Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

Stephen wrote:

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 00:52:29 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

I've been recommended 30-40% aloe vera gel. Apparently it leaves
little residue and is not too sticky, but does make the alcohol solution
more viscous and reduce its vapour pressure.

What ratio of isopropyl alcohol to aloe vera gel would you use?

I am told of a recommendation for 3:2 but I really have no idea what the
evidence is. 60-70% alcohol seems common for hand gels.

--

Roger Hayter