Old March 14th 19, 06:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 23:56:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 11 March 2019 18:51:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct
one.

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP.
Had to get the demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the
lecture.
Only way to do that was to get in the lift before the students.
So fo rme it didnlt matter whether the lift was going up or down
occuying
the lift meant you decided where it went rather than the students.

But you still achieved nothing by pressing the button that
pointed to where the lift actually was,

Yes I do because the door opens if the
lift is on the floor I;m currently on.

There is no button to press that indicates that the lift is at your
floor and if it was at your floor, the door would be open anyway.

or by pressing both buttons. It would have got to your floor
earlier if you had pressed the button indicating which direction you
wanted the lift to go once it had arrived at your floor and let you in.

So you press both buttons, well done.
That way whatever direction the lift is going in it
stops on your floor, then I turf the students out.

But it still goes to where it was going after you turf
the students out so you have achieve nothing by
turfing them out at your floor. Its better to let them
get out at the floor they wanted to go to and then
have the lift go to your floor and for you to turf
the new lot out.

Then why do they have 2 buttons ?

Because some people want to go up and some to go
down and unless the lift is told which way they want to
go, it doesn’t know whether to stop at that floor or not
or whether to stop there later after it changes direction.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button.

No it isn't.

Fraid so, because that’s when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.

Yes and I want it to stop at my floor that's why I pressed the buttons
Duh!

Its stupid to have it stop at you floor and then keep
going away from the floor you want to go to, stupid.

And its more likely to need to decide that when its moving
students around rather than just sitting empty waiting for
someone to press a button outside the lift.

No point in doing that because that means that you have to
make those in the lift leave it so you can get your trolley in.

And it will still keep going to the lower floor after you do
that and will open the door there even tho those who
wanted to go to the floor have been kicked out of the
lift by you so you could get the trolley in.

Exactly and then I can stop further students getting
and just going up/down ONE floor.

But you wasted your time kicking the students out of the
lift when it stopped at your floor. If you had used the
correct button, they would have been delivered to the
floor they wanted to go to and you would only have
to kick out the ones that entered at that floor, later.

Then I can select which floor I want to go to,

That will be ignored until it has gone to the floor
it was going to before you stupidly got it to stop
at your floor by pressing both buttons.

and have to wait for the lift to return.

It will do that anyway.

Better and quicker to reserve yuor place in the lift while it's going
down.

You don’t reserve anything.

I achieve the aim I set out to achieve.

Nope.

It's like getting on the bus before yuor normal stop, I had to do that
today.

Nothing like,

because you by yourself doesn’t kick people off the bus
to get the trolley on it. Those already on the bus will tell you to ****
off and that you will have to wait for a later bus with space for you.

So I can on before those people that is the point, as it is with the lift.

Nope, you don’t do that with the lift.

Central line was out, so in order to beat the other few hundred or so
gettign
off and queuing at the nearest bus stop, I walked 'back' 2 stops and
got a
seat.

Nothing even remotely like the lift situation.

The idea is that you get on as EARLY as possible,
even if that means going in the wrong direction.

No point in doing that with the lift.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

and how does that change anyhting ,

If you want to cross the road, it has to stop the traffic, stupid.

What has to stop the traffic

The lights, stupid.

Old March 14th 19, 07:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:54:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 156 lines of the usual idiotic troll****

....and much better air in here again.

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Old March 15th 19, 01:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 17:54:23 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

When I came into today the lift was on the ground floor the door was closed..
It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesnlt matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

or by pressing both buttons. It would have got to your floor
earlier if you had pressed the button indicating which direction you
wanted the lift to go once it had arrived at your floor and let you in..

So you press both buttons, well done.
That way whatever direction the lift is going in it
stops on your floor, then I turf the students out.

But it still goes to where it was going after you turf
the students out so you have achieve nothing by
turfing them out at your floor.

Yes I have I can now get the trolley into the lift.
The trolly was designed to be the maxium size to fit in the lift, it;s not a sack barrow, it's about 2 meters long and 1 metre high and waisst height with two lower sheleves.

Its better to let them
get out at the floor they wanted to go to .

But then more students will get in, lifts go up and down you know,
and not all students travel in the same direction at the same time.

and then
have the lift go to your floor and for you to turf
the new lot out.

How do I do that the lift has students in it that have selected the floor THEY
want to go to, so it will bypass me waiting for the lift.

You really have no idea how lifts work do you. I thought they had them in australia maybe not in the putback in tin sheds perhaps that;s where yuo're going wrong, when was the last time you used a lift ?

Fraid so, because that’s when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.

Yes and I want it to stop at my floor that's why I pressed the buttons
Duh!

Its stupid to have it stop at your floor.

How will I get in it if it doesn't stop at my floor ?

and then keep
going away from the floor you want to go to, stupid.

No it's more stupid to let it go to another floor to get more students,
that will select the floor they want to go to.

This is really like rocket science to you isn't it.

Old March 15th 19, 03:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

So everything in that cess pit of design is ****ed by design. Figures.

It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesnlt
matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

But it does make a difference when the lift isnt stopped, stupid.

And since this mindless silly **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Old March 15th 19, 04:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 March 2019 14:45:57 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

No that's how it should be.

And in most lifts the buttons on the inside are on the right hand side because the majority of people are right handed.

It's your head that's ****ed, and I doubt you can really blame a designer for that, it the user where the problem lies.

It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesn't
matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

But it does make a difference when the lift isnt stopped, stupid.

So what differnce does it make, let see if you can workm it out from a users POV.

And since this mindless silly **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Which direction does the chain go in ?

Old March 15th 19, 06:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

And how is this related to lighting?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
[...]

Fraid so, because that?Ts when the lift need to decide if its

Old March 15th 19, 07:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian-Gaff wrote

And how is this related to lighting?

It isnt, but changing the subject ****s up the
threading with some news readers, not mine.

Old March 15th 19, 09:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 05:51:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And how is this related to lighting?

It isnt, but changing the subject ****s up the
threading with some news readers, not mine.

No thread could ever be as ****ed up as you are, you 85-year-old senile
pest!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Fluorescent lighting Mark Spice UK diy 4 February 8th 06 10:33 AM
Fluorescent lighting question rickm Home Repair 13 October 29th 04 12:56 AM
fluorescent lighting stuart noble UK diy 17 October 15th 04 11:25 PM
Fluorescent lighting? Schism Home Repair 13 June 22nd 04 03:00 AM
Fluorescent lighting advice Paul Moore UK diy 6 February 11th 04 03:16 PM