Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/

They probably also have a high proportion of oldsters

That’s very arguable. Plenty of the younger
ones use them for the furious ****ing.

and so the attrition rate will probably be correspondingly higher.

That’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

While the Chinese apparently are heavy smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

If Johnson and co. had half a brain they would be stressing this fact,
if such it is, and using it to target smokers.

Again, that’s a separate issue to the infection rate.

Yes but if a large proportion of deaths are of smokers

Its far from clear that that is true. Havent seen any stats on that.

then the consequences of catching it aren't so dire

True.

and so people won't panic.

They already have.

Just mentioning smoking in passing might stick in smokers' minds when
they're already in an anxious state, far more than any amount of
lecturing.

But it remains to be seen if that works. One of ours
who is an ex one of yours has just done that yesterday.
Its not too clear what percentage of my country even
watch something like this, let alone how many smokers
will get off their arses and quit now that he has said that.

And its far from clear whether quitting now will help any anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvm_SUjQorw

If as claimed these viruses hang around for days rather than hours then
this implies that this thing can't be as infectious as was claimed.

otoh that pom that was at a conference in singapore
and then infect quite a few once he ended up in france
after that and our GP that got infected indicates that it
it is very infectious.

So its not as infectious as was claimed

We'll see...

- because as I said earlier more people would be catching it,

They clearly have in Italy and Iran and South Korea.

and quite possibly the people who are dying are either old, have an
existing condition, or are smokers.

That remains to be seen too. It isnt even
clear if that is the case with the ones from
the Diamond Princess who died either.

I havent seen any stats with those deaths yet.

There's one figure suggesting
60% of Chinese doctors smoke.

But only one of theirs has died.