Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default on-line shopping and deliveries

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 10:08:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:49:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

... what should have been 'vegan chicken nuggets (so typically Quorn or
a chicken substitute) were actually just 'vegetable nuggets'.

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

and the vegan ones aren't
particulary nice,

We find them fine, especially compared with something that requires a
chicken to have it's life taken by being gassed / electrocuted and
having it's head cut off. We just don't see animals as food or a
product to be exploited.

the non-vegan are better.

I guess it all depends what you are expecting?

When we first started buying Sainsbury's 'white label' instead of
Heinz baked beans (because they were vastly cheaper and we wanted to
experiment with price / taste / function) we noticed they were
different. The haricot beans were still haricot beans of course, it's
just there were slightly fewer beans in the white label and more sauce
and they did taste slightly different. Checking the ingredients of
both, the white label contained less sugar and salt so that meant they
were also better for us. It wasn't long before the taste of the white
label beans became the norm.

So if you are interested in considering change, be it to support Fair
Trade, vegan, better value or healthier options, there may be a change
in format or taste but all you are doing (in most cases) is just
undoing what you have *learned* to consider 'normal' and replacing it
with a new 'normal'. ;-)

Like this:

https://ibb.co/J7QCP2n

https://ibb.co/C6QQf1n