Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Daft dishwasher idea

My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/10/2020 10:46, JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

I have to admit that I drilled a hole in the bottom of the sump of my
Bosch dishwasher. We have a concrete floor, with vinyl on top, so
there's not much downside risk.

I found that a small leak on the seal round the door seemed to get into
the sump and stop the dishwasher. It's easily solved by giving the seal
a wipe with a scourer, but it's a faff to drag the machine out and turn
it on its side to empty the sump.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:12:02 on Sun, 11 Oct
2020, GB remarked:
[...]

In the past I've done that too. Put a plastic food container under the
hole to catch the drips, and it evaporates faster than it fills up (on
average).

--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2020 10:46, JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

Had a similar problem on our Miele, no obvious apparent leaks, but in
the end I traced it to a leak around an o ring on the side of the water
conditioning unit. It only leaked at a certain phase in the wash - I
only saw it after running a complete cycle with the side off. It was
enough to enable the trip after five or six washes.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...e_G645_SC_Plus

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Tipping the whole machine will empty it onto the floor - not always
ideal though.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

Probably a small leak somewhere.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Had that problem when the filter blocked. Waited three days, the sump dried
out and everything was working again.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal
as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

Seems unlikely they would have a float sensor there if that was the case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 11/10/2020 10:46, JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

Most common cause is the sump seal leaking, there is a repair kit
available. Also lots of Youtuibe videos about it.
I still have to get around to doing ours. It dosen't do it on quick wash
so that's the workaround we've been using

Door seals also leak, as noted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote in :

[...]

I used my wet and dry Vax.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

One would have thought for the cost of a small pip and stopper that this
should be fitted to all devices where water could get into such areas..
Cheapskate again I'd suggest.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I found that a small leak on the seal round the door seemed to get
into the sump and stop the dishwasher. It's easily solved by giving
the seal a wipe with a scourer, but it's a faff to drag the machine
out and turn it on its side to empty the sump.

I will look at that - although I would never use a scourer on anything
soft like rubber - I prefer to let the cleaning produce do the work -
rather than abrasion. I am wondering id a knife may have got trapped in
the seal when the door was closed - I hope so!

Pulling mine out and tileting it is not really an option as the mains
lead is a bit tight and to pull it out requires my washer to be pulled
out first so that I can get to the back of the dishwaher to unplug the
mains lead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2020-10-11, JohnP wrote:

My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Not long after getting our previous washer-dryer, but fortunately
within the warranty period, I set off the "flood alert" --- & watched
what the repairman did. It turns out you could set it off by running
the 90° programme with a bit too much detergent, & unfortunately you
have to pull the machine out & take the back off to mop it out. I
think it's inexcusable that there isn't at least a small hatch on the
front that you could stick a rag in to wick the water out.