Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:48 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:48:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

03:48 in Australia? AGAIN? Do you know NO shame AT ALL, you abnormal senile
troll? But then, which psychopath would know ANY shame, eh, senile Rodent?

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A little light relief

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:12:41 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 10/11/2019 09:18, nightjar wrote:

No deep fried haggis?

Only if in batter!

My wife had that once. It took 20 minutes for reverse thrust to take
effect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 17:59:55 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
No deep fried haggis?

Only if in batter!

My wife had that once. It took 20 minutes for reverse thrust to take
effect.

Nothing wrong with a good battered haggis.

Or a battered black pudding.

Just realised how much I shall miss Scottish chip shops if I move back to England.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2019 10:37, mm0fmf wrote:
Let the supermarkets do that before I've paid their profits.

You already have paid. Everything is priced to pay for the overall
waste, theft and running costs.

Even more reason to seek out the freshest stock

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:53:52 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 17:59:55 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
No deep fried haggis?
Only if in batter!

My wife had that once. It took 20 minutes for reverse thrust to take
effect.

Nothing wrong with a good battered haggis.

Or a battered black pudding.

In general, no. This one just had too much free fat trapped in the
coating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2019 22:52, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:53:52 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 17:59:55 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
No deep fried haggis?
Only if in batter!
My wife had that once. It took 20 minutes for reverse thrust to take
effect.

Nothing wrong with a good battered haggis.

Or a battered black pudding.

In general, no. This one just had too much free fat trapped in the
coating.

So very tempting.
Trying to decide between battered haggis, battered black pudding or casu
marzu.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
Let the supermarkets do that before I've paid their profits.

You already have paid. Everything is priced to pay for the overall
waste, theft and running costs.

Then it's not going to make any difference to them taking the longest
dated stuff. Only to me.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
Let the supermarkets do that before I've paid their profits.

You already have paid. Everything is priced to pay for the overall
waste, theft and running costs.

Then it's not going to make any difference to them taking the longest
dated stuff. Only to me.

No difference if you steal stuff if it's already priced in.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2019 17:02, Max Demian wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* mm0fmf wrote:
Let the supermarkets do that before I've paid their profits.
You already have paid. Everything is priced to pay for the overall
waste, theft and running costs.

Then it's not going to make any difference to them taking the longest
dated stuff. Only to me.

No difference if you steal stuff if it's already priced in.

That's just straight theft.

Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common sense.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common
sense.

True. Perhaps those who don't want this just have it delivered?

--
*CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 14:34:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common
sense.

True. Perhaps those who don't want this just have it delivered?

True, but I also look for BOGOF and similar deals rather than just
assuming the asking price is the right price or the cheapest.
Plus I get those annoying vouchers through the post that are sometimes worth looking at, which give you a discount or added reward points.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet wrote:
Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common
sense.

True. Perhaps those who don't want this just have it delivered?

True, but I also look for BOGOF and similar deals rather than just
assuming the asking price is the right price or the cheapest.
Plus I get those annoying vouchers through the post that are sometimes worth looking at, which give you a discount or added reward points.

You can still get the freshest BOGOFs with your discount vouchers.

I think the delivery pickers take all the oldest stuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet wrote:
Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common
sense.

True. Perhaps those who don't want this just have it delivered?

True, but I also look for BOGOF and similar deals rather than just
assuming the asking price is the right price or the cheapest.
Plus I get those annoying vouchers through the post that are sometimes worth looking at, which give you a discount or added reward points.

Be aware that BOGOF deals are usually paid for by the supplier, not the
supermarket. The supplier generally has little say in it, apart
from when their continuous manufacturing operation is out of kilter
with what the public is buying.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sunday, 10 November 2019 11:51:01 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
TINNED Haggis???

It is probably farmed.
Wild haggis is the best.

Yes, I think the way they force the baby haggi into little tubes so they
grow cylindrically to fit into the tins is a bit cruel.

Like those square pigs they slice up for sandwich ham.

Owain

That was the EU rules the Remainers want to keep. You should see the
little square pigs in some EU countries ;-)

As for the little baby haggi, why do you think the Scots voted the Remain?

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:56:05 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 23:11:46 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 09/11/2019 19:44, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 19:39:17 UTC, nightjar wrote:
I'm trying, and failing, to think of any circumstances in which I
might buy 72 tins of haggis. :-)

The circumstances were they were about 35p each (normally £1.50).

Haggis marinara Haggis risotto Haggis pizza

Owain

I thought haggis came in a sheeps stomach, not in a tin ?.

Traditionally the €˜skin was a sheeps stomach but these days it tends
to be some an (often non-edible) alternative. The tin stuff is the
ultimate sacrilege ;-) (and Im not even Scottish).

I used to travel to Edinburgh quite a bit, and would always visit
MacSweens to get a consignment of haggis over the counter.

They showed up well on the airport X-ray - I always thought they
resembled grenades.

Ive often thought the security people at airports must see some
peculiar things in luggage.

Senior Management was regularly stopped when she used to fly to
Brussels. Her hair dryer- a small one for traveling- apparently looked
like a gun.

My worst one wasn't a specific item.

Some years ago, SWMBO was giving a paper at a conference in Sydney. The
plan was to meet up in Vancouver after her conference (I have relatives
there), as she had a round-the-world ticket. I had examiners' meetings
booked so I couldn't go with her.

An exams officer cocked up a load of marks and it all had to be
postponed. So I managed to change my return ticket to Vancouver so I went
via Sydney, phoned her guest house so that they could make up some story
about moving her to a double room because of overbooking (they were quite
convincing apparently), and off I went.

I travel light anyway (I wear mostly Rohan gear), and there were things I
didn't need to duplicate in my own luggage. So my suitcase was about
10kg. Arrived at Heathrow, and it was immediately diverted for a security
scan. I got a detailed one too.

On arrival at Sydney, I was pulled aside for an 'interview' and my
luggage was searched *very* thoroughly. The perils of travelling light.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 23:11:51 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, 10 November 2019 11:51:01 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
TINNED Haggis???
It is probably farmed.
Wild haggis is the best.

Yes, I think the way they force the baby haggi into little tubes so they
grow cylindrically to fit into the tins is a bit cruel.

Like those square pigs they slice up for sandwich ham.

Owain

That was the EU rules the Remainers want to keep. You should see the
little square pigs in some EU countries ;-)

As for the little baby haggi, why do you think the Scots voted the Remain?

So they could decide on the age of consent for a hassis ? without EU intervention .

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2019 11:28, Bob Eager wrote:
I travel light anyway (I wear mostly Rohan gear), and there were things I
didn't need to duplicate in my own luggage. So my suitcase was about
10kg. Arrived at Heathrow, and it was immediately diverted for a security
scan. I got a detailed one too.

You need deep pockets to buy Rohan clothing these days :-(

22 types of mens trousers, now including 'jeans' (*) but no
more Uplanders for some reason. My 25-YO pair are getting
tired.

(*) The very thing that the original Rohan founders despised
and the reason why the developed their own easy-dry fabrics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 13/11/2019 11:28, Bob Eager wrote:
I travel light anyway (I wear mostly Rohan gear), and there were things
I didn't need to duplicate in my own luggage. So my suitcase was about
10kg. Arrived at Heathrow, and it was immediately diverted for a
security scan. I got a detailed one too.

You need deep pockets to buy Rohan clothing these days :-(

I always wait for their sales.

22 types of mens trousers, now including 'jeans' (*) but no
more Uplanders for some reason. My 25-YO pair are getting
tired.

(*) The very thing that the original Rohan founders despised
and the reason why the developed their own easy-dry fabrics.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2019 08:56, Brian Reay wrote:

Ive often thought the security people at airports must see some peculiar
things in luggage.

Senior Management was regularly stopped when she used to fly to Brussels.
Her hair dryer - a small one for traveling- apparently looked like a gun.

A smarter traveller, after the first incident of this kind, would avoid
further 'stops' by buying a travel hair-dryer that didn't look like a
gun, rather than keep suffering the inconvenience.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
I think the delivery pickers take all the oldest stuff.

I'd be most surprised if they didn't. Although not sure where they get the
stuff from - a local store, or a central warehouse where you'd assume most
things are 'fresher' than in the stores?

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:35:31 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 13/11/2019 11:28, Bob Eager wrote:
I travel light anyway (I wear mostly Rohan gear), and there were things
didn't need to duplicate in my own luggage. So my suitcase was about
10kg. Arrived at Heathrow, and it was immediately diverted for a
security scan. I got a detailed one too.

You need deep pockets to buy Rohan clothing these days :-(

I think you always did. But they last a long time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Although not sure where they get the
stuff from

Don't you ever visit supermarkets?

There are always teams of pickers roaming my local supermarket with
hand-held terminals and a trolley with 6-8 baskets on it. Lots of
consult hand-held (tells them row, shelf, item), scan it, scan barcode
on basket on trolley, place it in basket. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The items come from the shelves, mainly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2019 13:55, Spike wrote:
On 13/11/2019 08:56, Brian Reay wrote:

Ive often thought the security people at airports must see some peculiar
things in luggage.

Senior Management was regularly stopped when she used to fly to Brussels.
Her hair dryer - a small one for traveling- apparently looked like a gun.

A smarter traveller, after the first incident of this kind, would avoid
further 'stops' by buying a travel hair-dryer that didn't look like a
gun, rather than keep suffering the inconvenience.

Or they could use their diplomatic passport and not get stopped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
Although not sure where they get the
stuff from

Don't you ever visit supermarkets?

There are always teams of pickers roaming my local supermarket with
hand-held terminals and a trolley with 6-8 baskets on it. Lots of
consult hand-held (tells them row, shelf, item), scan it, scan barcode
on basket on trolley, place it in basket. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not at my local one.

--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
I think the delivery pickers take all the oldest stuff.

I'd be most surprised if they didn't.

I don't think they do any more. Probably too many people were finding
problems like we did - order food for a week and find that everything
had to be used within 3 days! We stopped using home delivery or click
and collect for quite a while because of it.

There seems to be a much better product life now, but whether they are
just picking randomly or deliberately picking fresher products, I don't
know.

Even with click and collect, they warn (Tesco) if some items only have
a short life remaining, before you take them.

Although not sure where they get the
stuff from - a local store, or a central warehouse where you'd assume most
things are 'fresher' than in the stores?

Some from the back of the store before it goes out to the shelves and
some from the shelves, if they are similar to our various local stores.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:33:32 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
I think the delivery pickers take all the oldest stuff.

I'd be most surprised if they didn't.

I don't think they do any more. Probably too many people were finding
problems like we did - order food for a week and find that everything
had to be used within 3 days! We stopped using home delivery or click
and collect for quite a while because of it.

Ocado product life seems excellent, probably because of the shorter
supply chain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet wrote:
I think the delivery pickers take all the oldest stuff.

I'd be most surprised if they didn't.

I don't think they do any more. Probably too many people were finding
problems like we did - order food for a week and find that everything
had to be used within 3 days! We stopped using home delivery or click
and collect for quite a while because of it.

Ocado product life seems excellent, probably because of the shorter
supply chain.

Tesco seems fine these days. It was just in the early days of home
delivery and click and collect that there seemed to be problems.

SteveW

Light relief Muddymike UK diy 15 May 21st 16 07:46 PM
George! You'll mould units. Little by little, I'll cover the frog. Chris Friesen Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 08:31 AM
Little by little, Susanne never cleans until Jonnie nibbles the tired boat absolutely. Sis Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 07:28 AM
Little by little, Norma never teases until Ann behaves the new tailor eerily. Steve DeMars Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 12:34 AM
OT a little: How do you get those funky strain relief connectors off a table saw switch Clint Woodworking 4 November 1st 05 12:34 AM