Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default I am a complete ******* to those apprentices

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 07:38:00 UTC, harry wrote:
Which jobs are those?
Digging holes, sweeping up?
I 'spect some knowledge is needed even to shelf-fill.

A lot of knowledge is needed to shelf-fill.

Nope, just wave the handheld device at the label
on the shelf or if that has got removed, scan one
of the items to produce a new shelf label.

that'll be why today, I got premium eggs when I picked up standard eggs
and the checkout wanted to charge me double the price I was expecting,
then

Bet it was actually due to some other
stupid who picked up the premium one,
decided that it was too expensive and
pit it back on the shelf in the wrong place.

there were two (almost) completely full "crates" at the position

Even a multi year apprenticeship for shelf
stackers isnt going to fix that problem.

Cynics will claim that supermarkets do it deliberately ,hoping that you
don't notice the price difference at the checkout

they can be (FSVO) forced to sell the item at the shelf price for this
occurrence

but on this occasion, the staff member decided that I should have worked out
for myself that the item I picked up wasn't the one on the label and wasn't
having any of that. And as I am not a council TS official there wasn't much
I could do about that (except take my business elsewhere)

tim