Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?

The typical problem I found was that the mechanical bits that moved the
multi lock hardware around the door did not line up with the back door
version. In the end we did find one that was the same but it seems to be
such a minefield for the uninitiated. The old If I were going there , aid's
not start from here problem.
They like to make as much in situ as possible which is fine till you want
to change the spec.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch.

Not an exact replacement for the night latch 'yale' type lock, but do
you mean rim latch?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-...cks/cat4730042

No, not really, I did find them when I looked at ScrewStation. They
look like what to me is a 'back door' lock.

What my M-I-L's house has is a complete integrated lock and handles
with handles both inside and outside. It 'looks right' on a front
door too.

This is *something* like what I'm after:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOOR-HAND...W/261820150456

Though I'd prefer something a bit more 'front door' like, probably
with shorter stubbier handles.

--
Chris Green
·