John Smith

Default Does Old Dish Network Hardware Have Value?

We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away, does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Red Neckerson

"John Smith" wrote in message
We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away,
does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Not really. If you do a search on eBay, unless they are the Tivo-like of
HiDef receivers, they go for about 30 or 40 bucks at the most. The problem
is, they practically GIVE them away when you sign up for the service (you
know the deals where you get a dish a 4 receivers when you sign up for one
year).

You could TRY selling them on eBay. Do a search on the model you have and
see what they are going for......

Greg O

I checked out Ebay when I took down my Dish Network hardware too. I finally
just set it out on the curb, with the manuals, on clean up week. I think it
was there for 5 minutes!
I think the cards are worth more than the equipment!
Greg

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away,
does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Not really. If you do a search on eBay, unless they are the Tivo-like of
HiDef receivers, they go for about 30 or 40 bucks at the most. The problem
is, they practically GIVE them away when you sign up for the service (you
know the deals where you get a dish a 4 receivers when you sign up for one
year).

You could TRY selling them on eBay. Do a search on the model you have and
see what they are going for......

John Smith

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

That's kind of what I was thinking. Ok thanks for the info Greg and Red N.

xrongor

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

did you already get rid of it? ill give you 4000$ for it and pay
shipping...

randy

NotMe

I don't know about the Dish stuff, but our DirecTV equipment (dish, 3
receivers, and installation) was free after mail-in rebates, so the old
stuff has little or no real value.

Perce

On 12/05/04 09:30 pm John Smith tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away, does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Red Neckerson

"NotMe" wrote

I don't know about the Dish stuff, but our DirecTV equipment (dish, 3
receivers, and installation) was free after mail-in rebates, so the old
stuff has little or no real value.

There are people out there that may want the dish itself. I have a buddy
that made a adjustable bracket for his camper so all he has to do is bring
one of his receivers from home when he goes out on the road.

JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

"John Smith" wrote in message
We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away,
does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

It depends on what model the receiver is,
some have a chip that can be tweaked to get all the channels illegally and
they go for $$$$ on eBay
two coworkers of mine each sold their units on eBay and each got around $275
(these are not the type with the recorder built in)
others without that specific chip are as good as junk, for the reasons that
others have stated

J Kelly

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:30:29 GMT, "John Smith" wrote:

We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the
roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away, does
anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Email me the model numbers, I may have a use for them. While they
give away equipment to new subs, any existing sub (like me) that needs
a new receiver generally get screwed.