Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?

The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do you mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do you mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

No, not really, I did find them when I looked at ScrewStation. They
look like what to me is a 'back door' lock.

What my M-I-L's house has is a complete integrated lock and handles
with handles both inside and outside. It 'looks right' on a front
door too.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

like these?

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do you mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

No, not really, I did find them when I looked at ScrewStation. They
look like what to me is a 'back door' lock.

What my M-I-L's house has is a complete integrated lock and handles
with handles both inside and outside. It 'looks right' on a front
door too.

This is *something* like what I'm after:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOOR-HAND...W/261820150456

Though I'd prefer something a bit more 'front door' like, probably
with shorter stubbier handles.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:

This is *something* like what I'm after:

It it for a uPVC door, or a traditional door?

I you search for lever/pad door handles you should get some (or
offset/pad if you want to force use of a key instead of handle to open
from outside)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

or offset/pad if you want to force use of a key instead of handle to
open from outside

aka "split spindle"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do you
mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

Owain

They certainly used (c. a century ago) to use latches without the
separate lock, so that would be neater, and I am sure still available.
But why not just used a mortised door latch as used on internal doors
nowadays?
--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

This is *something* like what I'm after:

It it for a uPVC door, or a traditional door?

I you search for lever/pad door handles you should get some (or
offset/pad if you want to force use of a key instead of handle to open
from outside)

It's for a wooden door to replace the existing night latch. I
explicitly *don't* want to force the use of a key, that's the whole
point of changing. I want it to be possible to open the front door
easily from the outside when it's not locked so we can use it to go in
and out during the day (what a concept, going in and out through a
door!).

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

like these?

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

Sort of, though I'd prefer a small lever to a knob and don't really
need/want the ability to lock with the 'tab' inside.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:

I want it to be possible to open the front door
easily from the outside when it's not locked so we can use it to go in
and out during the day (what a concept, going in and out through a
door!).

As a matter of habit, I check on the way out whether I have my keys in
my pocket, if not and if I'm not going far) I put the "snick" on the
lock ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do you
mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

Owain

They certainly used (c. a century ago) to use latches without the
separate lock, so that would be neater, and I am sure still available.
But why not just used a mortised door latch as used on internal doors
nowadays?

We could probably do that but the handle and outside hardware need to
be weatherproof.

I just fancy something like a night latch type handle both inside and
outside with the ability to lock it with a 'yale type' key if
necessary.

At present to allow us to go in and out there are three options:-

Leave the door open, fine during the summer but it's getting cold
again now.

Set the night latch 'snib' to prevent it latching, OK except that
the dog pushes it open and doesn't close it behind her! :-)

Leave a key in the door, OK'ish but it's not particurly handy for
rushing in and out and the M-I-L's fingers probably can't manage
the key now.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I want it to be possible to open the front door
easily from the outside when it's not locked so we can use it to go in
and out during the day (what a concept, going in and out through a
door!).

As a matter of habit, I check on the way out whether I have my keys in
my pocket, if not and if I'm not going far) I put the "snick" on the
lock ...

See my comment elsewhere in the thread, the dog will push the door
open and she *doesn't* close it after her! Not to mention that the
wind may also blow it open.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Robin wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

like these?

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

Sort of, though I'd prefer a small lever to a knob and don't really
need/want the ability to lock with the 'tab' inside.

Nearly there, this would do:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drenky-Styl.../dp/B07DXSCJMN

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2019 19:12, Chris Green wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

This is *something* like what I'm after:

It it for a uPVC door, or a traditional door?

I you search for lever/pad door handles you should get some (or
offset/pad if you want to force use of a key instead of handle to open
from outside)

It's for a wooden door to replace the existing night latch. I
explicitly *don't* want to force the use of a key, that's the whole
point of changing. I want it to be possible to open the front door
easily from the outside when it's not locked so we can use it to go in
and out during the day (what a concept, going in and out through a
door!).

There is a mortice and a cylinder lock on this page. The door handles
are no doubt elsewhere.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

https://www.toolstation.com/era-door-knob-set/p22182

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DJC wrote:

Â*https://www.toolstation.com/era-door-knob-set/p22182

"Suitable for interior doors"

That said, my front door had one of those fitted when I moved in (along
with a yale night latch) I don't think it would survive long in a
wrenching/snapping attack.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Are you saying you don't want a lock at all but a latch like on interior
doors?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2019 19:39, Chris Green wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Robin wrote:
[...]

Its not that difficult to find a mortice lock with latch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ERA-Fortres.../dp/B0074JFW3A
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Remember it may invalidate your insurance when some one enters and
steals the car keys.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 19:22:52 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

I want it to be possible to open the front door
easily from the outside when it's not locked so we can use it to go in
and out during the day (what a concept, going in and out through a
door!).

As a matter of habit, I check on the way out whether I have my keys in
my pocket, if not and if I'm not going far) I put the "snick" on the
lock ...

Careful! - I encountered one Yale that would drop the latch after several
uses due to being worn out. Luckily there was someone inside to open the
door.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

OH the troubles I had with this when getting a new upvc front door. Sorry we
only do the secure type, not the handled type, In the end I had to get the
company to cutout the old lock, well the new lock and put in the one I
wanted leaving gaping holes in the edge of the door and refitting a
different plate to the side. Several companies told me it was against the
rules to have a porch door as I wanted it. It reminded me of that old juke.
Sorry sir we get no call for those but you are the third person this
morning wanting it, but due to lack of demand we don't do it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The typical problem I found was that the mechanical bits that moved the
multi lock hardware around the door did not line up with the back door
version. In the end we did find one that was the same but it seems to be
such a minefield for the uninitiated. The old If I were going there , aid's
not start from here problem.
They like to make as much in situ as possible which is fine till you want
to change the spec.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Robin wrote:
[...]

Yes, OK, but there don't seem to be any front door type handles to go
with this sort of lock. All I can see look like the door handles I
have on internal doors and they just look odd and rather flimsy for a
front door.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DJC wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

https://www.toolstation.com/era-door-knob-set/p22182

"Suitable for interior door", i.e. the finish won't survive long on
the outside of the front door.

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

Yes, I think we'd found that somewhere else in the thread too. It's
OK but I'd prefer short handles instead of the knobs and there's no
need for the tab locking device inside.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Are you saying you don't want a lock at all but a latch like on interior
doors?

Not really. The front door on my M-I-L's house has a single
integrated front door lock and handle. It has a Yale type key to lock
it and stubby handles both inside and outside. You can't lock it or
unlock it without the key, if it's unlocked it stays that way and you
can go in and out using the handles, if it's locked with the key then
it's locked from the outside, I can't remember if it's still possible
to open it from the inside when 'locked'.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Remember it may invalidate your insurance when some one enters and
steals the car keys.

Not a serious issue where we live, first problem would be for the
thief to *find* the car keys, they aren't kept near the front door.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
OH the troubles I had with this when getting a new upvc front door. Sorry we
only do the secure type, not the handled type, In the end I had to get the
company to cutout the old lock, well the new lock and put in the one I
wanted leaving gaping holes in the edge of the door and refitting a
different plate to the side.

So there *are* such things and people actually want them! I'm not in
a minority of one. :-)

Several companies told me it was against the
rules to have a porch door as I wanted it.

What rules one wonders?

It reminded me of that old juke.
Sorry sir we get no call for those but you are the third person this
morning wanting it, but due to lack of demand we don't do it.

We regularly get that at the local Tesco: why have you run out of
'xxxx' again? Answer: because of the high demand. Don't they notice
that they have sold out, frequently?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Robin wrote:
[...]

You need to find an "Architectural Ironmonger". They will have a good
selection of indoor & outdoor handles.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 14:03:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Bearing in mind the number of suggestions that aren't what you're
looking for, you probably won't want this either. I don't see the
handle length, which is clearly important to you, but I'll put it up
anyway http://tinyurl.com/y4r4a8oo

It's in the right ball-park but it's rather flimsier than what I
remember/have in mind. I probably need to re-visit my M-I-L's house
and take a picture of the lock there and/or find out what make it is.
Then I can at least say "I want one like this".

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

I'd be surprised if you could find such a thing that was a direct
replacement for a night latch. However, fitting such a device where the
night latch was should be possible - although you may need to fill the odd
hole.

But a night latch is usually situated higher in the door, for easy use.
Handles might look odd in the same place.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2019 11:25, Chris Green wrote:

Yes, OK, but there don't seem to be any front door type handles to go
with this sort of lock. All I can see look like the door handles I
have on internal doors and they just look odd and rather flimsy for a
front door.

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...door-furniture

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 21/10/2019 11:25, Chris Green wrote:

Yes, OK, but there don't seem to be any front door type handles to go
with this sort of lock. All I can see look like the door handles I
have on internal doors and they just look odd and rather flimsy for a
front door.

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...door-furniture

I've searched through there several times, nothing looks like an
'outdoor' handle to me.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
[...]

.... and here are some pictures, taken by my brother-in-law:-

http://isbd.uk/pictures/lock/

Sorry, you have to rotate them to the right.

"I want one like this" :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2019 16:12, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:40:58 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Chris Green wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
[...]

So it's one of these https://tinyurl.com/y35kftja or similar, plus a
lever pad handle set like one of these https://tinyurl.com/y6kbs7uv
and a standard euro lock cylinder of the appropriate make and length.

Fairly standard lock usually fitted to double glazed back doors, often
associated with a locking mechanism that extends the whole length of the
door. Back doors are often fitted with a different lock to front doors
so that you don't accidentally lock yourself out.

The handles types are usually an option when specifying/ordering a new
door.

You possibly need to order the lock and handles separately.

The lock cyclinder is a Eurolock which can take a key both sides or
alternatively a key one side and a thumb knob on the other side.

There are various options for the distance between the key and the
handle spindle.

Try googling for "double glazing door parts".

Example
https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/door-spares/

You can also get something like this (just one quick example)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-loc...-backset/4710p

BUT you then need to match dimensions for handle face-plates and check
the thickness of the Euolock whch you buy separately

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
[...]

.... and 'back doors' are usually ones that when unlocked you can go in
and out using the handle which is what I've been after. So maybe I
should be looking for a 'back door' lock.

The handles types are usually an option when specifying/ordering a new
door.

Yes, seems reasonable.

You possibly need to order the lock and handles separately.

Yes.

The lock cyclinder is a Eurolock which can take a key both sides or
alternatively a key one side and a thumb knob on the other side.

There are various options for the distance between the key and the
handle spindle.

How does that affect things? Apart from making the holes for the
bolts in the right places is there any other significance in this?

Try googling for "double glazing door parts".

Example
https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/door-spares/

You can also get something like this (just one quick example)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-loc...-backset/4710p

That looks like what I want now I understand better. If I understand
the above lock correctly:-

Both handles (indoor and outdoor) simply operate the latch.

The latch can be configured for opening either way.

The eurolock cylinder (bought separately) will lock the door using
the deadbolt which is quite independent of the latch.

The handles need to be bought separately, how easy is it to get
ones that are not a pair?

BUT you then need to match dimensions for handle face-plates and check
the thickness of the Euolock whch you buy separately

Yes, OK.

Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone, I seem to have found what
I want at last! :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2019 10:02, Chris Green wrote:

The handles need to be bought separately, how easy is it to get
ones that are not a pair?

Having never attempted to buy just handles I don't know but having a
lever style handle one side and a pad the other side is faily common so
a pair may be one of each.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2019 11:24, alan_m wrote:
On 24/10/2019 10:02, Chris Green wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â* The handles need to be bought separately, how easy is it to get
Â*Â*Â*Â* ones that are not a pair?

Having never attempted to buy just handles I don't know but having a
lever style handle one side and a pad the other side is faily common so
a pair may be one of each.

Things to watch
The type of lock you want has a single spindle so the handles on each
side need to be in the same place (The type of lock handle fitted to
front doors has two spindles and the handles are offset from each other.
This allows the handles on each side to operate the lock/latch differently)

On double glazed upvc and composite doors the outside handle face-plate
has no visible fixing screws for a thief to undo - the handle can be
fixed from inside of the door. On the inside of the door the face-plate
will have visible fixing screws which can be removed to access the
fixing screws for the front face plate. The alternative arrangement is
for a screw to go through a hole in the inside face-plate, through the
door and to screw into the back of the outside face-plate. Again nothing
for a thief to undo from outside of your property A pair of handles
will be matched for this arrangement so just be aware which is
considered to be fitted to the outside AND consider this may/will swap
for left hand or right hand opening.

As stated before the distance between the lock mechanism hole and the
spindle hole can vary so you need to carefully match each component you
purchase

https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/w...-pad-in-white/

Example of what you may be looking for
https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/w...-pad-in-white/

Note: no fixing holes in the pad face-plate so it is the outside handle
AND fitted to a door with the hinges on the right hand side when viewed
from the outside of the house. Note also: spindle is NOT included - you
will need to retain and re-use your existing spindle.
It will only fit a lock with the same handle to key mechanism distance
and where the fixings are not fouled by the lock mechanism

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2019 10:02, Chris Green wrote:

Both handles (indoor and outdoor) simply operate the latch.

This can be their only function depending on the lock. On (some) modern
double glazing locks pulling up on the handle throws additional hooks -
pulling down again releases the hooks unless the key has been turned to
lock it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otB1uEQFbh4

The latch can be configured for opening either way.

I believe so on many locks

The eurolock cylinder (bought separately) will lock the door using
the deadbolt which is quite independent of the latch.

It depends on the lock/locking mechanism but it can work the way you
want with the right selection of lock