Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 16:13:00 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP. Had to get the
demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the lecture. Only way to
do that was to get in the lift before the students. So fo rme it didnlt
matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying the lift meant you
decided where it went rather than the students.

Must be a very odd lift if you can change the direction of travel it has
worked out - unless you have some form of priority key.

We used to have an override key.

Otherwise all you're doing is going the wrong way for the ride.

Yes but it not always the wrong way, and even if it is , it;s still far quicker than waiting for it to go the right way and not being able to get in in because all the studetns want to go the right way too.
Better to get in it with the trolly when it;s going the wrong way an empty.

Have you had any experience of getting 14 students out of the lift that say capacity 12, didn't think so.
Only happened once but it did amuse me.

But that's experience over 'managment cluelessness'