Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Just found out yesterday that the reason its
pretty good is that it gets rid of the fat and
oil on the hands which is a harbour for what
you want to avoid remaining on your hands.

But not these presumably

quote

Between its pH and its porous nature, our body's natural barrier to the
word
does a great job at killing viruses, Greatorex explained. "Our hands are
quite
antimicrobial themselves," she said. "They have their own bacteria that
live
on them - no matter how clean you are - and they don't actually harbour
viruses that well."

/quote

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...ublic-surfaces

That’s talking about stopping the viruses getting into the
body via the skin, not what we are discussing, stopping
this virus from being picked up from surfaces you touch
and being transferred to your mouth or nose or eyes by
physical contact and infecting you that way,