Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Friday, 8 March 2019 18:54:58 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one.

In theory in an empty lift, problem is this IS NOT the case with students
using them.
Whether it's going up or down it's best to get in with the trolly forcing the students out and making them walk a flight of stairs, otherwise you will be there for far longer, usually I only use the lift when I know studetns are in lecture rooms and labs. They are usually out and roaming the college like zombies in shaun of the dead on thre hour and sometimes on the half hour.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.

Nothing like it, those dont indicate which direction
you are going, just that you want to cross there.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

Look it up.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

and whichever you press the lift will reach you.
Pressing both buttons makes no difference, everyone know that.