Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Brake fluid in power steering?

On Fri, 31 May 2019 08:52:19 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 30/5/19 2:53 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:27:23 +0100,
wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 17:11:59 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:56:00 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:39:18 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2019 12:02:33 +0100, =
wrote:
Autos have always had torque converters. Its only since dual clutch =
systems
became common in the last 15 years that they've moved away from them=
..

No, the old ones used to just jump from one gear to the next. My Gol=
f (1998)

Umm yes, "jumping from one gear to the next" is generally how old styl=
e auto
boxes worked. They generally don't go straight from 1st to 5th.

With a torque convertor, there is no jumping. It's like a manual
gearbo=
x with a lot of clutch slippage.

Rubbish. It depends how its built. You can have very slippy fluid
couplings
and you can have ones that feel like there's a solid connection.

I guess Rover made theirs ****. My VW, Honda, and Range Rover could
often change gear with the only way I could tell being the rev counter
and the engine pitch. I was physically not jerked at all.

The heaps of crap you drive might only manage 250, probably because yo=
u nail
the throttle until you hit its top speed of 85mph, but most modern car=
s will
get 400 out of the tank at motorway speeds.

Define "motorway speed". I do 100.

Nuff said.

So you're one of those retards with the slow brains that grind the
country to a halt. Just get out of my way.

Have a look around you, how many cars are electric (and don't include
hy=
brids). Here I'd say it was 1 in 300 at the most. They cost more to
bu=
y, you have a huge =A35000 cost when the battery needs replacing
every 5=
years, there are **** all places to charge them, and it takes forever t=
o fill them up. They just aren't yet a viable means of transport.

Not yet, but go back to 1819 and try to fill up a petrol or diesel
car. Coal
from the local railway wouldn't do you much good.

I'll get an electric car when it will travel as far as a petrol car,
costs me no more to run, and will fill up as fast.

In the future I daresay you will not be given the choice.

Only if oil runs out, which will make life far more interesting in very aspect.