Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default I am a complete ******* to those apprentices

On 01/01/2020 15:24, tim... wrote:

"Robin" wrote in message
On 01/01/2020 09:08, tim... wrote:

snip

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for
this occurrence

my seasonal response to that is "Oh no they can't!"

see eg
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-the-wrong-price/

I'm well aware of the rule for individual items

but the point about the supermarket is that nobody (except me) checks
each item as it is scanned through, so many end up getting fooled by
this underhand trick

So there really should be some punishment for the supermarket when they
do it (deliberately or accidentally)

There is provision for that. As the CA have in the link I gave: "If you
feel that the shop is deliberately misleading people, you can report
them to Trading Standards." That can result in a prosecution - eg for
Unfair Trading. What I am not aware of is any way it can lead to the
seller being "forced to sell the item at the shelf price".

--
Robin