Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default I am a complete ******* to those apprentices

On 22/12/2019 18:00, Max Demian wrote:
On 22/12/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message

Just an apprentice who doesn't want to be an apprentice I would have
thought.

It isn't always that black and white and sure, there will always
be some who would rather put their hand out to the state for
benefits instead of getting a decent trade so they dont have to.

the rules in the UK have changed

Basically you can still leave school at 16, if you have an
apprenticeship to go to, otherwise you stay in education until 18.

there is no "signing on" alternative to an apprenticeship

And you can't even start full time work (in England). That's stupid.
There must be plenty of teenagers who would like to work rather than do
a bogus (and unnecessary) apprenticeship for a job that anyone can do.

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

I could not get a 15 year old apprentice on site last year even though
he was legally allowed to leave school.

--
Adam