Default Alternative Septic Systems

We had a situation in our development where they said nobody here had
room to repair their septic systems if they failed and the only
alternative now was to run public sewers at $43,100 per house. Needless
to say, that was not a very popular plan with the folks who live here
and an alternative was desperately needed. The aerobic on-site
wastewater systems I found out about are NSF certified and already
approved for use by PA DEP. The local regulators acted as if there were
absolutely no other options available to us other than public sewer
until the residents brought this information to their attention (you
would think the local sewage enforcement officer would at least be
aware of this option). The story is summarized on my website (there is
also links to some cool pictures of our inground pool being demolished)
http://home.comcast.net/%7Ephil.detweiler/aerobic.html