Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I am a complete ******* to those apprentices

On Sunday, 22 December 2019 18:00:32 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do
a bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do
a bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

But doesnt require an apprenticeship with formal education on how to do it,
stupid.

Same with rounding up trolleys in the supermarket
car park, running a cash register, etc etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 19:46:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

But doesnąt require an apprenticeship with formal education on how to do it,
stupid.

Same with rounding up trolleys in the supermarket
car park, running a cash register, etc etc etc.

Or your insipid trolling on Usenet, you abnormal trolling senile pest from
Oz!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

I suspect many of Adam's apprentices couldn't tell the difference between an orange and a satsuma, or how to read a sell-by date.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/12/2019 18:00, Max Demian wrote:
On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do
a bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

I could not get a 15 year old apprentice on site last year even though
he was legally allowed to leave school.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

The system tells you where that item goes in the
store too so that when the automatic system that
delivers stuff to replace what has been sold to the
particular store, you just take it on the trolley from the
back of the store to the shelf locati9on where it goes.

I suspect many of Adam's apprentices couldn't tell
the difference between an orange and a satsuma,

Trivially fixed by having a decent picture. And no
need for an apprenticeship for shelf stackers.

Three of my mates have done that job and neither
had any apprenticeship to be able to do that job.

or how to read a sell-by date.

The system tells you which to remove from the shelves now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 15:18:37 UTC, ARW wrote:
The reason they are asked to fetch the cable from the van vault is
because that is where the LSF has been placed, on purpose, so that they
can fetch LSF and not PVC that is in the back of the van.

Isn't LSF white now, and PVC grey?

As well as being embossed all along the sheath?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 18:11:52 UTC, ARW wrote:
As well as being embossed all along the sheath?

Do you really want to start using words such as embossed to the thick ****s?

Mea culpa.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

[...]

Bloody hell have you seen how many are expected to work for free on a
Traineeship?

Now I put in my post code into gov.uk and most of the positions offered
are by The British Heart Foundation.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do a
bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

That mangles the real story. You are in fact free to veg
out in front of the TV at home if you want to do that.
You just dont get any benefits from the state if you do.

They dont frog march you off to jail if you choose to do that.

I could not get a 15 year old apprentice on site last year even though he
was legally allowed to leave school.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do
a bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

Not long ago, there was a 16 year-old (a Sikh boy I think) who was hot
on computer software design. At 16 he ran his own company, had 20-odd
employees and was a multi-millionaire. He was not allowed to leave
school, as directing his own company full-time was not considered as
"education or training."

While the rules may make sense for the many, there needs to be a more
human assessment and decision making, with flexibility, for individual
cases and circumstances.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2019 11:17, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Sunday, 22 December 2019 20:22:51 UTC, tim...Â* wrote:
they should stop apprenticeships for jobs that don't require extensive
training

But they can pay apprentices a special lower minimum wage ...

you surprise me

Not!

tim

While (decent) apprentices can do useful work and bring in money for
their "employer," they are also receiving training and that costs the
employer money - hence they are worth far less to an employer than a
fully trained and experienced employee. It is hardly surprising that
they receive a lower rate (minimum ÂŁ3.90 per hour).

Similarly, the normal minimum wage varies with age (ÂŁ4.35 for under 18s,
ÂŁ6.15 for A-level leavers aged 18 to 20, ÂŁ7.70 for 20 to 24 year olds
and ÂŁ8.21 for everyone else), - specifically to help younger employees.

Many employers would not want to employ a 16 year-old, with no
experience and no employment history, when for the same money, they
could take on an experienced employee, with references and a proven
reliability.

It makes sense, except for the aged 20 to 24 band - surely they have had
time to gain some experience or have been in further or higher education
and should be worth as much as the "adult" rate?

As it happens, my son (16) is in lower 6th and has just obtained part
time employment (13 hours over 4 evenings a week) at ÂŁ9 an hour. In his
case, the money is not required, but it is great experience, good for
his CV and nice for him to have some money that he has actually earned
for himself - he took great delight in buying birthday and Christmas
presents for myself and my wife, knowing that it was entirely his money.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 18:11:52 UTC, ARW wrote:
As well as being embossed all along the sheath?

Do you really want to start using words such as embossed to the thick
****s?

Mea culpa.

You do have to wonder about someone
who doesnt bother to have explained
to an apprentice what the difference
between those two cables is so he can
tell him to get a roll of the cable he
wants from the van and resorts to
putting the rolls of one type in the vault.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 24/12/2019 18:36, wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 18:11:52 UTC, ARW wrote:
As well as being embossed all along the sheath?
Do you really want to start using words such as embossed to the thick
****s?

Mea culpa.

Just looked up traineeships

https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...eeship/-432123

Thats a different problem tho. Clearly many supermarkets
etc would prefer to employ those who have a certificate
from a course like that than to take someone straight out
of school and provide that very basic training themselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 21:35:57 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
You do have to wonder about someone
who doesnt bother to have explained
to an apprentice what the difference
between those two cables is so he can
tell him to get a roll of the cable he
wants from the van and resorts to
putting the rolls of one type in the vault.

I'm sure Adam's either tried to explain, or already realised it would be a waste of breath.

At kindergarten we used to have picture stickers on our coat pegs because we couldn't read our names (Well, some kids couldn't, I think I could); maybe Adam should try that with cables.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You do have to wonder about someone
who doesnt bother to have explained
to an apprentice what the difference
between those two cables is so he can
tell him to get a roll of the cable he
wants from the van and resorts to
putting the rolls of one type in the vault.

I'm sure Adam's either tried to explain, or
already realised it would be a waste of breath.

Then that apprentice should be sacked.

At kindergarten we used to have picture
stickers on our coat pegs because we
couldn't read our names (Well, some
kids couldn't, I think I could); maybe
Adam should try that with cables.

Makes more sense to sack apprentices that
hopeless and to have a decent system that
ensure that you dont have those so hopeless
in the first place. The cost must be stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

On 24/12/2019 18:36,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 18:11:52 UTC, ARW wrote:
As well as being embossed all along the sheath?
Do you really want to start using words such as embossed to the thick ****s?

Mea culpa.

Just looked up traineeships

https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...eeship/-432123

Well, they're not very good at proof reading, are they?

"This Traineeship opportunity is a unpaid Work Experience
placement ..."

--

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs and
the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting, then

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

[...]

that's because it's a charity

why vacancies are clustered around your area is not clear

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs
and the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting,
then

Bet it was actually due to some other
stupid who picked up the premium one,
decided that it was too expensive and
pit it back on the shelf in the wrong place.

Even a multi year apprenticeship for shelf
stackers isnt going to fix that problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's NEW YEAR, 10:52 in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and Trolling ALL NIGHT LONG, again!!!!

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 10:52:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

10:52 am in Australia? And you STILL couldn't go to bed, you lonely senile
pest? Serves you right for being a senile pest! LOL

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs
and the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting,
then

Bet it was actually due to some other
stupid who picked up the premium one,
decided that it was too expensive and
pit it back on the shelf in the wrong place.

there were two (almost) completely full "crates" at the position

Even a multi year apprenticeship for shelf
stackers isnt going to fix that problem.

Cynics will claim that supermarkets do it deliberately ,hoping that you
don't notice the price difference at the checkout

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for this
occurrence

but on this occasion, the staff member decided that I should have worked out
for myself that the item I picked up wasn't the one on the label and wasn't
having any of that. And as I am not a council TS official there wasn't much
I could do about that (except take my business elsewhere)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/01/2020 09:08, tim... wrote:

snip

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for this
occurrence

my seasonal response to that is "Oh no they can't!"

see eg
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-the-wrong-price/

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs
and the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting,
then

Bet it was actually due to some other
stupid who picked up the premium one,
decided that it was too expensive and
pit it back on the shelf in the wrong place.

there were two (almost) completely full "crates" at the position

But were they full of the premium eggs.

And even if they were, all that means
is that the wrong shelf label was there.

Doesnt mean it makes any sense at all
to have full multi year apprenticeships
for shelf stackers.

Even a multi year apprenticeship for shelf
stackers isnt going to fix that problem.

Cynics will claim that supermarkets do it deliberately , hoping that you
don't notice the price difference at the checkout

With ours, if you show them that that happened,
you get the item for the price on the shelf label
as long as it isnt due to a shop customer putting
the item back in the wrong place after picking it up.

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for this
occurrence

Ours do that voluntarily.

but on this occasion, the staff member decided that I should have worked
out for myself that the item I picked up wasn't the one on the label and
wasn't having any of that.

And that makes sense when the shelf
label describes the item properly.

And as I am not a council TS official there wasn't much I could do about
that (except take my business elsewhere)

And you were obviously free to do that and not use their stores again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 21:24:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

But were they full of the premium eggs.

What are you now quarrelling and smartassing about, senile pest? Eggs? LOL

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs
and the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting,
then

Bet it was actually due to some other
stupid who picked up the premium one,
decided that it was too expensive and
pit it back on the shelf in the wrong place.

there were two (almost) completely full "crates" at the position

But were they full of the premium eggs.

****ing hell

OF COURSE

Are you taking me for a complete idiot (I'm know that I'm part way there for
even bothering to converse with you)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Robin" wrote in message
On 01/01/2020 09:08, tim... wrote:

snip

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for this
occurrence

my seasonal response to that is "Oh no they can't!"

see eg
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-the-wrong-price/

I'm well aware of the rule for individual items

but the point about the supermarket is that nobody (except me) checks each
item as it is scanned through, so many end up getting fooled by this
underhand trick

So there really should be some punishment for the supermarket when they do
it (deliberately or accidentally)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/01/2020 15:24, tim... wrote:

"Robin" wrote in message
On 01/01/2020 09:08, tim... wrote:

snip

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for
this occurrence

my seasonal response to that is "Oh no they can't!"

see eg
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-the-wrong-price/

I'm well aware of the rule for individual items

but the point about the supermarket is that nobody (except me) checks
each item as it is scanned through, so many end up getting fooled by
this underhand trick

So there really should be some punishment for the supermarket when they
do it (deliberately or accidentally)

There is provision for that. As the CA have in the link I gave: "If you
feel that the shop is deliberately misleading people, you can report
them to Trading Standards." That can result in a prosecution - eg for
Unfair Trading. What I am not aware of is any way it can lead to the
seller being "forced to sell the item at the shelf price".

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet
paper bag and you made a complete fool of
yourself when you claimed that the wrong
shelf label had anything to do with the
any knowledge required by shelf stackers.

Even you as a shelf stacker could wave
the hand held device at the shelf label
and one of the items and see if the
shelf label matches the items there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 06:57:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet
paper bag

YOU certainly KEEP bull****ting your way FAST into your grave, you abnormal
lonely senile pest!