Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default on-line shopping and deliveries

Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 14:45, JohnP wrote:
Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

Accepted as a job lot. Assuming you are talking about supermarket
deliveries. They may substitute or omit items due to availability
depending on your choice but the packing list always shows exactly what
is there.

The only exception I have known is for the odd bottle of whisky to
escape from their system with its security tag still attached.

Other goods from Amazon are inside up to two other cardboard boxes with
a host of soft packing materials. Unless the outer packaging is badly
damaged and the contents are fragile I would generally accept as is.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/11/2020 14:45, JohnP wrote:
Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

We check them all and tick them off the list. There's often a damaged
item or two.

Sometimes a whole crate of stuff is missed by the delivery driver. After
the first time we noticed this, we started ticking off all the items.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote in :

On 18/11/2020 14:45, JohnP wrote:
Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

We check them all and tick them off the list. There's often a damaged
item or two.

Sometimes a whole crate of stuff is missed by the delivery driver. After
the first time we noticed this, we started ticking off all the items.

Thanks - only trivial stuff missed but I got the bollocking for not
ordering SWMBO's Fruit Corner Yoghurt. I found I had done - so the
bollocking has shifted toward not checking. However we did get a refund for
6 eggs because one was broken and I showed it to the driver.

So they don't mind you checking in the items against a list? (Sainsburys)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 17:33, JohnP wrote:

So they don't mind you checking in the items against a list? (Sainsburys)

Morrisons have always unquestioningly accepted my reports of shortages
and breakages and have refunded.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:45:05 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

It's been a few years since I used them but I had no problems with
Tesco except the Eastern Euorpoean drivers thought they had to get in
and get out as quickly as possible whereas the English ones had more
patience while I checked things.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 18 November 2020 at 14:45:10 UTC, JohnP wrote:
Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

Neither. Never any slots available! Luckily we are close enough for it to not be an issue but it seemed sensible to ensure we have the option in case of self-isolation or whatever.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Nov 2020 18:40:48 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 18 Nov 2020 at 18:39:01 GMT, williamwright wrote:

On 18/11/2020 17:33, JohnP wrote:

So they don't mind you checking in the items against a list? (Sainsburys)

Morrisons have always unquestioningly accepted my reports of shortages
and breakages and have refunded.

Sainsbury pretty good like that too.

'Sainsbury's' are pretty good ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/11/2020 17:33, JohnP wrote:

So they don't mind you checking in the items against a list? (Sainsburys)

We do the checking after the driver has been.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:45:05 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

Daughter did her first on-line order from Asda the other day,
especially to try their extended vegan lines.

They missed that she has specifically requested the 'No substitutions'
option for obvious reasons (and of course they did substitutions and
with non-vegan versions). When she spotted them as they were delivered
the guy was happy to take them back and she was refunded.

The problem (for the pickers) is it's not obvious why something is or
especially isn't vegan, just because it doesn't contain meat, egg or
milk isn't always enough (as I learned from Adam with the UK brewed
Fosters lager using isinglass (fish swim bladder) in the clearing).

I think she mentioned there is a 'vegan only' filter that would
(should) only display the vegan offerings but that could only work
properly if they have categorised it all properly (like included all
the fruit and veg etc).

And it's not just foodstuffs of course, 'Not tested on animals' with
cosmetics and other products and anything made from leather with
gelatin.

https://ibb.co/GTJZT8W

She had had little issue with the likes of Pizza deliveries but the
other day checked over a flyer from a 'Chicken shop' she was about to
throw in the recycling and noticed they were doing some vegan stuff.
Wanting to both give them a try and support their new range she
ordered a couple of mains and some deserts.

It took 90 minutes to arrive so the hot food was cold and what should
have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or a chicken
substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'. The sweet was very
nice though. She sent them a polite email both pointing out the
expectation issue re the 'nuggets' and complained about the delivery
delay ... and the next day got a phone call from the manager of the
shop, very apologetic, asking if she would give them another chance
and explaining they were completely overrun because of the demand for
the vegan meals! He offered her a full refund or if she would give
them another chance, the order would be on them. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most check it while the driver is there, if they are sensible, at any rate!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 21:49, T i m wrote:

It took 90 minutes to arrive

and explaining they were completely overrun because of the demand for
the vegan meals!

Something smells like bull **** - probably the vegetable chicken nuggets
cooked in the same oil as the real chicken!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2020 21:49, T i m wrote:

Daughter did her first on-line order from Asda the other day,

They missed that she has specifically requested the 'No substitutions'

The problem (for the pickers) is it's not obvious why something is or
especially isn't vegan,

And it's not just foodstuffs of course, 'Not tested on animals' with
cosmetics and other products and anything made from leather with
gelatin.

She checked over a flyer from a 'Chicken shop' and noticed they
were doing some vegan stuff,

It took 90 minutes to arrive. the hot food was cold, 'vegan chicken nuggets
were actually 'vegetable nuggets'.

Didn't the Chicken Shop, or Asda, provide you with a 10,000 page
guarantee of what the future for your deliveries were going to be like?
After all, you demanded much the same for Brexit and switching energy
suppliers, I thought this was routine for you.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice, the non-vegan are better.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:11:13 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 18/11/2020 21:49, T i m wrote:

It took 90 minutes to arrive

and explaining they were completely overrun because of the demand for
the vegan meals!

Something smells like bull **** -

Potentially only the reason part but people *are* into reducing the
suffering of animals and hence why there is so much movement and
support of veganism these days.

Similar, when she was in a supermarket she overheard a lad, picking
stuff for his Mum, commented on 'why is there so much vegan stuff here
...?', thinking that everyone couldn't eat a vegan burger bun (as
that's what she saw him then pick up and then also got herself).

probably the vegetable chicken nuggets
cooked in the same oil as the real chicken!

And?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 10:08:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

the non-vegan are better.

I guess it all depends what you are expecting?

When we first started buying Sainsbury's 'white label' instead of
Heinz baked beans (because they were vastly cheaper and we wanted to
experiment with price / taste / function) we noticed they were
different. The haricot beans were still haricot beans of course, it's
just there were slightly fewer beans in the white label and more sauce
and they did taste slightly different. Checking the ingredients of
both, the white label contained less sugar and salt so that meant they
were also better for us. It wasn't long before the taste of the white
label beans became the norm.

So if you are interested in considering change, be it to support Fair
Trade, vegan, better value or healthier options, there may be a change
in format or taste but all you are doing (in most cases) is just
undoing what you have *learned* to consider 'normal' and replacing it
with a new 'normal'. ;-)

Like this:

https://ibb.co/J7QCP2n

https://ibb.co/C6QQf1n

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 10:12, T i m wrote:

When she was in a supermarket she overheard a lad, picking
stuff for his Mum, commented on 'why is there so much vegan stuff here
...?'

Virtue signalling.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

Fungi are alive too! Their fruiting bodies don't want to be eaten.

Many have spectacularly effective toxins in to discourage browsers.
Some of the most toxic taste really good which can be misleading.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 11:20:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically

Quorn
or a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

Just happend to grab a Sainsbury's delivery slot this morning(*). Of
the 47 Quorn products they have available just 8 are vegan.

... and the vegan ones aren't particulary nice,

We just don't see animals as food or a product to be exploited.

Niether do I, haven't eaten dead animal for 27 years, but if it came
down to me or a chicken in the yard, sorry chicken you're on my plate
by my direct actions. I know I can kill 'cause I've done it, either
to put an injured creature from mouse to adult rabbit out of it's
misery having lost an agrument with cat or car. Or and probably more
relevant as there is was element of being "humane", literally
squashed the living breath out of a juvenile rat with a jar at the
back of a kitchen cupboard.

When we first started buying Sainsbury's 'white label' instead of
Heinz baked beans (because they were vastly cheaper and we wanted to
experiment with price / taste / function) we noticed they were
different.

Well that's hardly surprising Heinz are well known for loading their
beans with sugar. There is a difference betwwen "different" and "not
nice".

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Nov 2020 at 12:38:50 GMT, "Spike" wrote:

On 19/11/2020 10:12, T i m wrote:

When she was in a supermarket she overheard a lad, picking
stuff for his Mum, commented on 'why is there so much vegan stuff here
...?'

Virtue signalling.

There may be much virtue signalling in the world, but supermarkets do not
waste an inch of shelf space on something that is not generating enough
profit. So either vegan food has more profit margin or is growing in sales
volume. TV advertising (or even in-store advertising) is one thing, but shelf
space is another.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:31:29 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

Just happend to grab a Sainsbury's delivery slot this morning(*).

Bugger forgot to add the footnote:

(*) Only do a mental "is everything there, that is expected to be
there" check whilst removing the (unbagged) goods from crate(s). I'd
probably tick off against a printed list if the list produced by the
supermarket used sensible names and was alpha sorted and well spaced.

Guess one could always get a barcode scanner and scan stuff as you
take it out of the crate and have something tick it off for you.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

Talking about heads being cut off, have you heard about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken ?

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer? They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Nov 2020 13:33:54 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip pointless troll **** (is he still here and if so, who is he
talking to)?

There may be much virtue signalling in the world, but supermarkets do not
waste an inch of shelf space on something that is not generating enough
profit.

Quite.

So either vegan food has more profit margin

I wouldn't have thought so, not yet.

or is growing in sales
volume.

More likely.

TV advertising (or even in-store advertising) is one thing, but shelf
space is another.

Quite ... and given the likes of Asda have now dedicated whole isles
to their vegan products [1] ... would confirm it's on the rise.

And the take-away places of course:
https://www.papajohns.co.uk/stores/newmarket/vegan.aspx

And why wouldn't it be, the more people realise their lifestyle
choices have an impact on billions of innocent creatures and they can
*easily* do something about it themselves, many of them are doing just
that, further supporting the whole process. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Partly I believe because they are now organising all the vegan
stuff in one place. Good for those of us who have already seen though
all the indoctrination and marketing and do care about animals and
their suffering (and we don't have to sort though all the dead bodies
to find clean food) but not so good for the animals as some might find
it easier to avoid vegan stuff, like Spike, as he actively seeks out
foods that causes the *most* animal suffering (it's what happens when
you are normalized to animal cruelty as a child, it turns you into a
psycho). ;-(

You can see it now on the News sometime in the future ... "He was a
pretty quiet guy, mostly kept himself to himself and I would never
have thought he could be torturing all those animals in his basement
just for fun ..." ;-(

https://ibb.co/cNNjXVK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

Fungi are alive too!

Alive but not sentient.

Their fruiting bodies don't want to be eaten.

Luckily they don't feel pain ... that would be a sad trick to play on
something eh, make them feel pain but not give them the means to move
away from it.

Many have spectacularly effective toxins in to discourage browsers.

Oh yes, there are some real clever things going on in nature.

Some of the most toxic taste really good which can be misleading.

I'll take your word for that. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:31:29 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"

snip

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

Just happend to grab a Sainsbury's delivery slot this morning(*). Of
the 47 Quorn products they have available just 8 are vegan.

8 is many, even out of 47. ;-)

... and the vegan ones aren't particulary nice,

We just don't see animals as food or a product to be exploited.

Niether do I, haven't eaten dead animal for 27 years, but if it came
down to me or a chicken in the yard, sorry chicken you're on my plate
by my direct actions.

I'm not sure I would ... what happens when that's the last one?

Are you a vegi or a vegan Dave as 'we' (our little family group)
think dairy (and eggs to a lesser degree) is worse than beef in many
ways ...

https://ibb.co/L81YXHm

I know I can kill 'cause I've done it, either
to put an injured creature from mouse to adult rabbit out of it's
misery having lost an agrument with cat or car.

Yup, I think most people would understand (and support) killing an
animal under such circumstances, it *is* showing kindness and
compassion. But I doubt many would accept the vet clubbing their pet
cat or dog to death (that has a terminal illness etc) with a wheel
brace as 'humane' (or gassing or electrically stunning first) compared
with a lethal injection.

Or and probably more
relevant as there is was element of being "humane", literally
squashed the living breath out of a juvenile rat with a jar at the
back of a kitchen cupboard.

Well, I question the concept of any 'killing' being humane but if
there is no other solution that doesn't involve death then I guess
humane is better then inhumane.

When we first started buying Sainsbury's 'white label' instead of
Heinz baked beans (because they were vastly cheaper and we wanted to
experiment with price / taste / function) we noticed they were
different.

Well that's hardly surprising Heinz are well known for loading their
beans with sugar. There is a difference betwwen "different" and "not
nice".

Sure.

The only thing I've tried cooking and not fished eating was some
'scrambled egg' on toast. The toast was a home made loaf (kit) that
came out very heavy and the 'egg' was a very hard Tofu that I'd over
salted (black salt that gives the sulphur taste of egg). I've made it
once before and on a lighter toast and a 'silky hard' Tofu and it was
ok. The Mrs finished hers though *and* said she's have it again?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:40:56 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

snip

Guess one could always get a barcode scanner and scan stuff as you
take it out of the crate and have something tick it off for you.

I have a barcode scanner here and have used it to do a lookup of
previously stored data (via a program of some sort) and populate a
text file. I wouldn't take much (for a programmer) to use such to
generate a file and compare that against your list?

OCR the list in ... ? ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:11:18 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer? They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

https://ibb.co/JmYzpVz

An actual solution that exists out there right now for a vast majority
of the worlds population is to simply leave the animals the fcuk
alone, doing them, us and the planet a favour at the same time?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 19:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:11:18 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer? They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

A headless chicken is no more likely to suffer than a vegetable.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:04:29 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 19/11/2020 19:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:11:18 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer? They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

A headless chicken is no more likely to suffer than a vegetable.

Other than whilst gaining the status of 'headless' in the first place
of course.

Interesting to see you are another one who thinks there is such a
thing as 'humane slaughter' and worse that a failed attempt at such
could be considered anything other than a bad and sick thing.

https://ibb.co/cNNjXVK

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 17:52, T i m wrote:
Luckily they don't feel pain ... that would be a sad trick to play on
something eh, make them feel pain but not give them the means to move
away from it.

Like having a colonoscopy then.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 23:39, T i m wrote:

Interesting to see you are another one who thinks there is such a
thing as 'humane slaughter' and worse that a failed attempt at such
could be considered anything other than a bad and sick thing.

Tim, could you please tell us what you think about Halal slaughter?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2020 19:16, T i m wrote:

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

An actual solution that exists out there right now for a vast majority
of the worlds population is to simply leave the animals the fcuk
alone, doing them, us and the planet a favour at the same time?

What an interesting idea.

Of course, in the name of "..simply leave the animals the fcuk alone..."
pet owners would have to open their doors and kick out their dogs, cats,
parrots, snakes, etc etc, to fend for themselves. Animal hospitals would
be emptied, as well as donkey sanctuaries, homes of rest for horses,
prickly ball farms, pet shelters and the rest. After all, we wouldn't
have "...the moral right, moral agency to keep animals in the first
place...".

Imagine donkeys giving birth on the streets while being savaged by feral
dogs, while people walked past on the other side, all in the name of
'simply leaving the animals the fcuk alone'. What a utopia...

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 05:19:44 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 19/11/2020 23:39, T i m wrote:

Interesting to see you are another one who thinks there is such a
thing as 'humane slaughter' and worse that a failed attempt at such
could be considered anything other than a bad and sick thing.

Tim, could you please tell us what you think about Halal slaughter?

Bored Bill, fancied some trolling? You want me to answer that *again*?

What do you think I would think of the slaughter of any innocent
creature, no matter what the prefix?

https://ibb.co/Cm2pDgt

It's not how you take the life of an animal that doesn't want to die,
it's that you think you have the right to in the first place that is
the issue.

But you have already stated your position, 'if you want something and
can afford it, you'll have it', even if it's not actually yours to
take or that you don't actually need, you are just satisfying your own
desires and pleasure, irrespective of the suffering of anyone else?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:45:05 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Do people check off the items one by one - or merely take the stuff and
later realise something is missing?

It's been a few years since I used them but I had no problems with
Tesco except the Eastern Euorpoean drivers thought they had to get in
and get out as quickly as possible whereas the English ones had more
patience while I checked things.

I've had a weekly Tesco delivery since the first lockdown. Priority.

None of the different drivers have ever rushed me. Quite the reverse - I
don't want to keep them waiting, so empty the crates in the hall, and sort
it out afterwards.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 19/11/2020 19:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:11:18 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer? They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

A headless chicken is no more likely to suffer than a vegetable.

Other than whilst gaining the status of 'headless' in the first place
of course.

Maybe they could breed headless chickens...

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:06:04 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Other than whilst gaining the status of 'headless' in the first place
of course.

Maybe they could breed headless chickens...

Well, they are already creating 'lab meat', if you absolutely must
have something that is close to animal flesh for some reason?

But why do you, in 2020?

Yes, I know there were periods in the history of humanity where we had
to get food where we could but for the vast majority that's no longer
the case (and we don't).

And ironically, if those of us who have the easy option of not eating
meat, eggs and dairy stopped doing so and they stopped feeding as much
foodstuff to animals to inefficiently convert into meat (doing more
harm to the planet and us), there would actually be *more* food to go
round.

But hey, it's obvious that many people either DGAF about the welfare
of animals, or prefer to turn a blind eye to all the cruelty,
suffering and death, *just* because they 'like the taste'.

Doesn't really seem like a good enough reason to condemn trillions of
innocent animals to death every year to me.

https://ibb.co/qWsQqJ3

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Roger Hayter
writes

On 19/11/2020 10:12, T i m wrote:

When she was in a supermarket she overheard a lad, picking
stuff for his Mum, commented on 'why is there so much vegan stuff here
...?'

Virtue signalling.

There may be much virtue signalling in the world, but supermarkets do not
waste an inch of shelf space on something that is not generating enough
profit. So either vegan food has more profit margin or is growing in sales
volume. TV advertising (or even in-store advertising) is one thing, but shelf
space is another.

More profit margin. They're all cashing in on the johnny come latelys

We've been veggies for years 40+. It was always a dilemma. To have more
choice required it to become more popular. Make it more popular and the
big boys want to cash in and bend the rules, cut corners and put the
specialists out of business.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2020 14:22:48, T i m wrote:

snip

But hey, it's obvious that many people either DGAF about the welfare
of animals, or prefer to turn a blind eye to all the cruelty,
suffering and death, *just* because they 'like the taste'.

No, it is you who up to now has shown no compassion towards animal
welfare. You shun every attempt to improve them.

When was the last time you campaigned against the practice of not
stunning or bolting an animal, so they are no longer aware of their
environment, before being hung upside down and allowed to bleed to death?

This has always been about your jealousy towards us having loved ones
who allow us to eat meat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:26:50 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

We've been veggies for years 40+.

Shame it wasn't vegan. ;-(

It was always a dilemma. To have more
choice required it to become more popular.

Regarding commercial offerings or when eating out possibly but there
is more 'vegan' choice out there than non vegan and always has been.

Make it more popular and the
big boys want to cash in

Yup, that commercialism for you.

and bend the rules, cut corners and put the
specialists out of business.

Such as OOI?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 19/11/2020 19:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:11:18 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

Isn't that a possible solution, as Mike obviously couldn't suffer?
They
could be anaesthetised, beheaded, and fattened painlessly before being
prepared for the oven.

Or, here is another idea, stop assuming you have the moral right,
moral agency to keep and kill (against their will) animals in the
first place?

A headless chicken is no more likely to suffer than a vegetable.

Other than whilst gaining the status of 'headless' in the first place
of course.

Maybe they could breed headless chickens...

Ah....

https://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%2...facedgoats.jpg

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx