Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

I'd be surprised if you could find such a thing that was a direct
replacement for a night latch. However, fitting such a device where the
night latch was should be possible - although you may need to fill the odd
hole.

But a night latch is usually situated higher in the door, for easy use.
Handles might look odd in the same place.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.