Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Brake fluid in power steering?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 31 May 2019 10:29:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 30/5/19 2:53 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:27:23 +0100,
wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:11:59 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:56:00 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:39:18 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 12:02:33 +0100,
=
wrote:
Autos have always had torque converters. Its only since dual
clutch
=
systems
became common in the last 15 years that they've moved away from
them=
..

No, the old ones used to just jump from one gear to the next. My
Gol=
f (1998)

Umm yes, "jumping from one gear to the next" is generally how old
styl=
e auto
boxes worked. They generally don't go straight from 1st to 5th.

With a torque convertor, there is no jumping. It's like a manual
gearbo=
x with a lot of clutch slippage.

Rubbish. It depends how its built. You can have very slippy fluid
couplings
and you can have ones that feel like there's a solid connection.

I guess Rover made theirs ****. My VW, Honda, and Range Rover could
often
change gear with the only way I could tell being the rev counter and
the
engine pitch. I was physically not jerked at all.

The heaps of crap you drive might only manage 250, probably because
yo=
u nail
the throttle until you hit its top speed of 85mph, but most modern
car=
s will
get 400 out of the tank at motorway speeds.

Define "motorway speed". I do 100.

Nuff said.

So you're one of those retards with the slow brains that grind the
country to a halt. Just get out of my way.

Have a look around you, how many cars are electric (and don't include
hy=
brids). Here I'd say it was 1 in 300 at the most. They cost more to
bu=
y, you have a huge =A35000 cost when the battery needs replacing
every
5=
years, there are **** all places to charge them, and it takes forever
t=
o fill them up. They just aren't yet a viable means of transport.

Not yet, but go back to 1819 and try to fill up a petrol or diesel
car.
Coal
from the local railway wouldn't do you much good.

I'll get an electric car when it will travel as far as a petrol car,
costs me no more to run, and will fill up as fast.

In the future I daresay you will not be given the choice.

Bet we will, because anything else would be political suicide.

They'll probably have done away with democracy by then.

Just another mindlessly silly fantasy.