Default Alternative Septic Systems

We had a situation in our development where they said nobody here had
room to repair their septic systems if they failed and the only
alternative now was to run public sewers at $43,100 per house. Needless
to say, that was not a very popular plan with the folks who live here
and an alternative was desperately needed. The aerobic on-site
wastewater systems I found out about are NSF certified and already
approved for use by PA DEP. The local regulators acted as if there were
absolutely no other options available to us other than public sewer
until the residents brought this information to their attention (you
would think the local sewage enforcement officer would at least be
aware of this option). The story is summarized on my website (there is
also links to some cool pictures of our inground pool being demolished)
http://home.comcast.net/%7Ephil.detweiler/aerobic.html

willshak

On 1/13/2005 6:40 AM US(ET), took fingers to keys,
and typed the following:

[...]

You've posted this same message 3 times within 20 minutes, and with 3
different header subjects.
You obviously have used the Google groups to dig up and respond to old
archived (read ancient) messages, like:
"Septic system field line problems" - posted in 'alt.home.repair' - Feb.
16, 1997.
"Sand mounds (septic) questions..." - posted in 'alt.home repair' -
Sept. 18, 1998.
"Alternative Septic Systems" - posted in 'misc.rural' - Feb. 18, 2001.

Are you planning to Google every message posted in this and other groups
that have to do with septic systems and tout this energy using, hi-tech,
high priced, closely monitored, and visibly intrusive product?
How is the aerobic system working out for you?

--
Bill

Hi Bill.

I did indeed search out old threads that ~specifically~ dealt with the
subject of alternatives for septic systems to post my message because I
found the information to be quite helpful in our situation; I'm sorry
you did not. Many people read the old threads (that's why they are
there). and the hundreds of hits on my site, and dozens of emails that
I received suggest that there are many others in search of this type of
information as well. I never indicated that I owned one of these
systems nor am I "touting" them, I am just making others aware of
their availability (it is the awareness of their availability in our
case that significantly altered the situation) and my experience as it
relates to the subject. I suspect you have some different views on
these systems, so perhaps you could contribute what you know about the
topic for the good of all those reading the thread.

Phil

You figured it out.