Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnP JohnP is offline

Default Daft dishwasher idea

I found that a small leak on the seal round the door seemed to get
into the sump and stop the dishwasher. It's easily solved by giving
the seal a wipe with a scourer, but it's a faff to drag the machine
out and turn it on its side to empty the sump.

I will look at that - although I would never use a scourer on anything
soft like rubber - I prefer to let the cleaning produce do the work -
rather than abrasion. I am wondering id a knife may have got trapped in
the seal when the door was closed - I hope so!

Pulling mine out and tileting it is not really an option as the mains
lead is a bit tight and to pull it out requires my washer to be pulled
out first so that I can get to the back of the dishwaher to unplug the
mains lead.