Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

"michael adams" wrote in message

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
michael adams submitted this idea :
So they wash/clean their hands how often ?

Every time they touch something ?

Otherwise what's the point ?

Or is the claim that frequent washing of the hands somehow
builds up immunity for future touches ?

Idea is if you have touched a suspect surface,

And how exactly do you identify a suspect surface ?

Aren't all surfaces in public places susceptible to
contamination by potential carriers ?

That's the point.

The virus can last on hard surfaces for up to ten minutes

It appears to be for a lot longer than that in fact.

The recent singapore report is that with just one of
the 3 infected individuals who had no symptoms, it even
ended up where they kept the fancy protection gear.

and so the coughers and sneezers could be well gone before you come on the
scene, leaving all their spores behind.

And they don’t have to be coughers or
sneezers either as that individual proves.

Maybe you have to carry a backpack of the stuff around with you like they
do with weedkiller sprays.

As It happens while walking along the road this morning I saw my first

" Woman at a bus stop getting out a bottle of pink stuff from her bag and
rubbing her hands with it". Presumably *before getting on a bus*.

I was almost tempted to walk over the road, join the queue behind her and
start coughing loudly.

Bit of a risk of getting kicked to death now.

As it happens because of the exposure and proximity values which have been
suggested, 15 mins 2 metres the supposition now is that a lot of
contamination will actually take place within families.

And ski lodges, conferences and cruise ships in spades.

Everyone knows that cruise pax **** like rabbits.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...al-distancing/