Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Brake fluid in power steering?

On 30/5/19 2:53 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:27:23 +0100,
wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:11:59 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:56:00 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:39:18 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 12:02:33 +0100, =
wrote:
Autos have always had torque converters. Its only since dual clutch =
systems
became common in the last 15 years that they've moved away from them=
..

No, the old ones used to just jump from one gear to the next.* My Gol=
f (1998)

Umm yes, "jumping from one gear to the next" is generally how old styl=
e auto
boxes worked. They generally don't go straight from 1st to 5th.

With a torque convertor, there is no jumping.* It's like a manual
gearbo=
x with a lot of clutch slippage.

Rubbish. It depends how its built. You can have very slippy fluid
couplings
and you can have ones that feel like there's a solid connection.

I guess Rover made theirs ****. My VW, Honda, and Range Rover could
often change gear with the only way I could tell being the rev counter
and the engine pitch.* I was physically not jerked at all.

The heaps of crap you drive might only manage 250, probably because yo=
u nail
the throttle until you hit its top speed of 85mph, but most modern car=
s will
get 400 out of the tank at motorway speeds.

Define "motorway speed".* I do 100.

Nuff said.

So you're one of those retards with the slow brains that grind the
country to a halt.* Just get out of my way.

Have a look around you, how many cars are electric (and don't include
hy=
brids).* Here I'd say it was 1 in 300 at the most.* They cost more to
bu=
y, you have a huge =A35000 cost when the battery needs replacing
every 5=
years, there are **** all places to charge them, and it takes forever t=
o fill them up.* They just aren't yet a viable means of transport.

Not yet, but go back to 1819 and try to fill up a petrol or diesel
car. Coal
from the local railway wouldn't do you much good.

I'll get an electric car when it will travel as far as a petrol car,
costs me no more to run, and will fill up as fast.

In the future I daresay you will not be given the choice.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

=
wrote:
[...]

Bet we will, because anything else would be political suicide.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

Only if oil runs out, which will make life far more interesting in very aspect.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least as good as petrol cars. They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer - and battery technology is one of the things that's advancing very quickly at the moment.

However what people fail to realise is they're not cheaper to run at all. The reason electricity costs far less than petrol is the government taxes petrol like crazy. When everyone has an electric car, they'll find a way to steal the money from us again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

They'll probably have done away with democracy by then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

news

wrote:
[...]

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

and battery technology is one of the things that's advancing very quickly
at the moment.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

However what people fail to realise is they're not cheaper to run at all.
The reason electricity costs far less than petrol is the government taxes
petrol like crazy.

That mangles the real story too.

Even without the taxes on petrol, its still much more
expensive than the cheapest overnight electricity.
In spades with those who can charge their car with
the electricity from their own solar panels at home.

When everyone has an electric car, they'll find a way to steal the money
from us again.

Not possible when you generate it yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

Just another mindlessly silly fantasy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

Apparently others do since thats exactly whats happened over the last 10 years.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

And it never will - you'll simply have to put up with waiting 30 mins to
"refill" instead of 3. Get used to it.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store them
would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the
battery or the car any good over time.

When everyone has an electric car, they'll find a way to steal the money
from us again.

Not possible when you generate it yourself.

Hah, you think? Road tax will simply go through the roof. You wait and see.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

Look at the mess we have at the moment. In the UK, our government ignored our request to leave the EU. And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store them
would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the
battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

30 minutes is not feasible at all. Nevermind the inconvenience, think how big refuelling stations would have to be!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

Apparently others do since thats exactly whats happened over the last 10 years.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

And it never will - you'll simply have to put up with waiting 30 mins to
"refill" instead of 3. Get used to it.

I can charge AA batteries in 10 minutes, the charger is made by Uniross and has a cooling fan. This could easily be integrated into cars.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

Only the stupids like you ignore planes now.

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

Apparently others do since thats exactly
whats happened over the last 10 years.

Bull**** it is with the stupid cost of the batterys, how
slow they are to recharge and how long they dont last.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

And it never will - you'll simply have to put up
with waiting 30 mins to "refill" instead of 3.

Nope I wont be stupid enough to have an electric car.

Get used to it.

Get ****ed.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible

Corse it is.

the amount of space required to store them would be
ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the
connectors on the battery or the car any good over time.

That one is trivial to fix.

When everyone has an electric car, they'll find
a way to steal the money from us again.

Not possible when you generate it yourself.

Hah, you think?

I know;.

Road tax will simply go through the roof.

That would be political suicide so wont happen.

You wait and see.

Taint gunna happen. Neither is banning all but electric vehicles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

There is no mess. The UK will leave the EU eventually and that will work out
fine.

And even you should have noticed that that result was achieved by
real democracy not some edict from some self appointed stuffed shirt.

In the UK, our government ignored our request to leave the EU.

Nope, it will happen, you watch.

And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.

Someone must have voted for her for her to have ended up an MP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

Only the stupids like you ignore planes now.

Yes, lets include planes in a car discussion. Tell me, how do they get A380s
down to the MOT centre?

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

Apparently others do since thats exactly
whats happened over the last 10 years.

Bull**** it is with the stupid cost of the batterys, how
slow they are to recharge and how long they dont last.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

And it never will - you'll simply have to put up
with waiting 30 mins to "refill" instead of 3.

Nope I wont be stupid enough to have an electric car.

In 20 years - if you're not compost by then - you won't have a choice if
you're buying new. Sure, buy 2nd hand and try and keep the old nail running
on an ever decreasing pool of spare parts and fewer and fewer petrol stations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:32:47 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store them

would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the
battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

Lithium batteries don't use fluids.

30 minutes is not feasible at all. Nevermind the inconvenience, think how big
refuelling stations would have to be!

There won't be refueling stations , there'd simply be charging points
scattered around the place - in car parks, supermarkets, streets etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store them

would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the
battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

Lithium batteries don't use fluids.

Who said they had to be Lithium? There are many battery chemistries.

Anyway, I think you'll find there is gel inside Lithium batteries.

30 minutes is not feasible at all. Nevermind the inconvenience, think how big
refuelling stations would have to be!

There won't be refueling stations , there'd simply be charging points
scattered around the place - in car parks, supermarkets, streets etc etc.

Wherever they are, countless cars would be parked where they wouldn't normally be, taking up space.

The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to have a range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at home. Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no driveway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Fri, 31 May 2019 10:29:48 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:
[...]

Are you sure? And will we leave properly or with some silly deal that means we're as good as still in it?

And even you should have noticed that that result was achieved by
real democracy not some edict from some self appointed stuffed shirt.

The public was asked a question. Their answer was ignored.

And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.

Someone must have voted for her for her to have ended up an MP.

But not half the population. When we voted in the tories, it was a different prime minister.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
[...]

Bull****.

Sure, buy 2nd hand

Just keep using the current car.

and try and keep the old nail running
on an ever decreasing pool of spare parts

Thats bull**** too. My previous Golf lasted
fine for 45 years and needed **** all parts
and those parts will still be available for
the cars still sold in countrys not actually
stupid enough to ban petrol cars.

The only reason I replaced the Golf was
because I was stupid enough to not fix
the known windscreen leak that could
produce a wet floor until it eventually
rusted the floor thru and could no
longer be registered for that reason;.

Mate of mine restored a 1940s Wolseley
and it still works fine.

Another restored a 1920s Chev that was
just a pile of rusted metal. Saw it at the
vintage machinery field day here and its
till absolutely immaculate and very useable.
He restored it in the 70s

and fewer and fewer petrol stations.

There will always be enough for all those
who are smart enough to keep their petrol
cars because they are so much easier to use
and dont need to have you twiddling your
thumbs for half an hour when refilling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:
[...]

Yep, all of a hard no deal brexit, May's stupid 'deal'
and any other possibility will all work fine.

And will we leave properly or with some silly deal that means we're as
good as still in it?

Not in the sense of what most don't like about the EU
like the free movement of EUians into the UK and the
EU telling the UK whether it can have state subsidys etc.

And even you should have noticed that that result was achieved by
real democracy not some edict from some self appointed stuffed shirt.

The public was asked a question.

Yes.

Their answer was ignored.

No it wasn't. Article 50 was invoked and the UK is in the process of leaving
the EU.

There is no chance that parliament will agree to revoke Article 50
and so the UK will be out of the EU on 29-Oct unless parliament
can bring itself to agree to something which isnt going to happen.

And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.

Someone must have voted for her for her to have ended up an MP.

But not half the population. When we voted in the tories, it was a
different prime minister.

That's wrong with the last general election.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:03:23 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news They'll probably have done away with democracy by then.

Just another mindlessly silly fantasy.

Look at the mess we have at the moment.

There is no mess. The UK will leave the EU eventually and that will work
out
fine.

Are you sure?

Yep, all of a hard no deal brexit, May's stupid 'deal'
and any other possibility will all work fine.

And will we leave properly or with some silly deal that means we're as
good as still in it?

Not in the sense of what most don't like about the EU
like the free movement of EUians into the UK and the
EU telling the UK whether it can have state subsidys etc.

From what I've seen there are stupid stipulations in the deals which leave us tied to their rules.

And even you should have noticed that that result was achieved by
real democracy not some edict from some self appointed stuffed shirt.

The public was asked a question.

Yes.

Their answer was ignored.

No it wasn't. Article 50 was invoked and the UK is in the process of leaving
the EU.

There is no chance that parliament will agree to revoke Article 50
and so the UK will be out of the EU on 29-Oct unless parliament
can bring itself to agree to something which isnt going to happen.

A proper exit should have been instantaneous. They're clearly trying to back down a bit. If you're told to stop having bonfires in your garden, you don't gradually stop it over a couple of years.

And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.

Someone must have voted for her for her to have ended up an MP.

But not half the population. When we voted in the tories, it was a
different prime minister.

That's wrong with the last general election.

She was put in without an election. Americans correctly think this is insane.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:07:55 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
[...]

Couldn't it have been welded?

Mate of mine restored a 1940s Wolseley
and it still works fine.

Another restored a 1920s Chev that was
just a pile of rusted metal. Saw it at the
vintage machinery field day here and its
till absolutely immaculate and very useable.
He restored it in the 70s

and fewer and fewer petrol stations.

There will always be enough for all those
who are smart enough to keep their petrol
cars because they are so much easier to use
and dont need to have you twiddling your
thumbs for half an hour when refilling.

There will be fast battery charging, you'll see. Uniross can charge an AA to 90% in 10 minutes. I managed to charge a radio controlled car pack (of 6 C NiCad cells) in 5 minutes with fan assistance. It is monumentally unwise to not turn it off when full though :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:03:23 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 97 lines of the two prize idiots' usual bull****

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 05:14:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 168 !!! lines of the two sociopathic idiots' latest bull****
unread

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 119 !!! lines of the two sociopathic idiots' endless sick
bull**** unread

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

Only the stupids like you ignore planes now.

No one is talking about planes, you obnoxious senile Ozzie pest!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 05:07:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bull****.

That one word would make the perfect nym for you, you senile bull****
artist!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news They'll probably have done away with democracy by then.

Just another mindlessly silly fantasy.

Look at the mess we have at the moment.

There is no mess. The UK will leave the EU eventually and that will
work
out
fine.

Are you sure?

Yep, all of a hard no deal brexit, May's stupid 'deal'
and any other possibility will all work fine.

And will we leave properly or with some silly deal that means we're as
good as still in it?

Not in the sense of what most don't like about the EU
like the free movement of EUians into the UK and the
EU telling the UK whether it can have state subsidys etc.

From what I've seen there are stupid stipulations in the deals which leave
us tied to their rules.

But the deals have been binned by parliament and a hard
no deal brexit is almost inevitable now that parliament
cant agree on anything and that how Article 50 works.

And even you should have noticed that that result was achieved by
real democracy not some edict from some self appointed stuffed shirt.

The public was asked a question.

Yes.

Their answer was ignored.

No it wasn't. Article 50 was invoked and the UK is in the process of
leaving the EU.

There is no chance that parliament will agree to revoke Article 50
and so the UK will be out of the EU on 29-Oct unless parliament
can bring itself to agree to something which isnt going to happen.

A proper exit should have been instantaneous.

Something as important as that never can be.

They're clearly trying to back down a bit.

Yes, but they have clearly failed to do that.

If you're told to stop having bonfires in your garden, you don't gradually
stop it over a couple of years.

Leaving the EU is just a tad more complicated than that.

And we have a Prime Minister we didn't vote for.

Someone must have voted for her for her to have ended up an MP.

But not half the population. When we voted in the tories, it was a
different prime minister.

That's wrong with the last general election.

She was put in without an election.

But had a general election after that and came within
an ace of no longer being the PM in that general election. Cant get
more democratic than that.

Americans correctly think this is insane.

They have an even more stupid system where the elected prez
and the congress periodically have a standoff with govt shut
down for weeks or months. Completely ****ed approach.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:07:55 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but it was more work than I was interested in doing.

Mate of mine restored a 1940s Wolseley
and it still works fine.

Another restored a 1920s Chev that was
just a pile of rusted metal. Saw it at the
vintage machinery field day here and its
till absolutely immaculate and very useable.
He restored it in the 70s

and fewer and fewer petrol stations.

There will always be enough for all those
who are smart enough to keep their petrol
cars because they are so much easier to use
and dont need to have you twiddling your
thumbs for half an hour when refilling.

There will be fast battery charging, you'll see.

But nowhere near as fast as filling it with petrol.

Uniross can charge an AA to 90% in 10 minutes.

No one does electric cars that fast and doing it that
fast ****s the battery. No big deal with a AA but a
stupid thing to do with the electric car battery
which is most of the cost of the car to replace.

I managed to charge a radio controlled car pack (of 6 C NiCad cells) in 5
minutes with fan assistance.

Sure, but see above.

It is monumentally unwise to not turn it off when full though :-)

And you'll have the entire car in flames with Li ion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 07:50:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 106 !!! lines of the two prize idiots' latest idiotic drivel

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the
senile Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 07:55:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 113 !!! lines of absolutely idiotic drivel by the two
exceptional idiots

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store

them

would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the

battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

Lithium batteries don't use fluids.

Who said they had to be Lithium? There are many battery chemistries.

And none of them are as good as lithium.

Anyway, I think you'll find there is gel inside Lithium batteries.

And ITYF that inside a car lithium battery are lots of smaller battery cells
so good luck changing any gel in there (in fact most lithium types don't use
gel anyway, they're dry cells).

There won't be refueling stations , there'd simply be charging points
scattered around the place - in car parks, supermarkets, streets etc etc.

Wherever they are, countless cars would be parked where they wouldn't normally
be, taking up space.

Cars have to be parked somewhere. Might as well be near a charger.

The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to have a
range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at home.
Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no driveway.

So that would be most people then would it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store

them

would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the

battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

Lithium batteries don't use fluids.

Who said they had to be Lithium? There are many battery chemistries.

And none of them are as good as lithium.

They are if you can charge them faster.

Anyway, I think you'll find there is gel inside Lithium batteries.

And ITYF that inside a car lithium battery are lots of smaller battery cells
so good luck changing any gel in there

They could be made any way which suits.

(in fact most lithium types don't use
gel anyway, they're dry cells).

Ever opened an AA lithium? They're damp.

There won't be refueling stations , there'd simply be charging points
scattered around the place - in car parks, supermarkets, streets etc etc.

Wherever they are, countless cars would be parked where they wouldn't normally
be, taking up space.

Cars have to be parked somewhere. Might as well be near a charger.

Usually they're at the destination or at home, not in the middle. So a third parking place has to be built.

The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to have a
range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at home.
Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no driveway.

So that would be most people then would it?

No, just the morons who spend more on cars than houses. I have a driveway that can take 5 cars, and own 1 car (I've previously had up to 3). It should be made illegal to park your car permanently in the street. It ain't your land. I've seen ****wits with a 1 bedroom flat and brand new 30K BMW parked on the public road. WTF were they thinking? Get a 5K car and spend the 25K on a bigger house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 11:08:25 +0000 (UTC), , another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

And none of them are as good as lithium.

None is as good at baiting senile idiots like you as the Scottish ****** you
keep feeding, you abnormal troll-feeding senile creep! BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 15:26:09 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 12:08:25 +0100, wrote:
The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to ha=

ve a
range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at =

home.
Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no dr=

iveway.

So that would be most people then would it?

No, just the morons who spend more on cars than houses. I have a drivew=
ay that can take 5 cars, and own 1 car (I've previously had up to 3). I=

I'm guessing you inherited your house since there's no way a thicko like you
could have a good enough job to pay for a house that large.

For the rest of the population who can only afford a flat or terrace house,
you either park on the street or you don't have a car and if you think we're
going to get the bus everywhere just because ****s like you don't like street
parking then I've got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

t should be made illegal to park your car permanently in the street. It=
ain't your land.

Perhaps look up what road tax allows you to do.

I've seen ****wits with a 1 bedroom flat and brand ne=
w =A330K BMW parked on the public road. WTF were they thinking? Get a =
=A35K car and spend the =A325K on a bigger house.

Perhaps they rent the flat but wanted a nice car. So what? Not everyone needs
a big house to feel validated about their lives.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 12:08:25 +0100, wrote:
The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to ha=

ve a
range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at =

home.
Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no dr=

iveway.

So that would be most people then would it?

No, just the morons who spend more on cars than houses. I have a drivew=
ay that can take 5 cars, and own 1 car (I've previously had up to 3). I=

I'm guessing you inherited your house

He didnt.

since there's no way a thicko like you could have
a good enough job to pay for a house that large.

Yep, the state paid for it.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 18:49:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope, his just a pathological bull**** artist like you, senile Rodent. BG

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"