Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Daft dishwasher idea

On 2020-10-11, JohnP wrote:

My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Not long after getting our previous washer-dryer, but fortunately
within the warranty period, I set off the "flood alert" --- & watched
what the repairman did. It turns out you could set it off by running
the 90° programme with a bit too much detergent, & unfortunately you
have to pull the machine out & take the back off to mop it out. I
think it's inexcusable that there isn't at least a small hatch on the
front that you could stick a rag in to wick the water out.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.