Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?

Chris Green wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 14:03:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

Bearing in mind the number of suggestions that aren't what you're
looking for, you probably won't want this either. I don't see the
handle length, which is clearly important to you, but I'll put it up
anyway http://tinyurl.com/y4r4a8oo

It's in the right ball-park but it's rather flimsier than what I
remember/have in mind. I probably need to re-visit my M-I-L's house
and take a picture of the lock there and/or find out what make it is.
Then I can at least say "I want one like this".

.... and here are some pictures, taken by my brother-in-law:-

http://isbd.uk/pictures/lock/

Sorry, you have to rotate them to the right.

"I want one like this" :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท