Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Top Quality Bathroom Fittings

Hi all

I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog.
The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range
I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that
the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at
least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is
over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing.

Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for
something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price
providing the longevity is there.

Any suggestions people?

Thanks

Phil

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 16:25, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog.
The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range
I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that
the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at
least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is
over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing.

Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for
something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price
providing the longevity is there.

Any suggestions people?

Thanks

Phil

We buy those Baylis & Harding Antibacterial Handwash bottles from the
supermarket. Get a fresh nozzle each time. Never been a problem and
doesn't look like a public loo.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet Wrote in message:
On 24/12/2020 16:25, thescullster wrote: Hi all I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog. The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing. Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price providing the longevity is there. Any suggestions people? Thanks Phil We buy those Baylis & Harding Antibacterial Handwash bottles from the supermarket. Get a fresh nozzle each time. Never been a problem and doesn't look like a public loo.

Thanks Andy

I tend to aim for the luxury hotel look rather than the public
loo, but you made me laugh just the same.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 16:25, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog.
The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range
I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that
the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at
least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is
over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing.

Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for
something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price
providing the longevity is there.

Any suggestions people?

Thats the sort of thing I generally buy in Homebase, as they do cheap
and reasonably sturdy so if it fails its not a pain in the wallet

https://www.homebase.co.uk/croydex-d...penser_p383060

As the next step up is usually effin expensive oh so modern over styled
by an art student ****e.

e.g.
https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...penser-5515-02

Thanks

Phil

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 17:58:13 +0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

We buy those Baylis & Harding Antibacterial Handwash bottles from the
supermarket. Get a fresh nozzle each time. Never been a problem and
doesn't look like a public loo.

Quite, we use "ordinary" Carex, buy 5l at a time from Costco (last
lot £1.44/l inc VAT, but that was two years ago). Just wash and top
up the 0.5 l all plastic, apart from the spring, pump action bottles
bought from the supermarket. Though I see 500 ml bottles seem a bit
rare these days, 250 ml at around £4.00/l is the common size. Last
ages don't corrode, fall of the wall, etc...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2020 13:00, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 17:58:13 +0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

We buy those Baylis & Harding Antibacterial Handwash bottles from the
supermarket. Get a fresh nozzle each time. Never been a problem and
doesn't look like a public loo.

Quite, we use "ordinary" Carex, buy 5l at a time from Costco (last
lot £1.44/l inc VAT, but that was two years ago). Just wash and top
up the 0.5 l all plastic, apart from the spring, pump action bottles
bought from the supermarket. Though I see 500 ml bottles seem a bit
rare these days, 250 ml at around £4.00/l is the common size. Last
ages don't corrode, fall of the wall, etc...

I get the 5L refills from Amazon, including the bloody great handpump
to transfet to the Carex dispensers, although it doesn't reach the
very bottom of the blue gunge in the 5L container.

But, have you ever tried to rinse out one of the 5L containers for
future use? A never-ending flow of soap suds! :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Dec 2020 at 19:08:19 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
wrote:

On 24/12/2020 16:25, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog.
The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range
I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that
the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at
least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is
over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing.

Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for
something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price
providing the longevity is there.

Any suggestions people?

Thats the sort of thing I generally buy in Homebase, as they do cheap
and reasonably sturdy so if it fails its not a pain in the wallet

https://www.homebase.co.uk/croydex-d...penser_p383060

I've had one of those in the shower for a few years. Knocked it off its holder
once, but glued back together fine, and overall no complaints, and much better
than bars of soap and multiple bottles. Not the last word in solid engineering
or good looks though IMHO

--
Cheers, Rob