Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:06 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 05:06:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the disgusting 86-year-old trolling senile pest's latest troll****

05:06??? LOL So you've been up and trolling for TWO HOURS already, yet
again, you piece of senile ****! BG

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

"Robin" wrote in message
On 05/03/2020 12:22, wrote:
On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you
really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is
needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

Yes, I'd taken Brian's comment as referring to a home-made hand wash when
out of the home.
On a recent shopping trip I was conscious of all the things that had to
be touched, ending with the car door and steering wheel. Unless we start
wearing surgical gloves it's hard to see how gels and hand washing will
make much difference unless everyone does it ... and many people won't. I
was surprised that a young junior doctor friend said that they were not
changing anything about the way they act. To quote an old TV character,
with a Scots accent: "we're doomed!"

No, only some of us. Eg I think there's a very good chance indeed that
Adam and John will be left to agree between themselves who turns out the
lights.

Very unlikely to be Adam given that he will **** anything that isnt actually
dead.

While he does use condoms, that wont help with this virus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

They probably also have a high proportion of oldsters and so
the attrition rate will probably be correspondingly higher.

While the Chinese apparently are heavy smokers.

If Johnson and co. had half a brain they would be
stressing this fact, if such it is, and using it
to target smokers.

As it is they're simply covering their arses so as
to allow for the worst contingency.

While according to a letter quoted in Private Eye
there is a lot of resentment among retired GP's
who without any prior consolation are apparently being
drafted in as "cannon fodder" to mask the Govt's
penny pinching and lack of any provision whatsoever
for such contingencies.

Basically the Govt are engaged in a misinformation
exercise exaggerating the risk so that no matter
what happens they can be seen to have at least done
something. "Don't say we didn't warn you ! Can't
find any sanitiser in the shops ? You're not looking
hard enough !"

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 05/03/2020 14:17, Robin wrote:
On 05/03/2020 12:27, michael adams wrote:

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten
minutes and so the coughers and sneezers could be
well gone before you come on the scene, leaving all
their spores behind.

10 minutes? Professor Chris Whitty* told MPs this morning "It's probably
largely gone by 48 hours and almost completely gone by 72 hours on a hard
surface." But I suppose to some people he's just another bloke on the
internet - and old and white to boot.

*CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci, Chief Medical Officer for England, Chief Medical
Adviser to the UK Government, etc etc

Long enough to be present on the inside or outside of all those packages
air-freighted in from China (after being bought online from a
company with a .CO.UK address)

Mine never get here anything even remotely like that fast.
Much more often it takes a month.

Even he had a cough without using a tissue :-). Also a couple of people in
the 'audience'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:14 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 05:14:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

05:14??? So, WHY do you have NOBODY in RL to talk to, you cantankerous
lonely senile pest? VBG

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 05:18:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the clinically insane 86-year-old troll's troll****

05:18, you lonely sleepless senile piece of ****? LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:52 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 05:52:27 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile troll****

05:52 already, you clinically insane senile asshole? And STILL unable to go
to bed, you lonely sociopathic swine? LOL

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 16:45:35 +0100, Thomas Prufer wrote:

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 20:19:59 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

They also arent what you use when you want to produce a final result
that still has the flavour of what you started with with stuff like plum
brandy etc.

The turbo yeasts seem to be sold lots in countries with high taxes on
likker...
lees chance of being caught with a bathtub full of mash, maybe?

Not sure about the "Turbo" bit, but those yeasts produce the cleanest
wash from which to distil - if you skimp and try distilling regular ale
or beer ... it's pretty rank.

You dont distil ale or beer, you ferment cane sugar
with beer yeast and that works fine with a reflux still.

Mate of mine uses bread yeast and tomato paste.
Much slower than the turbo yeasts or beer yeast
but it does produce a decent result with a reflux still.

There's a lively underground home distilling community in the UK. Enough
to support a few online and high street shops. As a very early adopter
I'm aware that the powers that be were completely blindsided by the
overnight appearance of a hobbiest market, and by the time they'd
realised it was "a thing" it was too late and Streisland applied.

If it's any consolation, I do use British sugar

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Just found out yesterday that the reason its
pretty good is that it gets rid of the fat and
oil on the hands which is a harbour for what
you want to avoid remaining on your hands.

But not these presumably

quote

Between its pH and its porous nature, our body's natural barrier to the
word
does a great job at killing viruses, Greatorex explained. "Our hands are
quite
antimicrobial themselves," she said. "They have their own bacteria that
live
on them - no matter how clean you are - and they don't actually harbour
viruses that well."

/quote

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...ublic-surfaces

That’s talking about stopping the viruses getting into the
body via the skin, not what we are discussing, stopping
this virus from being picked up from surfaces you touch
and being transferred to your mouth or nose or eyes by
physical contact and infecting you that way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is. 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

They probably also have a high proportion of oldsters

That’s very arguable. Plenty of the younger
ones use them for the furious ****ing.

and so the attrition rate will probably be correspondingly higher.

That’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

While the Chinese apparently are heavy smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

That’s bull****.

They cant be conscripted, that’s bull****.

to mask the Govt's penny pinching and lack of any provision whatsoever for
such contingencies.

That last is a bare faced lie.

Basically the Govt are engaged in a misinformation
exercise exaggerating the risk so that no matter what happens they can be
seen to have at least done something. "Don't say we didn't warn you !
Can't find any sanitiser in

the shops ? You're not looking hard enough !"

Even sillier than you usually manage and that’s saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 03:54:42 +1100, "John_j" wrote:

I live in an area with hordes of italian immigrants.
They have a long tradition of grappa and quite
a bit of it is pretty awful stuff. They use pot stills.

Ah yes. Had some like that. The smell of fusel oils was overpowering even when
the grappa was used as an additive to window cleaning water.

Grappa can be divine, though...

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:29 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for THREE AND A HALF HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 06:29:21 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

06:29 already, you clinically insane asshole?

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:06 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 06:06:57 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the 86-year-old trolling senile asshole's troll****

06:06, you clinically insane senile piece of trolling ****? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:21 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for THREE AND A HALF HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 06:21:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

06:21, you useless sleepless senile cretin? LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

They probably also have a high proportion of oldsters

That’s very arguable. Plenty of the younger
ones use them for the furious ****ing.

and so the attrition rate will probably be correspondingly higher.

That’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

While the Chinese apparently are heavy smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

If Johnson and co. had half a brain they would be stressing this fact, if such it is,
and using it to target smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

Yes but if a large proportion of deaths are of smokers
then the consequences of catching it aren't so dire
and so people won't panic. Just mentioning smoking in
passing might stick in smokers' minds when they're
already in an anxious state, far more than any
amount of lecturing.

If as claimed these viruses hang around for days rather
than hours then this implies that this thing can't be as
infectious as was claimed.

So its not as infectious as was claimed - because as I said
earlier more people would be catching it, and quite possibly
the people who are dying are either old, have an existing
condition, or are smokers. There's one figure suggesting
60% of Chinese doctors smoke.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

They probably also have a high proportion of oldsters

That’s very arguable. Plenty of the younger
ones use them for the furious ****ing.

and so the attrition rate will probably be correspondingly higher.

That’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

While the Chinese apparently are heavy smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

If Johnson and co. had half a brain they would be stressing this fact,
if such it is, and using it to target smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

Yes but if a large proportion of deaths are of smokers

Its far from clear that that is true. Havent seen any stats on that.

then the consequences of catching it aren't so dire

True.

and so people won't panic.

They already have.

Just mentioning smoking in passing might stick in smokers' minds when
they're already in an anxious state, far more than any amount of
lecturing.

But it remains to be seen if that works. One of ours
who is an ex one of yours has just done that yesterday.
Its not too clear what percentage of my country even
watch something like this, let alone how many smokers
will get off their arses and quit now that he has said that.

And its far from clear whether quitting now will help any anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvm_SUjQorw

If as claimed these viruses hang around for days rather than hours then
this implies that this thing can't be as infectious as was claimed.

otoh that pom that was at a conference in singapore
and then infect quite a few once he ended up in france
after that and our GP that got infected indicates that it
it is very infectious.

So its not as infectious as was claimed

We'll see...

- because as I said earlier more people would be catching it,

They clearly have in Italy and Iran and South Korea.

and quite possibly the people who are dying are either old, have an
existing condition, or are smokers.

That remains to be seen too. It isnt even
clear if that is the case with the ones from
the Diamond Princess who died either.

I havent seen any stats with those deaths yet.

There's one figure suggesting
60% of Chinese doctors smoke.

But only one of theirs has died.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 10:15 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SEVEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:15:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the abnormal senile cretin's latest troll****

10:15??????? So you've been trolling for OVER SEVEN HOURS, ALL NIGHT LONG,
yet again, you senile piece of ****!

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 19:25, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is.Â* 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Not to difficult to make.

I don't know what the ingredients cost but I think you could make quite
a bit of money making your own and flogging it on ebay.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 18:30:36 UTC, michael adams wrote:

something. "Don't say we didn't warn you ! Can't
find any sanitiser in the shops ? You're not looking
hard enough !"

it's online for next to nothing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is. 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Not to difficult to make.

I don't know what the ingredients cost but I think you could make quite a
bit of money making your own and flogging it on ebay.

Very likely but the metho might be getting in short supply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is.Â* 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Not to difficult to make.

I don't know what the ingredients cost but I think you could make quite
a bit of money making your own and flogging it on ebay.

It's already on ebay for very low prices

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is.Â* 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Not to difficult to make.

I don't know what the ingredients cost but I think you could make quite
a bit of money making your own and flogging it on ebay.

It's already on ebay for very low price

They look highly inflated to me. Small Aldi brand bottles up from 45p to c.£3.
And some stuff I bought ('Cuticura') a while back for not much more than £1,
£10-£20. And people are paying these prices:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223936491662

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 5 March 2020 18:30:36 UTC, michael adams wrote:

something. "Don't say we didn't warn you ! Can't
find any sanitiser in the shops ? You're not looking
hard enough !"

it's online for next to nothing.

Most if not all of which will be worthless knockoff
rubbish with faked and/or misleading labels.

Reputable suppliers simply don't have the spare
capacity to meet such a sudden but purely
temporary upsurge in demand.

Basically no matter how cheap anything is
to make, there are always ways of making
it even cheaper but superficially looking
just the same.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 12:21 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER NINE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 12:21:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

12:21??? LOL And you are STILL up and trolling, you clinically insane
asshole?

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 6 March 2020 07:34:51 UTC, RJH wrote:
They look highly inflated to me. Small Aldi brand bottles up from 45p to c.£3.
And some stuff I bought ('Cuticura') a while back for not much more than £1,
£10-£20. And people are paying these prices:

Bloody hell.

I wonder if the Post Office are going to add sanitiser gel to jewellery and bullion and other things that must be declared high value when posting.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 6 March 2020 07:34:51 UTC, RJH wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is.Â* 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

The WHO publishes a hand-gel "recipe"

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

Not to difficult to make.

I don't know what the ingredients cost but I think you could make quite
a bit of money making your own and flogging it on ebay.

It's already on ebay for very low price

They look highly inflated to me. Small Aldi brand bottles up from 45p to c.£3.
And some stuff I bought ('Cuticura') a while back for not much more than £1,
£10-£20. And people are paying these prices:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223936491662

order hand sanitizer by price, there's plenty of cheap available.
That some is also going for silly prices doesn't mean we can make & sell it at great margin. I did look.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

[...]

Very high rates of smoking amongst Chinese men. Much higher
rates than among Chinese women.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

[...]

Does common old methylated spirits work ?.

It is moderately poisonous, and therefore best not used as a skin
preparation, especially not frequently or on children. Also it will dye
your hands purple.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2020-03-06, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 15:43:03 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

[...]

Well, if you are using bought meths. Although why anyone non-dodgy would
want to make methanol I don't know. Unless they are a very niche hobbiest.

The antidote for methanol poisoning is ethanol. Which always amused me
slightly, since if you had ethanol you wouldn't be drinking methanol

Aren't some US cars run on (m)ethanol ? Very dangerous as the flame can't
be seen ...

A lot of the motor fuel in the USA is 10% ethanol. I've heard that
the fuel is effectively diluted to 90% (i.e., "watered down" with
something combustible but not greated for the purpose); some claim
it's used because of subsidies to certain kinds of farming.

If there are fuel flames outside the engine, you're in trouble whether
you can see them or not. ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message

Roger Hayter wrote:

[...]

Only if you drink it.

and therefore best not used as a skin preparation,

That's bull****.

especially not frequently

Not because its moderately poisonous,
because you end up with very dry skin.

or on children. Also it will dye your hands purple.

Ours doesn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

[...]

Only race cars.
Like nitromethane or nitrous oxide it carries its own oxygen so its a
good way to throw power into an engine that is limited by its breathing.

Once you start supercharging though its not really much of a gain and
its bloody dangerous for the reasons you stated

But it still gives a bit of a boost tho and makes arriving at a correct
mixture richness easier so its still in use in e.g. top fuel dragsters

Just not pure alcohol - generally blended with nitromethane and gasoline

US racing mandates it BECAUSE it produces no smoke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol_fuel#Racing

and its easier to put out once you know its alight.

The problem is knowing

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 05:39:13 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the senile asshole's troll****

05:39??? IOW, you won't go back to bed again, you sleepless, clinically
insane, senile asshole! LOL

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 05:34:15 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile troll****

05:34??? So, WHY do you have NOBODY in RL to talk to, you abnormal senile
pest? What's YOUR explanation, senile cretin? Let's hear it! LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:

CT woman arrested for DUI - drunk half a bottle of hand sanitizer Al Kayhall Home Repair 6 October 19th 12 02:01 AM
Dish Sanitizer Mark S Home Repair 6 March 7th 07 09:49 PM
Air Health UV Home Air Sanitizer Amy Johnson Home Repair 38 March 31st 05 09:02 PM
Keep Several Hand Drills on Hand MilkyWhy Home Repair 5 December 24th 04 01:59 AM
Hand Tool Behavior - The Psychology of Hand Tools charlie b Woodworking 5 August 1st 04 02:14 AM