Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Carpentry Math for Second-Level Apprentices

I'm teaching carpentry math for second-level apprentices
somewhere in Western Canada (I hope that's specific enough).
I give really tough math tests that make my students think. Which is
fine
for term tests but not what they need for their final exam. Is there
anyone
out there who would like to make a deal with me to compose ordinary,
four-choice multiple choice carpentry math questions suitable for
second
level? I'll pay $20.00 cash for anyone who sends me 10 decent sample
questions, and make a deal if possible for a whole package. Hope to
get some help on this,

Marty

Posted to rec.woodworking

Marty,

Can you give an example of the type of math a second-level apprentice would
see?

What age group is second-level?

"Jewish Cowboy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm teaching carpentry math for second-level apprentices
somewhere in Western Canada (I hope that's specific enough).
I give really tough math tests that make my students think. Which is
fine
for term tests but not what they need for their final exam. Is there
anyone
out there who would like to make a deal with me to compose ordinary,
four-choice multiple choice carpentry math questions suitable for
second
level? I'll pay $20.00 cash for anyone who sends me 10 decent sample
questions, and make a deal if possible for a whole package. Hope to
get some help on this,

Marty

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

Try this
www.eruditepublishing.com
They have carpentry test for most construction sections.
Lou

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Lou. I'll check that one out. But I don't really need a good
test for HIRING carpenters. I need a very standard run-of-the mill
math test for a specific level in the Carpentry Apprenticeship
program. I guess it's a bit of an oddball request.

Marty

Lou wrote:
Try this
www.eruditepublishing.com
They have carpentry test for most construction sections.
Lou

Posted to rec.woodworking

Canada? That's metric right? Here's one...

Q: Why did they round-down plywood thickness to metric sizes, but
didn't bother to change the 4x8 dimensions to metric?

(a) To rip people off because they didn't think we'd notice the
thickness change (but would have noticed that the thing
couln't span the distance anymore)

(b) To sell a whole new sets of router bits with weird sizes
because we stopped buying that "bronze router bits can be
sharpened to a finer edge" line and carbide bits last too long

(c) To sell another edition of standards/building manuals with
updated tables, and explanations of how it's still just
as structurally sound.

(d) All of the above.