Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default on-line shopping and deliveries

On 19/11/2020 11:20, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 10:08:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

Fungi are alive too! Their fruiting bodies don't want to be eaten.

Many have spectacularly effective toxins in to discourage browsers.
Some of the most toxic taste really good which can be misleading.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown