Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnP JohnP is offline

Default Daft dishwasher idea

GB wrote in :

On 11/10/2020 10:46, JohnP wrote:
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago.

Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the
Aquastop feature where a small sump triggers a float.

I gained access to it and sure enought there was water in this sump -
took Wet & Dry vacuum and dried is all out and ran it a few times -
no sign of a leak so I reassembled it.

What is niggling me is that,to many people, this fault would be
terminal as there is no way to empty the little sump.

Perhaps the idea was that a service call would be made and the leak
detected and a repair made or the machine replaced.

I would probably replace the machine if there is a significant leak,
but I really want to know if this was some sort of freak event,
caused by consensation, ot a small leak over a very long period.

I have to admit that I drilled a hole in the bottom of the sump of my
Bosch dishwasher. We have a concrete floor, with vinyl on top, so
there's not much downside risk.

I found that a small leak on the seal round the door seemed to get
into the sump and stop the dishwasher. It's easily solved by giving
the seal a wipe with a scourer, but it's a faff to drag the machine
out and turn it on its side to empty the sump.

I used my wet and dry Vax.