Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default A little light relief

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 23:11:46 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 09/11/2019 19:44, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 19:39:17 UTC, nightjar wrote:
I'm trying, and failing, to think of any circumstances in which I
might buy 72 tins of haggis. :-)

The circumstances were they were about 35p each (normally £1.50).

Haggis marinara Haggis risotto Haggis pizza

Owain

I thought haggis came in a sheeps stomach, not in a tin ?.

Traditionally the €˜skin was a sheeps stomach but these days it tends
to be some an (often non-edible) alternative. The tin stuff is the
ultimate sacrilege ;-) (and Im not even Scottish).

I used to travel to Edinburgh quite a bit, and would always visit
MacSweens to get a consignment of haggis over the counter.

They showed up well on the airport X-ray - I always thought they
resembled grenades.

Ive often thought the security people at airports must see some peculiar
things in luggage.

Senior Management was regularly stopped when she used to fly to Brussels.
Her hair dryer- a small one for traveling- apparently looked like a gun.