Posted to alt.home.repair
cavedweller cavedweller is offline

Default Do you agree that this is an alternative for a septic system?

On Feb 16, 1:30 am, wrote:
On Feb 15, 6:48 pm, "Scott" wrote:

On Feb 15, 8:02 pm, "Toller" wrote:

Composting toilets have been around for years. I seriously doubt they would
be accepted anywhere a conventional toilet would normally be wrote in message

oups.com...

http://www.envirolet.com/

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a
full blown septic tank?

Related to some of the posts...

Will a composting toilet handle all water?
No, it can only handle black water (ie toilet waste water). You still
need to deal with grey water.

Envirolet has been sold and used worldwide since 1977. Read some
testimonials hehttp://enviroletbuzz.com/archives/testimonials/

Warranty info hehttp://www.envirolet.com/enviroletcare.html

Usually not an issue with local authorities. Here are certifications:http://www.envirolet.com/stanreq.html

Scott

Thanks for those postings, Scott. Some of these outhouses are cute.

In other words, as that toilet does not handle grey water, I need a
septic tank after all? What if I dispose of my grey water in the
toilet? Let say, after I did the dishes, I pour the grey water in the
toilet.

What is the cheapest way to get a septic tank or if there is an
alternative, this alternative.

I am new at this, so have mercy with any silly questions.

Google "aerobic sewage treatment".