Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
[email protected] blt_dbmfy@zau.gov is offline

Default Brake fluid in power steering?

On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:30:57 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 19:27:46 +0100,
wrote:

On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:32:47 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2019 18:22:06 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 03:02:37 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news In the future I expect technology to have improved to make them at least
as good as petrol cars.

While battery swapping might conceivably get close
time wise, there is no way to stop someone swapping
a good battery for a ****ed one and no way to test
how ****ed a battery is quickly and charge those who
show up with a ****ed battery for the cost of a new one
or just tell them to **** off with their ****ed battery.

Battery swapping is not feasible - the amount of space required to store

them

would be ridiculous and constant swapping wouldn't do the connectors on the

battery or the car any good over time.

What about electrolyte swapping?

Lithium batteries don't use fluids.

Who said they had to be Lithium? There are many battery chemistries.

And none of them are as good as lithium.

Anyway, I think you'll find there is gel inside Lithium batteries.

And ITYF that inside a car lithium battery are lots of smaller battery cells
so good luck changing any gel in there (in fact most lithium types don't use
gel anyway, they're dry cells).

There won't be refueling stations , there'd simply be charging points
scattered around the place - in car parks, supermarkets, streets etc etc.

Wherever they are, countless cars would be parked where they wouldn't normally
be, taking up space.

Cars have to be parked somewhere. Might as well be near a charger.

The only sensible answer if they can't be charged instantly, is to have a
range enough so that 99% of people can just charge them overnight at home.
Mind you, that ****s up all those weird folk who have a car but no driveway.

So that would be most people then would it?