Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default A little light relief

On 12/11/2019 23:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 23:11:46 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 09/11/2019 19:44, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 19:39:17 UTC, nightjar wrote:
I'm trying, and failing, to think of any circumstances in which I
might buy 72 tins of haggis. :-)

The circumstances were they were about 35p each (normally £1.50).

Haggis marinara Haggis risotto Haggis pizza

Owain

I thought haggis came in a sheeps stomach, not in a tin ?.

Traditionally the €˜skin was a sheeps stomach but these days it tends
to be some an (often non-edible) alternative. The tin stuff is the
ultimate sacrilege ;-) (and Im not even Scottish).

I used to travel to Edinburgh quite a bit, and would always visit
MacSweens to get a consignment of haggis over the counter.

They showed up well on the airport X-ray - I always thought they
resembled grenades.

And some people might say, just as dangerous, liable to explode
without warning :-)