Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Front door lock complete with handles - what's it called?

DJC wrote:
On 20/10/2019 14:03, Chris Green wrote:
The existing night latch on our front door is a nuisance because
it's not possible to set it so that it can be left 'unlocked' with
easy access to go in and out without a key.

The door has (relatively) secure keyed deadlocks for when we really
want to lock up.

So I'm looking for a 'front door lock' which has handles on both
inside and outside to replace the night latch. My M-I-L's house has
one so I know such things exist but I can't find anything that looks
like what want at Screwfix or Toolstation. What should I be searching
for, maybe I have the name wrong?

https://www.toolstation.com/era-door-knob-set/p22182

"Suitable for interior door", i.e. the finish won't survive long on
the outside of the front door.

https://www.easylocks.co.uk/weiser-l...Polished~Brass

Yes, I think we'd found that somewhere else in the thread too. It's
OK but I'd prefer short handles instead of the knobs and there's no
need for the tab locking device inside.

--
Chris Green
ยท