Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dish Sanitizer

Yes that is right, not a dishwasher anymore, it hase become a dish
sanitizer. For about the last 2 years or so now, unless the dishes
are pretty much clean when they go in the whole load comes out
cruddy. About 6 years ago I replaced the motor/pump assembly and it
cleaned better than ever after that but it has gotten pretty bad now.
Does anybody have any suggestions? It is a GE potscrubber, it is
just under 14 years old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes that is right, not a dishwasher anymore, it hase become a dish
sanitizer. For about the last 2 years or so now, unless the dishes
are pretty much clean when they go in the whole load comes out
cruddy. About 6 years ago I replaced the motor/pump assembly and it
cleaned better than ever after that but it has gotten pretty bad now.
Does anybody have any suggestions? It is a GE potscrubber, it is
just under 14 years old.

At just under 14 years, it is at the end of its life. Rather than toss some
more money at it for questionable repairs, replace it and be happy. New
machines are far better than the best made that long ago. Quieter too.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 6 Mar 2007 15:59:17 -0800, "Mark S" wrote:

Yes that is right, not a dishwasher anymore, it hase become a dish
sanitizer. For about the last 2 years or so now, unless the dishes
are pretty much clean when they go in the whole load comes out
cruddy. About 6 years ago I replaced the motor/pump assembly and it
cleaned better than ever after that but it has gotten pretty bad now.
Does anybody have any suggestions? It is a GE potscrubber, it is
just under 14 years old.

Does the soap container open?

Have you opened the door in the middle of the cycle to see soapy dirty
water pouring down from the top rack?

Can you give mroe details about what is wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

It seems to run through a cycle just fine. Soap door opens, drains
properly etc...
It just doesn't seem to filter out the water very well, or at all for
that fact.
Anything left on any of the dishes will end up somewhere else after
the wash.
We always make sure that the hot water is up to the kitchen sink and
we have
had softened water in the house for 10 years now. We just are not
ready
to get a new one when the one we have does work.....
Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark S" wrote in message

We just are not
ready
to get a new one when the one we have does work.....
Mark

If it did work, you'd not be writing here. It makes noise, but does not
clean. A repair can be 50% of hte cost of a new machine and once done,
something else can go on a 4 year old machine. Get some hints at
www.applianceaid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark S" wrote in message
ups.com...
It seems to run through a cycle just fine. Soap door opens, drains
properly etc...
It just doesn't seem to filter out the water very well, or at all for
that fact.
Anything left on any of the dishes will end up somewhere else after
the wash.
We always make sure that the hot water is up to the kitchen sink and
we have
had softened water in the house for 10 years now. We just are not
ready
to get a new one when the one we have does work.....

Mark, the repair cost cannot be justified ... it is at the end of its life.

If it worked properly, I would not be typing this response.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 4:42�pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
"Mark S" wrote in message

ups.com...

It seems to run through a cycle just fine. *Soap door opens, drains
properly etc...
It just doesn't seem to filter out the water very well, or at all for
that fact.
Anything left on any of the dishes will end up somewhere else after
the wash.
We always make sure that the hot water is up to the kitchen sink and
we have
had softened water in the house for 10 years now. *We just are not
ready
to get a new one when the one we have does work.....

Mark, the repair cost cannot be justified ... it is at the end of its life.

If it worked properly, I would not be typing this response.

check ACTUAL water temp should be at least 130 degrees

check actual rotation and spray of arms. they clog or pump may be
anemic.

check water level, too low can cause it

I too agree at 14 years a NEW machine is the best solution.

dish washer mauro Home Repair 1 August 12th 06 03:41 AM
satellite dish JAT Electronics Repair 3 August 24th 05 12:55 AM
Air Health UV Home Air Sanitizer Amy Johnson Home Repair 38 March 31st 05 09:02 PM
Does Old Dish Network Hardware Have Value? John Smith Home Repair 12 February 18th 05 06:53 PM
Dish tv Muff Home Repair 5 November 23rd 04 11:11 PM