coming from the person who canstantly harasses people
with fake videos of animal 'welfare issues'
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama, lawmakers agree on "cash-for-clunkers" bill Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 8 May 7th 09 04:19 AM
Plaintiff and Rent-A-Center Agree to Settle New Jersey Class Action Law Suit perezsettlement Home Ownership 0 May 11th 07 04:10 PM
Do you agree that this is an alternative for a septic system? [email protected] Home Repair 15 February 16th 07 11:57 PM
OK, I agree [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 22nd 05 12:29 AM
Did we ever agree if an RCD for the whole installation was allowed? Kalico UK diy 16 November 6th 04 12:37 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"