Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 06:00:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

This whole thing has got to be a wind-up, right ?

Wrong, as always.

Nope, just another idiotic troll of yours, as always, you clinically insane
86-year-old trolling senile asshole!

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On 04/03/2020 11:14, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

On 04/03/2020 00:18, Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

Snap! I was going to say I'd done the same thing, but I ordered 5 litres
because it's useful stuff to have around (unless there's a fire!).

Does anyone know whether emollients such as Diprobase make good carriers
for the alcohol?

A cream *might* work if the alcohol doesn't disrupt the function of the
emulsifiers, but alcohol won't mix with a hydrocarbon-based ointment.

I'm not a chemist (unless A level chem 40+ years ago counts) but would be
interested to know why alcohol won't mix with a hydrocarbon-based
ointment. Alcohol is a hydrocarbon and ethanol is added to petrol. What's
different about hydrocarbon-based ointments?

Very different molecular weights.

FWIW, according to medicines.org the ingredients (excipients is apparently
the correct word) of Diprobase a Chlorocresol, Macrogol Cetostearyl
Ether, Cetostearyl alcohol, Liquid paraffin, White soft paraffin,
Phosphoric acid, Sodium dihydrogen phosphate, Sodium hydroxide, and
Purified water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:41 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 06:41:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

06:41 already? And you STILL can't go back to bed, you sleepless 86-year-old
cretin? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 14:36:17 +0100, Thomas Prufer wrote:

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 10:38:02 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk

wrote:

This is uk.d-i-y. Surely you should be building a still ?

Best suggestion so far.

Pot or reflux ?

Pot stills are much simpler and you
dont need a reflux still for this alcohol.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 04/03/2020 09:33, Roger Hayter wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 00:18:56 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

Lots of recipes he https://tinyurl.com/weypjzh Basically, some sort
of gel, aloe vera is popular, with alcohol, one part gel to two parts
alcohol. It's the alcohol that kills the virus - the gel just stops
your skin drying up, but the mix needs to contain at least 60%
alcohol, so I doubt that IPA would do. Any alcohol seems to be OK.
Rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) is popular, but ethanol seems OK as
vodka is also suggested (but the proportions may need adjusting to
account for its water content, say one gel to three vodka), and I have
a bottle of meths somewhere in the garage.

Even neat vodka doesn't have enough alcohol in it.

Pisco was on sale in pretty potent strengths last time I was
in Chile (about 30 years ago).

Still is and neat alcohol now. Mate of mine was offered
some in Jan there, just before he returned here at the
end of Jan with considerable difficulty getting out of china.

But HuffPost advises against diy sanitiser, preferring thorough
handwashing instead https://tinyurl.com/t3wy46j

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 09:32 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER FIVE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:32:56 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile troll****

09:32, you abnormal piece of senile ****? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 09:37 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:37:33 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the nym-shifting 86-year-old trolling senile asshole's latest
troll****

09:37, you sleepless senile cretin? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface, make sure you wash your
hands before then touching any part of your face. The principle is one
of preventing germs from contact with surfaces, being transferred to
your eyes or mouth, where they then get easy access to your lungs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 16:56:27 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

If you want to impress someone with rum baba, this is the rum to use!

"Flaming B-52"!

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2020 00:18, Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

why can't you just have said pre-mixed ?....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:32:56 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

Pot stills are much simpler and you
dont need a reflux still for this alcohol.

Apparently you need the reflux for the modern fast ("turbo") yeasts.

14% in 24 hours, 20% in 5 days. ISTR seeing up to 24% alc/vol advertised.

However, the speed comes at the cost of a multitude of off flavors and oils, and
needs the reflux to make it drinkable, i.e. 94-96% without the off flavors (or
any other flavor).

Thomas Prufer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Thomas Prufer" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:32:56 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

Pot stills are much simpler and you
dont need a reflux still for this alcohol.

Apparently you need the reflux for the modern fast ("turbo") yeasts.

Reflux stills are the alternative to putting the alcohol you want
thru the pot still multiple times to get just the ethanol and not
the other higher alcohols that dont taste as good.

They also arent what you use when you want to produce
a final result that still has the flavour of what you started
with with stuff like plum brandy etc.

14% in 24 hours, 20% in 5 days. ISTR seeing up to 24% alc/vol advertised.

Yeah, some like the phucker drink it like that, dont bother to distil it.

However, the speed comes at the cost of a multitude of off flavors and
oils, and
needs the reflux to make it drinkable, i.e. 94-96% without the off flavors
(or
any other flavor).

And thats why pot stills still have their uses
when you want to retain the original flavours
instead of adding it later like you do with gin etc.

But with a hand sanitiser, a pot still is
fine even if you ton use a turbo yeast,
Doesnt make a lot of sense to use a
turbo yeast for that tho, they aren't cheap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 04/03/2020 00:18, Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

why can't you just have said pre-mixed ?....

You can. And normally do, when it hasn't all been cleared from the
shops by panic buying.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 20:19:59 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

Yeah, some like the phucker drink it like that, don¢t bother to distil it.

Strange that BOTH of you abnormal home brewers are not quite right in your
heads! I still claim it's because of your congenital sociopathy and not
because of the alcohol you two cretins are messing with!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

That is in fact the point. If you want to really sterilise your hands,
wash them in bleach. Or Dettol or any other of a number of pretty
vicious anti-viral and anti-bacterial chemicals

Soap is pretty good. Its what surgeons use IIRC

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

just found four big bottles of the good stuff in the utility room...woo hoo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

Yes, I'd taken Brian's comment as referring to a home-made hand wash
when out of the home.
On a recent shopping trip I was conscious of all the things that had to
be touched, ending with the car door and steering wheel. Unless we start
wearing surgical gloves it's hard to see how gels and hand washing will
make much difference unless everyone does it ... and many people won't.
I was surprised that a young junior doctor friend said that they were
not changing anything about the way they act. To quote an old TV
character, with a Scots accent: "we're doomed!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface,

And how exactly do you identify a suspect surface ?

Aren't all surfaces in public places susceptible to
contamination by potential carriers ?

That's the point.

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten
minutes and so the coughers and sneezers could be
well gone before you come on the scene, leaving all
their spores behind.

Maybe you have to carry a backpack of the stuff around with
you like they do with weedkiller sprays.

As It happens while walking along the road this morning I
saw my first

" Woman at a bus stop getting out a bottle of pink stuff from
her bag and rubbing her hands with it". Presumably *before
getting on a bus*.

I was almost tempted to walk over the road, join the queue
behind her and start coughing loudly.

As it happens because of the exposure and proximity values
which have been suggested, 15 mins 2 metres the supposition
now is that a lot of contamination will actually take place
within families.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

That is in fact the point. If you want to really sterilise your hands,
wash them in bleach. Or Dettol or any other of a number of pretty
vicious anti-viral and anti-bacterial chemicals

Soap is pretty good. Its what surgeons use IIRC

They use Povidone-Iodine to sterilise their hands. Iodine acts similarly
to chlorine.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 11:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you
really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is
needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands.Â* The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

just found four big bottles of the good stuff in the utility room...woo hoo

Buckies ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 13:01:39 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:

That is in fact the point. If you want to really sterilise your hands,
wash them in bleach. Or Dettol or any other of a number of pretty
vicious anti-viral and anti-bacterial chemicals

Soap is pretty good. Its what surgeons use IIRC

They use Povidone-Iodine to sterilise their hands. Iodine acts similarly
to chlorine.

And P-I is mostly alcohol.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 12:27, michael adams wrote:

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten
minutes and so the coughers and sneezers could be
well gone before you come on the scene, leaving all
their spores behind.

10 minutes? Professor Chris Whitty* told MPs this morning "It's
probably largely gone by 48 hours and almost completely gone by 72 hours
on a hard surface." But I suppose to some people he's just another
bloke on the internet - and old and white to boot.

*CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci, Chief Medical Officer for England, Chief Medical
Adviser to the UK Government, etc etc

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 14:17, Robin wrote:
On 05/03/2020 12:27, michael adams wrote:

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten
minutes and so the coughers and sneezers could be
well gone before you come on the scene, leaving all
their spores behind.

10 minutes?Â* Professor Chris Whitty* told MPs this morning "It's
probably largely gone by 48 hours and almost completely gone by 72 hours
on a hard surface."Â* But I suppose to some people he's just another
bloke on the internet - and old and white to boot.

*CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci, Chief Medical Officer for England, Chief Medical
Adviser to the UK Government, etc etc

Long enough to be present on the inside or outside of all those packages
air-freighted in from China (after being bought online from a
company with a .CO.UK address)

Even he had a cough without using a tissue :-). Also a couple of
people in the 'audience'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 20:19:59 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

They also arent what you use when you want to produce
a final result that still has the flavour of what you started
with with stuff like plum brandy etc.

The turbo yeasts seem to be sold lots in countries with high taxes on likker...
lees chance of being caught with a bathtub full of mash, maybe?

14% in 24 hours, 20% in 5 days. ISTR seeing up to 24% alc/vol advertised.

Yeah, some like the phucker drink it like that, dont bother to distil it.

Arrgh. The thought curls my toes.

Friends don't let friends drink shoddy liquor. (Cheap is fine, sometimes...)

But with a hand sanitiser, a pot still is
fine even if you ton use a turbo yeast,
Doesnt make a lot of sense to use a
turbo yeast for that tho, they aren't cheap.

Pretty much theoretical for me and here (Treznal), as the excise men are keen
and there are plenty of fruit spirits at reasonable prices. (And they have
*nothing* to with the sweetened hand sanitizer the Americans call "Schnapps".)

There's even a place here where they take your apples and return them, after
juicing, fermenting, distilling and bottling (and taxing) them. Even using
solely your apples, if you so wish and have enough.

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 12:27:34 UTC, michael adams wrote:
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface,

And how exactly do you identify a suspect surface ?

Light switches, computer keyboards, money, door handles, taps etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Robin" wrote in message
On 05/03/2020 12:27, michael adams wrote:

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten
minutes and so the coughers and sneezers could be
well gone before you come on the scene, leaving all
their spores behind.

10 minutes? Professor Chris Whitty* told MPs this morning "It's probably largely gone
by 48 hours and almost completely gone by 72 hours on a hard surface." But I suppose
to some people he's just another bloke on the internet - and old and white to boot.

*CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci, Chief Medical Officer for England, Chief Medical Adviser to the
UK Government, etc etc

I was thinking more on these lines -

quote

Alison Carey, MD, an associate professor of microbiology and immunology
at Drexel University, tells Health. "Flu viruses can survive on hard surfaces
(like bus poles) and infect another person for 24 to 48 hours,"

quote

However

quote

The longer the virus sits, the more the possibility of someone catching
the cold or flu decreases, Dr. Carey says. "But people can definitely
get it from touching bus poles, especially in the five to 10 minutes that
elapse from a sick person getting off the bus and someone else getting on,"
she says.

/quote

https://www.health.com/condition/col...ve-on-surfaces

She's white as well, although at a guess, not trying so hard to cover her arse

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Thomas Prufer" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 20:19:59 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

They also arent what you use when you want to produce
a final result that still has the flavour of what you started
with with stuff like plum brandy etc.

The turbo yeasts seem to be sold lots in countries with high taxes on
likker...

There arent many except the USA that dont
have high taxes on stuff stronger than beer.

lees chance of being caught with a bathtub full of mash, maybe?

Its not a time thing, they will still be able to
shaft you for the alcohol they find at your place.

14% in 24 hours, 20% in 5 days. ISTR seeing up to 24% alc/vol
advertised.

Yeah, some like the phucker drink it like that, dont bother to distil it.

Arrgh. The thought curls my toes.

Mine too, but he is an alcoholic druggy.

Friends don't let friends drink shoddy liquor.

He doesnt have any of those, he drinks it all himself.

I live in an area with hordes of italian immigrants.
They have a long tradition of grappa and quite
a bit of it is pretty awful stuff. They use pot stills.

(Cheap is fine, sometimes...)

But with a hand sanitiser, a pot still is
fine even if you ton use a turbo yeast,
Doesnt make a lot of sense to use a
turbo yeast for that tho, they aren't cheap.

Pretty much theoretical for me and here
(Treznal), as the excise men are keen

Ours aren't even tho its alleged to be the biggest
wine growing operation in the country.,

and there are plenty of fruit spirits at reasonable prices.

Our drunks are mostly into sherry and
wine isnt taxed like beer and spirits are.

(And they have *nothing* to with the sweetened
hand sanitizer the Americans call "Schnapps".)

The yanks actually sell neat ethanol in
some states under various brand names.

There's even a place here where they take your apples and return them,
after
juicing, fermenting, distilling and bottling (and taxing) them. Even using
solely your apples, if you so wish and have enough.

That doesnt happen here. We are much more into beer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 16:44, michael adams wrote:
"Robin" wrote in message
[...]

Well found. Pity:

a. you didn't post that in the first place rather than an unqualified
"up to ten minutes"; and

b. you didn't check what health.com said. Follow their link to Alison
Carey and you'll see she is in the Department of Paediatrics
specialising in the neonatal immune system. Forgive me for thinking she
us rather less well up on coronaviruses than the NHS, CDC, et al. I
looked as I couldn't fathom why a specialist would refer to flu when
there is work on coronaviruses where work on SARS and MERS has given
evidence. Eg

"Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their
inactivation with biocidal agents"

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

Too long/CBA? Try

"Human coronaviruses can remain infectious on inanimate surfaces for up
to 9 days. Surface disinfection with 0.1% sodium hypochlorite or 62€“71%
ethanol significantly reduces coronavirus infectivity on surfaces within
1 min exposure time."
--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 16:14, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 5 March 2020 12:27:34 UTC, michael adams wrote:
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface,

And how exactly do you identify a suspect surface ?

Light switches, computer keyboards, money, door handles, taps etc.

plus handrails on stairs and poles on trains/buses - things older people
tend to rely on

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you
really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is
needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

That is in fact the point. If you want to really sterilise your hands,
wash them in bleach. Or Dettol or any other of a number of pretty vicious
anti-viral and anti-bacterial chemicals

Soap is pretty good.

Just found out yesterday that the reason its
pretty good is that it gets rid of the fat and
oil on the hands which is a harbour for what
you want to avoid remaining on your hands.

Its what surgeons use IIRC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:54 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost an HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 03:54:42 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

03:54??? LOL So you've been up and trolling for almost an hour, yet AGAIN,
you abnormal 86-year-old trolling cretin!

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

We've just had one of our doctors infected for that reason and so have you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Just found out yesterday that the reason its
pretty good is that it gets rid of the fat and
oil on the hands which is a harbour for what
you want to avoid remaining on your hands.

But not these presumably

quote

Between its pH and its porous nature, our body's natural barrier to the word
does a great job at killing viruses, Greatorex explained. "Our hands are quite
antimicrobial themselves," she said. "They have their own bacteria that live
on them - no matter how clean you are - and they don't actually harbour
viruses that well."

/quote

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...ublic-surfaces

michael adams

Its what surgeons use IIRC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface,

And how exactly do you identify a suspect surface ?

Aren't all surfaces in public places susceptible to
contamination by potential carriers ?

That's the point.

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten minutes

It appears to be for a lot longer than that in fact.

The recent singapore report is that with just one of
the 3 infected individuals who had no symptoms, it even
ended up where they kept the fancy protection gear.

and so the coughers and sneezers could be well gone before you come on the
scene, leaving all their spores behind.

And they don’t have to be coughers or
sneezers either as that individual proves.

Maybe you have to carry a backpack of the stuff around with you like they
do with weedkiller sprays.

As It happens while walking along the road this morning I saw my first

" Woman at a bus stop getting out a bottle of pink stuff from her bag and
rubbing her hands with it". Presumably *before getting on a bus*.

I was almost tempted to walk over the road, join the queue behind her and
start coughing loudly.

Bit of a risk of getting kicked to death now.

As it happens because of the exposure and proximity values which have been
suggested, 15 mins 2 metres the supposition now is that a lot of
contamination will actually take place within families.

And ski lodges, conferences and cruise ships in spades.

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:52 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 04:52:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

04:52??? Why don't you swallow your Nembutal, senile cretin? What did you
buy it for?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

CT woman arrested for DUI - drunk half a bottle of hand sanitizer Al Kayhall Home Repair 6 October 19th 12 02:01 AM
Dish Sanitizer Mark S Home Repair 6 March 7th 07 09:49 PM
Air Health UV Home Air Sanitizer Amy Johnson Home Repair 38 March 31st 05 09:02 PM
Keep Several Hand Drills on Hand MilkyWhy Home Repair 5 December 24th 04 01:59 AM
Hand Tool Behavior - The Psychology of Hand Tools charlie b Woodworking 5 August 1st 04 02:14 AM