Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fluorescent lighting

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 16:17:58 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 14:16:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 17:06:20 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Andy Burns wrote
whisky-dave wrote

lifts where you have to tell it what floor before you
get in it and then wait for the lift that goes to that
floor

so rather than just up/down buttons,

I've never seen a life with just up and down buttons.

Then you need to get out more. Most do BEFORE YOU GET IN IT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:E...trol_panel.jpg.

Dumb**** we were refering to inside the lift NOT outside.

Even a terminal drunken ****wit should be able
to read and comprehend the current first para
with the words BEFORE YOU GET IN.

But that doesn't make any differnce to whether the lift goes up
or
down.

Perhaps you don't have them in Aus or they work differntly.

Today the lift was on teh 4th floor. I was on the ground floor.
we
have
basement and floors 1, 2, 3, 4,

SO I called the lift using the down button, according tlo you
this
means I
want to go to the basement, I didn't I wanted the 2nd floor.

The lift came to the ground floor I got in and the door closed.
Nothig
else happened the lift stayed on the ground floor, after a few
miniutes I
pressed the button for the 2nd floor and the lift went up.

Now according to ****wits, when pressing the down button outside
the
lift
the lift should go down well it didn't.

That's really fascinating. Such a simple conrtro system and you've
totally failed to understand it. If you want to go up, you press
the
up button. You get a lift just as quickly, but one on the way to
the
basement because of the another user's request will not waste their
time
and yours by stopping on the way down. It will still stop on the
way
up, if another lift has not yet reached you. But everyone will be
saved
the time of the futile stop on the way down. In your case, the
lift
at
the top which is empty and has no demand for the basement will
still
come just as quickly if you press the up button, but will know it
has
go up. So you lose nothing by pressing the right button, but the
overall system is improved.

Or possibly you're joking?

But I've know this lift for 30 years

But are so stupid that you have never managed to work
out what the two buttons outside the lift are actually for.

I know what they are meant to be for, but
by using them I know what they actually do.

You clearly dont because there is no easy way of
actually measuring if you get a better result from
the lift if you use the buttons as they are meant to
be used instead of the stupid way you use them.

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.

Nothing like it, those dont indicate which direction
you are going, just that you want to cross there.

In some locations pressing the button will after a short delay
stop the trafic in others it won;t matter whether you press them once
or 1000 time the trafiic wil, stop but has nothing to do with the buttons.

Separate matter entirely to the two lift buttons outside the lift.

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

But the more inteligent know better.

You clearly dont.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of why no one has
ever actually been stupid enough to get you to design anything.