Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Brake fluid in power steering?

On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:07:55 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:38:47 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at
least
as good as petrol cars.

Not even possible. In spades with planes.

No one is talking about planes.

Only the stupids like you ignore planes now.

They just need to make the batteries cheaper and last longer

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave.

Apparently others do since thats exactly
whats happened over the last 10 years.

Bull**** it is with the stupid cost of the batterys, how
slow they are to recharge and how long they dont last.

But doesn't get even close to the price of a tank of
petrol and can't be recharged anything like as quickly.

And it never will - you'll simply have to put up
with waiting 30 mins to "refill" instead of 3.

Nope I wont be stupid enough to have an electric car.

In 20 years - if you're not compost by then -
you won't have a choice if you're buying new.

Bull****.

Sure, buy 2nd hand

Just keep using the current car.

and try and keep the old nail running
on an ever decreasing pool of spare parts

Thats bull**** too. My previous Golf lasted
fine for 45 years and needed **** all parts
and those parts will still be available for
the cars still sold in countrys not actually
stupid enough to ban petrol cars.

The only reason I replaced the Golf was
because I was stupid enough to not fix
the known windscreen leak that could
produce a wet floor until it eventually
rusted the floor thru and could no
longer be registered for that reason;.

Couldn't it have been welded?

Mate of mine restored a 1940s Wolseley
and it still works fine.

Another restored a 1920s Chev that was
just a pile of rusted metal. Saw it at the
vintage machinery field day here and its
till absolutely immaculate and very useable.
He restored it in the 70s

and fewer and fewer petrol stations.

There will always be enough for all those
who are smart enough to keep their petrol
cars because they are so much easier to use
and dont need to have you twiddling your
thumbs for half an hour when refilling.

There will be fast battery charging, you'll see. Uniross can charge an AA to 90% in 10 minutes. I managed to charge a radio controlled car pack (of 6 C NiCad cells) in 5 minutes with fan assistance. It is monumentally unwise to not turn it off when full though :-)