Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default on-line shopping and deliveries

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:31:29 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"

snip

Most Quorn products are not vegan

But many are (and they are the ones we buy of course).

Just happend to grab a Sainsbury's delivery slot this morning(*). Of
the 47 Quorn products they have available just 8 are vegan.

8 is many, even out of 47. ;-)

... and the vegan ones aren't particulary nice,

We just don't see animals as food or a product to be exploited.

Niether do I, haven't eaten dead animal for 27 years, but if it came
down to me or a chicken in the yard, sorry chicken you're on my plate
by my direct actions.

I'm not sure I would ... what happens when that's the last one?

Are you a vegi or a vegan Dave as 'we' (our little family group)
think dairy (and eggs to a lesser degree) is worse than beef in many
ways ...

https://ibb.co/L81YXHm

I know I can kill 'cause I've done it, either
to put an injured creature from mouse to adult rabbit out of it's
misery having lost an agrument with cat or car.

Yup, I think most people would understand (and support) killing an
animal under such circumstances, it *is* showing kindness and
compassion. But I doubt many would accept the vet clubbing their pet
cat or dog to death (that has a terminal illness etc) with a wheel
brace as 'humane' (or gassing or electrically stunning first) compared
with a lethal injection.

Or and probably more
relevant as there is was element of being "humane", literally
squashed the living breath out of a juvenile rat with a jar at the
back of a kitchen cupboard.

Well, I question the concept of any 'killing' being humane but if
there is no other solution that doesn't involve death then I guess
humane is better then inhumane.

When we first started buying Sainsbury's 'white label' instead of
Heinz baked beans (because they were vastly cheaper and we wanted to
experiment with price / taste / function) we noticed they were
different.

Well that's hardly surprising Heinz are well known for loading their
beans with sugar. There is a difference betwwen "different" and "not
nice".

Sure.

The only thing I've tried cooking and not fished eating was some
'scrambled egg' on toast. The toast was a home made loaf (kit) that
came out very heavy and the 'egg' was a very hard Tofu that I'd over
salted (black salt that gives the sulphur taste of egg). I've made it
once before and on a lighter toast and a 'silky hard' Tofu and it was
ok. The Mrs finished hers though *and* said she's have it again?

Cheers, T i m