Old February 14th 20, 09:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quality Light Fittings

Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an
overhanging extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will
be exposed to the elements.
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is
pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old February 14th 20, 09:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 February 2020 19:42:42 UTC, thescullster wrote:
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

Coughtrie.

Should see you out if properly installed.

Owain

Old February 15th 20, 12:18 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 19:42, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an
overhanging extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will
be exposed to the elements.
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is
pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.

There are lots of plastic units these days that look just like painted
metal ones. How well they last with sunlight I don't know - but what
does that matter in Yorkshire

SteveW
Old February 15th 20, 06:30 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 19:42, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an overhanging
extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will be
exposed to the elements. Is there a supplier out there whose fittings
don't start rusting and falling apart within a couple of years of
installation?

I bought some cheap 'antique lanterns' - they are made from anodised
aluminium (black) with plastic (poly carb)? windows. After 18 years they
are doing OK.

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is
pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.

Thanks

Phil

--
“when things get difficult you just have to lie”

― Jean Claud Jüncker

Old February 15th 20, 12:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker Wrote in message:
On 14/02/2020 19:42, thescullster wrote: Hi all I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly. The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an overhanging extended porch type roof. Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will be exposed to the elements. Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting and falling apart within a couple of years of installation? I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.There are lots of plastic units these days that look just like painted metal ones. How well they last with sunlight I don't know - but what does that matter in Yorkshire SteveW

Thanks SteveW

Made me and the Mrs laugh
Many a true word etc.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 15th 20, 01:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
thescullster wrote:
Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will
be exposed to the elements.
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

I've got some Lidl LED floodlights mounted on an outside wall, so totally
exposed. Still look like new after more than a couple of years.

I'd expect anything from a reputable supplier to be at least as good. Have
a look at what TLC supplies. Their stuff is generally decent quality.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 15th 20, 04:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

By the time it / they are looking shabby you may fancy an update anyway.