Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

On 05/03/2020 10:17, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'm going to just use fairy liquid. IPA dries skin out, not what you really
want to do, the skin will crack.
Brian

'tain't going to work. All the advice is that 60% alcohol content is needed

But, of course, you only need the alcohol if you haven't got running
water available to wash your hands. The gel is sufficiently unpleasant
that it is best to wash your hands as soon as possible to remove the
residue.

Yes, I'd taken Brian's comment as referring to a home-made hand wash
when out of the home.
On a recent shopping trip I was conscious of all the things that had to
be touched, ending with the car door and steering wheel. Unless we start
wearing surgical gloves it's hard to see how gels and hand washing will
make much difference unless everyone does it ... and many people won't.
I was surprised that a young junior doctor friend said that they were
not changing anything about the way they act. To quote an old TV
character, with a Scots accent: "we're doomed!"