Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you agree that this is an alternative for a septic system?

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Feb 2007 14:23:33 -0800, wrote:

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Probably not in Manhattan, no. Possibly in other places.
Banks might be a bigger problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in news:1171578213.161955.57440
@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Anything that says amazing, miracle, As Seen on TV, or endorsed by some
has-been star I steer away from.

Anything available from the BBB, Consumer Reports, etc.?

And at those prices, I'd need a brick & mortar place to bring it to and
dump on their counter for a refund if it didn't work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home,

Why do you care what we think? Call the local authorities and ask.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 7:19�pm, "David Martel" wrote:
Home,

* *Why do you care what we think? Call the local authorities and ask.

Dave M.

Septics allso handle sewer water shower drains etc from entire home,
WAY more than just toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 15, 4:23 pm, wrote:
http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

If you limit it's use to once a week and don't bathe, wash clothes,
wash dishes, etc. it MIGHT work for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

be accepted anywhere a conventional toilet would normally be wrote in message

ups.com...

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Related to some of the posts...

Will a composting toilet handle all water?
No, it can only handle black water (ie toilet waste water). You still
need to deal with grey water.

Envirolet has been sold and used worldwide since 1977. Read some
testimonials he
http://enviroletbuzz.com/archives/testimonials/

Warranty info he
http://www.envirolet.com/enviroletcare.html

Usually not an issue with local authorities. Here are certifications:
http://www.envirolet.com/stanreq.html

Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
says...
http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Only if the toilet is the only fixture in the building, e.g. a cabin
without indoor plumbing. Otherwise, you still need something to treat
other potentially-hazardous sewage from sinks, showers, laundry, etc.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

I can hear them laughing from here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 6:48 pm, "Scott" wrote:
On Feb 15, 8:02 pm, "Toller" wrote:

Composting toilets have been around for years. I seriously doubt they would
be accepted anywhere a conventional toilet would normally be wrote in message

oups.com...

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Related to some of the posts...

Will a composting toilet handle all water?
No, it can only handle black water (ie toilet waste water). You still
need to deal with grey water.

Envirolet has been sold and used worldwide since 1977. Read some
testimonials hehttp://enviroletbuzz.com/archives/testimonials/

Warranty info hehttp://www.envirolet.com/enviroletcare.html

Usually not an issue with local authorities. Here are certifications:http://www.envirolet.com/stanreq.html

Scott

Thanks for those postings, Scott. Some of these outhouses are cute.

In other words, as that toilet does not handle grey water, I need a
septic tank after all? What if I dispose of my grey water in the
toilet? Let say, after I did the dishes, I pour the grey water in the
toilet.

What is the cheapest way to get a septic tank or if there is an
alternative, this alternative.

I am new at this, so have mercy with any silly questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 16, 1:30 am, wrote:
On Feb 15, 6:48 pm, "Scott" wrote:

On Feb 15, 8:02 pm, "Toller" wrote:

[...]

Google "aerobic sewage treatment".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Andy writes:

Here is a cheaper alternative.

1) Get a 5 gallon plastic paint can and stretch a Walmart plastic
bag around the top. They fit really well
2) Lay a toilet seat on top of the rim
3) Crap
4) Twist the Walmart bag around and tie a knot in it. Store
it outside in a hefty bag inside an animal proof can.

5) After a week or so, twist the Hefty bag and throw it in
a dumpster, or garbage can, just before the garbage
pickup if possible...

Now you have solved your poop problem without having to
pay for a septic system or use any running water.

Hint: Do not pee in the Walmart bag. Us a plastic jug
which you can put around your shrubbery. If you
ignore this hint, you will be sorry.

This is a bit more trouble than taking a dump and pushing
a lever, but it works anywhere -- in truck campers, the woods,
cabins, and when you are waiting for a plumber to come to
your house......

If you are a city feller who has never crapped in the woods,
this will seem "strange" and "dirty".... It is , the first couple
times till you learn to lean back against a tree and not step
in it.......

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Feb 2007 22:30:04 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 15, 6:48 pm, "Scott" wrote:
On Feb 15, 8:02 pm, "Toller" wrote:

Composting toilets have been around for years. I seriously doubt they would
be accepted anywhere a conventional toilet would normally be wrote in message

oups.com...

http://www.envirolet.com/

In other words, as that toilet does not handle grey water, I need a
septic tank after all? What if I dispose of my grey water in the
toilet? Let say, after I did the dishes, I pour the grey water in the
toilet.

You will fil the toilet. and it won't work properly.

What is the cheapest way to get a septic tank or if there is an
alternative, this alternative.

I am new at this, so have mercy with any silly questions.

Nobody here can give you any help, until you let us
know where you are, and what rules you're subject to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 16, 1:30 am, wrote:
On Feb 15, 6:48 pm, "Scott" wrote:

On Feb 15, 8:02 pm, "Toller" wrote:

[...]

Yes, a composting toilet system will not handle the grey water. So
you need either a septic, holding tank or grey water system for that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

your property will need perc tested, septic must be far from well,
lots of rules and regulations figure on spending 10 grand and up,
although it depends on where you live.

any chance your area will be getting sewer service in the future?

Alternative septic system information needed [email protected] Home Repair 0 July 8th 06 10:43 PM
Alternative Septic System Solutions BettyM Home Repair 7 October 25th 05 07:48 PM
Septic System Help Joe Home Repair 8 October 19th 05 03:23 PM
septic system gg Home Repair 1 June 20th 05 11:04 PM
Alternative Septic Systems [email protected] Home Repair 4 January 17th 05 10:54 PM