Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Daft dishwasher idea

On 11/10/2020 10:46, JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop
feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump - took
Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times - no sign of a
leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be terminal as
there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak, but I
really want to know if this was some sort of freak event, caused by
consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

Most common cause is the sump seal leaking, there is a repair kit
available. Also lots of Youtuibe videos about it.
I still have to get around to doing ours. It dosen't do it on quick wash
so that's the workaround we've been using

Door seals also leak, as noted.